Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sore breasts/nipples post ovulation - progesterone?

Hi all,
    I have a question about sore breasts/nipples post ovulation.
    EVERY cycle, I know exactly when I have released an egg because my nipples become incredibly sore. So for me, this month I O'ed on Tuesday 20th and that evening my nipples starting gradually becoming more tender and sore. By wednesday 21st am right through to pm they were unbearably sore. Even clothes brushing past them hurts A LOT. This is really normal for me, it happens every cycle without fail and is a sure fire way of knowing if I have O'ed.
    However, today (thursday 22nd) I woke up to absolutely no sore breasts or nipples. The pain has totally gone.
    This is not usual at all for me. Once I have o'ed, my nipples are unbearably sore until AF arrives and they stop hurting altogether or until BFP when the pain increases.. I am a little alarmed that the pain has gone away at only 2dpo.
    Does anybody know what this could mean?

Last month I had a MC and my breasts were so extremely sore from O onwards, that if DH so much as LOOKED at them I would wince in pain! They stayed that way until a few days after AF was due and I'd had my BFP's and the day they stopped hurting I started MC'ing and bleeding.

My biggest worry is that this is a progesterone issue?. Am I right in understanding that it is the rise of progesterone after O and then subsequently if/when pregnant it rises again that causes sore breasts?
    Would the dissappearing sore breasts at 2dpo indicate that my progesterone level had risen post Ov but then dropped again - so therefore not enough to implant/sustain a possible pregnancy?

I need my Dr to investigate progesterone but he won't, so that isn't an option unfortunately.

Also, I've read something online (this) that was linked on another pregnancy forum, on a thread about breast pain post-Ov. It basically states that if pain is in the sides of your breasts then it indicates that ovulation has occurred and if the pain is in the front of the breasts or over the nipples it indicates an estrogen dominance which may mean ovulation did not occur.

This is worrying because I NEVER feel pain in the sides of my breasts, not even when I was pregnant with my DS (that I remember) or last month with my MC. The pain is always intense and concentrated in the nipple/areola area.

At this stage post-ov I am well aware that this isn't a case of possibly being pregnant or not, it's not so much symptom spotting for a BFP, rather wondering if this could be the reason for my MC last month and a reason why I can't get/stay pregnant.
    The sudden disappearance of sore breasts at 2dpo is just not right for me and I am wondering if there is something wrong.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure if this will help but, I use to have sore breast before AF like clockwork. I couldn't even sleep on my side they would hurt so much. Then one month it stopped and I haven't had that again. Until this last month on our first attempt it started again. My friend that is a labor/delivery nurse told me that some women NEVER experience sore breast, and that it's ok, you still can get pg. sometimes the body produces a lot of progesterone and causes the tender breast and sometimes it's "normal" and you won't feel a thing. That's just a nurse opinion, but hope it helps.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeaG View Post
    I'm not sure if this will help but, I use to have sore breast before AF like clockwork. I couldn't even sleep on my side they would hurt so much. Then one month it stopped and I haven't had that again. Until this last month on our first attempt it started again. My friend that is a labor/delivery nurse told me that some women NEVER experience sore breast, and that it's ok, you still can get pg. sometimes the body produces a lot of progesterone and causes the tender breast and sometimes it's "normal" and you won't feel a thing. That's just a nurse opinion, but hope it helps.
    Thank you for sharing that!
    I am hoping it has no significance whatsoever, so fingers crossed

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never even noticed sore breasts until I started TTCing. For me it was one of those 2ww obsessions, IYKWIM. The first time I ever noticed sore breasts was when I was pg with DD. Now that I have been TTC for the last 10 months, I notice it EVERY month. And I have read that article you posted (many times ) and I end up looking like a lunatic during each 2ww...grabbing myself and pinching trying to determine exactly where the pain is.

IMO, there are times in your life where you are just more aware. Or perhaps, times in your life when your bbs hurt O-AF or not at all. Oh, and about 7 months ago, I had 2 cycles in a row with the "vanishing" pain. You are not alone
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anchor View Post
    I never even noticed sore breasts until I started TTCing. For me it was one of those 2ww obsessions, IYKWIM. The first time I ever noticed sore breasts was when I was pg with DD. Now that I have been TTC for the last 10 months, I notice it EVERY month. And I have read that article you posted (many times ) and I end up looking like a lunatic during each 2ww...grabbing myself and pinching trying to determine exactly where the pain is.

IMO, there are times in your life where you are just more aware. Or perhaps, times in your life when your bbs hurt O-AF or not at all. Oh, and about 7 months ago, I had 2 cycles in a row with the "vanishing" pain. You are not alone
    Thank you!
    Strangely, the pain is back today. BUt only in the left breast!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it is about being aware and senstitive to these things.
    After giving birth the pre AF sore breast thing was totally gone, and now I have these sensations too before AF (Have had 2 BFN). Also some post ovulatory pains that continues on either side till AF.

Obviously I did not get BFP so it must be progesterone symptoms...
    Anyways it is completely normal, and this time I am not putting anything into it till I miss AF or get BFP. If I do...which I dont think wont happen...I think
    Happy mom of two beautiful boyz
    2007 2009

Prayed and Swayed 2013 (PP)
    My babygirl was born 19 april 2014