Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pregnancy tester sticks for use with Clear Blue Avanced Monitor?

The new box of tester sticks that I bought to use with my CB Fertility Monitor (an old one, not the new, square Advanced Monitor with the touch screen) included 4 pregnancy tester sticks 'to be used with the CB Advanced Monitor only'. The OPK tester sticks can be used with either the old or new monitor, according to the box - though I personally think switching to the new sticks right around my surge is at least part of why I didn't get a Peak this month.*

Anyway, these CB pregnancy tester sticks. I tested with one today(11DPO), hoping to see a second line and infer something from it visually despite not having the right machine to stick it in. While it was wet and more clearly now that it dried, I saw an extremely faint line. It has colour and it's thick, and in the same place a second line would be on one of the OPK sticks. It's unfortunately a squinter, but I really think it's there, not my imagination. But, does that not count? Maybe there's always a visible second line on these pregnancy tests? Also, does anyone have any idea of their sensitivity? 20miu, 50 miu, what? I googled but I think these sticks are pretty new bc I couldn't find any useful info.*

I haven't been able to get concentrated urine today but I will try again with one tomorrow, if there's a point.
    Last edited by maidentomother; December 20th, 2014 at 07:27 AM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No idea of that particular test, but that sounds like it could be your bfp do you have frer (pink line tests - something like first response) where you are? I had a squinter on a clear blue (that had expired lol!) at 8/9 dpo that was much stronger with frer. Also, I know fmu is recommended but as long as you can 'hold it in' for 4+ hrs (which is normal for me and my camel bladder lol, but I know it can be impossible for others) then my personal thought is that you are good to test during the day as well as with fmu or smu.
    Go get buying so more sticks!
    Good luck Hun
    2 beautiful blue eyed boys who both own my (3 if you count DH!)
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

'No one knows when or how their story ends...' My wonderful mum 2014.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 2 FRERs that I had shipped from the UK, they don't sell sensitive tests here at all. Since I can't easily replace them I'm not willing to test with a FRER until I see a clear line on a cheapie or I'm 1-2 days late.

Holding is no problem, I pee like 4 times a day max, the problem is I can't limit fluids as I get really bad headaches after 2 hours of no water, and I've already had 3 migraines this cycle. It's very difficult for me to get urine darker than lemonade at any time of day. 7-9DPO I had nice dark FMU but since then it's all been light despite limiting as much as I confortably can.

12DPO today...BFN on the cheapies. Maybe I will try a '3 days before you period' German boxed HPT if I can get some dark urine later.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that you will see the line on the frer way before the cheapie sticks.....
    1st Marriage 1999 2002
    2nd Marriage 2008 2011
    #1 Dogus N Cyprus BFN
    HT July -Aug 2015 - Too beautiful for this world
    Sep 2015 FET at Clinic R CZ BFN
    Due July 2016 with a rainbow natural conception

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's what I think/fear, too, I just wish I had more FRERs!

My Ovulation Chart

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This sounds promising maiden I would be happy to post you FRER in the future which hopefully you won't need.
    Prayed and swayed Boy . . .
    Blessed with a beautiful Girl
    Thank You God

"Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed. Each of us is loved. Each of us is necessary."

Pope Benedict XVI

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Aww, thanks True Blue!

Just now I went to empty my bladder before bed in hopes of having concentrated urine tomorrow am. And for the hell of it I decided to test with another CB pregnancy tester stick, even though my urine wasn't dark. I don't want to get too excited but I am positive a second line is there, it's still faint but just beyond a squinter, definitely darker than the line yesterday. This is while wet/in the presumable time limit, too. I really hope it's for real! I showed my friend the 11DPO squinter, btw, and he saw it too, but was not convinced it had any colour to it.

I have 3 CB digital HPTs btw (NOT the more sensitive weeks estimator), those I can get from amazon.de next day shipping. So I'd be willing to test with one of those more than my irreplaceable FRERs, but I think they are like 50miu so probably a waste, right? The single German early HPT I have (Hilary brand) that says '3 days before AF', according to the insert is 25miu sensitivity officially but has detected as low as 15miu. If my FMU is actually dark tomorrow I'll try it, as I can get more at my local pharmacy on Monday.

I will be PISSED if when I test with a FRER it's super dark but my cheapies are still BFN! Btw, both brands of cheapies claim to be 10miu.
    Last edited by maidentomother; December 20th, 2014 at 07:49 PM.

My Ovulation Chart

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always get my squinters with Frer before any other test.

I really hope this is it for you
    Prayed and swayed Boy . . .
    Blessed with a beautiful Girl
    Thank You God

"Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed. Each of us is loved. Each of us is necessary."

Pope Benedict XVI

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you post a pic of tests please?
    1st Marriage 1999 2002
    2nd Marriage 2008 2011
    #1 Dogus N Cyprus BFN
    HT July -Aug 2015 - Too beautiful for this world
    Sep 2015 FET at Clinic R CZ BFN
    Due July 2016 with a rainbow natural conception

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maiden I have this test here and also international stamps which I can gladly post in an hour if you pm me your address
    July 13' 9 ret 1 normal xx & 1 xy bfn
    May 14' 9 ret & 7 fertilised & batched
    Sept 14' 12 ret & 10 fert & batched
    Fet Dec 14 bfn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast