Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2WW

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all for being here for me.
    Just looking at some of your charts and Google-ing ovulation/cm makes me think I probably O'd on Saturday instead of Thursday or Friday. I'm interested on what my chart will look like temping for a month. If nothing else I suppose it will keep me busy!
    Thanks for your support. Chat with you all soon.
    Good luck for catching the egg! I'm excited to hear some more BFPs!
    EmJ
    2 blue babes

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Emilee- Charting can be SO helpful. I use the website Fertilityfriend and love it. They make it super easy to interperet your charts- they also make it easy to obsess though as they can track symptoms and compare to all the other women on the site. But you don't have to use it to it's full potential If you O'd on Sat then it could also still be too early for your BFP!

AFM- I had a super Dr's. appt this morning! Everything looks great- nothing remained, and he gave me the go ahead to start trying as soon as I want (I was shocked as he can be a bit conservative!) He said AF generally comes around the 4 week mark +/- 1 week. He didn't give me any hints as to where I am in my cycle but that would mean I should be Oing anytime in the next week. I'm so excited to be TTC again! He also said the spotting was totally normal.
    Enjoying life with my crazy little DS1 2010: and DS2 2012:
    Jan 15- Loss sway baby 12 wks
    It's a boy!
    My Chart

3. Likes essnce629 liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maiden - The m/c was after 2 months of trying and dd was a calculated experiment 2 months later before we officially started trying again. I was still on the Lyme treatments and thought I couldn't get preg, but I knew if it happened I'd be done by the time I got a bfp. So yeah, 7 cycles so far this time, and within that amount of time before, I was pregnant twice.

XX - Glad the acupuncture is resetting your cycle! Every day is one day closer to your Goldie!

Junie - Hooray!!! Happy bding!

Emilee - *hugs* I hope you like temping. I enjoy it! I do worry when dd wakes me up during the night, but I've found it doesn't affect me much.

essnce - Your chart is awesome! Please poas!
    2011 early m/c, 2012, 7/2015 early m/c, praying for 2016

My Ovulation Chart
    preparing for this since March 2014, mysterious infertility, diagnosed with adrenal fatigue Jan 2016 and now treating

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’d be extremely skeptical of using rat studies to draw conclusions about humans when it comes to fertility.

The human and rat reproductive strategies are completely different. Humans have 1 or 2 babies per year. Rats gestate in 3-4 weeks, have up to a dozen babies in expectation that half of them will die, and are ready to be impregnated within 72 hours of delivery.

OBVIOUSLY female rats would get a little freaked out if there weren’t food around for a few hours… because their lives run at 1/16 of human scale. If you were a rat and you didn’t have food available, and were faced with the prospect of generating 10 ratlings in 3 weeks, I’m sure you’d shut that whole thing down until you found food, too. And I’m sure it would stress you out.

Humans, on the other hand, have a reproductive system that’s extremely tolerant of the metabolic up/down regulations that happen in the face of more/less macronutrients.

It HAS to work that way. Otherwise we’d miscarry whenever the hunt didn’t go so well, and that would be a ridiculous and needless expense of energy.

I’m not trying to discount anecdotal reports of IF not going so well for women. I have no doubts that IF is not for everyone.

But let’s at least start looking at the actual reasons why, and not throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

For instance, most women try to do a low-fat / high-protein / moderate carb version of IF for whatever reason. And that is disastrous for hormones for women, absolutely.

Signed,

a woman who has been very successfully IFing for over a year on a high-fat / moderate protein / carbs-only-after-training diet, and got pregnant the first time she didn’t use protection.
    (Comment from Naomi Most) -This sums up some of the issues with the rodent study. Also, the rats were eating bad quality food AND were calorie restricted, neither of which I do or recommend when TTC.

As for women doing Paleo + IF reporting bad results...that may be the case. What you eat when IFing, especially if you are also restricting, calories, makes a huge difference. I have never eaten a Paleo diet as I personally do well eating grains and carbs, so I can't commenf on that. Other than to say that I have never lost O when doing IF.

I DO agree that IF doesn't always work well for everyone or every diet. And how extreme you can/should do it varies greatly.
    Last edited by maidentomother; January 29th, 2015 at 10:32 AM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

January 2WW

I agree Maiden! Fasting is not for everyone and people need to make the best decisions for themselves.

AFM- I cannot go below 120lbs without drastic measures. Once my body starts losing, I can dial things back but this is a huge weight set point for me. Also there is no way I could fast more than two days BFing DS2 twice a day. I would lose ovulation if I did. Once I get to my goal weight, 115lbs, I can easily maintain my weight without having to fast. We are approaching Lent though (I'm catholic), and I'll have to fast once a week anyway. I fast traditionally, not the Vatican II way that allows you to have two small meals and one full meal a day with no meat at all on Fridays. So me adding one more day is no big deal, although Lent won't start until February!

I appreciate the concern, and I am glad you ladies care about us! I love the community here and feel so supported. What we are doing and going through- we often can't talk about it with anyone else. So thank you Essnce! It is nice to have someone nudge us to reflect on things 😘!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by XXforhubby; January 29th, 2015 at 09:38 AM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Girls doing IF, please be careful. There are some interesting studies showing that IF may be more beneficial to men than women, especially when it comes to fertility. Female rats had decreased fertility, decreased size in ovaries, and increased masculinization when fasting. All things you definitely don't want when trying to get pregnant. I definitely wouldn't want IF to make it even harder for you to get pregnant as swaying girl and the LE diet already does that!

I thought of you all when I came across this today: Paleo for Women | Shattering the Myth of Fasting for Women: A Review of Female-Specific Responses to Fasting in the Literature
    I am familiar with that post, and there are several reasons I disagree with most of her conclusions. I won't get into them all myself since that would definitely not be good for my sway, but I will say that even if IF is as bad for women as Stefani claims, it would still be a strong pink sway factor! I do agree women TTC should be careful with IF and listen to their bodies above all. Also, when IFing, it really matters what food you eat. Paleo is very different from the LE. I am not a fan of Paleo personally so I can't comment on the anecdotal response of women who eat Paleo snd IF, bc I have always eaten lots of carbs including grains.

Here is a great rebuttal from a more thorough scientific mind, IMO: Intermittent fasting for women

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow!! I was off the site for one day and there was so much catch up to read!

Junie: I'm so glad your dr appt went well and you got the go ahead!!! I am 5-6 dpo and am hoping to wait until Monday morning to test. I will only be 10 dpo but I am a poas addict so it will be a miracle if I can wait until then!

Is there anyone else about 5-6 dpo right now?

The IF diet is so tempting to me but for my own mental well being I'm not jumping on that ship. It's interesting that your milk production is increasing mommy machine and xx. I had such a hard time producing enough milk as it was. I think when I was b-fing I was working out too much and not getting enough calories or water:/

Sorry Emileejane. Bfn are bad enough as it is without having a dream that gets your hopes up...
    Feb. '11
    Dec. '12
    Dec. '14
    Praying for 2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oops, I didn't mean to post twice! I kept getting weird error messages I've never seen before so I thought my posts didn't go through! Anyone else ever see Sucuri Cloud error pages?

Junie, I am so happy all is well and you go the official go ahead! Maybe we'll O together.

XX, I also fast religiously for Yom Kippur (I'm Jewish). Many religions include fasting, and I do find the mental clarity from fasting to be spiritually useful.

sage, so you conceived both times before while sick with Lyme's? Or was your loss before you had Lyme's? I had LD 2 summers ago and it was brutal. I definitely get why you're concerned now about conceiving. I feel similarly since I always conceived quickly before, but I've been chalking it up to Vitex and one attempt. What supps do you take?

tarasue, you definitely don't need to IF to get a girl so just ignore us! It can take a lot of mental willpower to maintain healthy habits after ED so you should be proud of yourself for not slipping back. I do know lack of food/water has a huge effect on milk supply so that could be to blame. Then again, some women just have naturally lower supply no matter what they do, and you could be in that category. I have so much trouble drinking enough fluid for just me that I'm afraid I won't be able to drink enough for a good milk supply.
    Last edited by maidentomother; January 29th, 2015 at 10:50 AM.

My Ovulation Chart

10. Likes tarasue liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Junie- so glad to hear your appt went well and you got the green light to try! What a relief! Good luck!
    Still waiting here! I'm researching temp charts now and will check in when I start and if I need help from you gals!
    EmJ
    2 blue babes

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay well AF just showed up! Being this early in the am I would assume this is CD 1 although so far just spotting. Also i clearly didn't temp this morning.
    So tomorrow I would temp and write it under day 2 on chart?

See you all in Feb 2ww!
    EmJ
    2 blue babes

Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast