Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768

Thread: February 2WW

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

February 2WW

Geez- could we possibly have anything more in common Maiden?! I am really beginning to think we were separated at birth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes maidentomother liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Add me to the scoliosis club, lol. Have either of you read "8 Steps to a Pain-Free Back" or heard of Ester Gokhale? I first learned about it a couple of years ago, and it helped. I credit the spinning babies website, doing nightly pelvic tilts before laying down (as described in the Bradley book), and an awareness of letting my belly hang and not sink into my pelvis when I sat (I believe all that was on spinning babies) as contributing to my successful homebirth. The scoliosis wasn't an issue until she was about 3 months old and I was putting myself out of whack reaching for her so often at night. I had some physical therapy then and changed how I was moving, so things improved. Anyway, I saw dh's footprints in the snow last week and was motivated to pull the Gokhale book off the shelf again, so it's part of my renewed effort to be super healthy for my bfp and sway! Here's a fun video about neck stretches that I was just watching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1U8...ature=youtu.be
    2011 early m/c, 2012, 7/2015 early m/c, praying for 2016

My Ovulation Chart
    preparing for this since March 2014, mysterious infertility, diagnosed with adrenal fatigue Jan 2016 and now treating

4. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maiden,
    Thanks ~ I will read your earlier threads when I have time
    BTW, my sister also has severe scoliosis and it seems to have improved after having her two DD's. She still sees a chiropractor regularly but she doesn't seem to mention pain nearly as much as she did before.

I didn't get married until I was 35 - not at all what I wanted, but wasn't going to settle on DH. So the race was on at that point. Couldn't TTC the first six months because I had just had my thyroid ablated and needed to wait for the radiation to fully exit my body. Then, DS1 came with one attempt. I was fully intending to EBF but was told he needed formula supplementation due to slow weight gain. So I BF and FF from the beginning. In hindsight and with more experience, I would have pushed harder to EBF and not just listened to the first person to tell me what to do. But this made DS1 less dependent on me and reduced my supply so he weaned himself at ten months when I got pregnant with DS2 (I assume he recognized a taste change). DS2 was EBF and he's a totally different story. We're still going strong at 15 months (just stopped round the clock last month) and he is showing absolutely no signs of wanting to wean. (I'm totally pro-BF, the longer the better. DH, who is British, and I totally laugh at the "controversies" surrounding it in the U.S. For instance, the TIME magazine cover two years ago with a BF four-year-old that caused a storm and the current show "The Slap" centering on a spoiled BF five-year old, or the fact that it's necessary to protect public BF with laws). DS's are 19 months apart; could have been 17 months if not for the CPs. I had two different docs with them and they both recommended TTC when DS was only six months just due to my age and assumed lower infertility. Knowing we were only having three, and being absolutely desperate for a DD, I found GD and bought a personalized plan. My period took longer to come back this time so didn't TTC until DS2 was eight months and we went for six cycles; that's the only reason for the bigger gap between these two. I'm 39 now and DH is 46 so just don't have luxury of time.

I have four siblings and always wanted at least four children, but that dream is dashed just due to age (I know it's possible, but I'm lucky to get three with DH). Ideally, for us, the gap would be two years, only due to our personalities and (in)ability to deal with stress ~ LOL
    But 18 months is great for the kids and they will have such close relationships when they're older.

Hope that answered everything!
    born 2012 two early miscarriages between babies born 2013
    March 2015
    Praying and swaying while for to complete our family!

6. Likes sageviolet liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Jumping in to say, every single girl on my father's side, 5 generations has a scoliosis. I was hoping that it was something IVF/PGD could screen for but unfortunately not. So sorry that you ladies suffer from this. 12 year old cousin's spine is complete rod. She will never grow. I mentioned to her mother that she won't be able to get an epidural when she has her babies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -8 -5 -3

swayed for but expecting another

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all very much for your kind thoughts and words. Still in shock about BFP! AF would have arrived yesterday so I took my temp and sitting high at 98.6! Sure hoping this is a happy, healthy, sticky baby!
    I am feeling sad for some of you who have also been on this journey for sometime now. I hope you get your BFPs in March.
    I'm feeling ify about my sway. We BD 2 nights in a row. Although I'm pretty sure I O'd the evening of 2nd BD. Like before we actually even BD'd. I had all the physical symptoms and chart showed it too the next day. Fx! Just happy to finally be here.
    Best of luck and hope to chat with you in DD group!
    EmJ
    2 blue babes

9. Likes uschi, sageviolet liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Btw, everyone - PLEASE feel free to chime in in response to my Qs to Uschi on p67 if you have any relevant input. I really value hearing about your experiences/choices/thoughts as moms.

XX, wow. You ARE my twin. I almost don't believe you. How is that possible?! I also have two S curves/3 curves total. My top one to the left is 42 degrees, my huge upper thoracic middle curve e right WAS 70-something degrees at age 17, now it is 103 degrees ,my bottom left curve is 24 degrees. I have major rotation about the apex of my big curve; one vertebra is rotated completed, 180 degrees. So I have a big hump on the right side of my back and my left ribs stick out in front. Pain wise my entire upper back aches constantly, my right shoulder is hard as a rock tense, and I have what I call my 'bitch spot', basically a huge swollen trigger point below my ribs. This spot goes crazy if I sit or stand for more than 5 minutes, bc the muscles are constantly spasming.

How much lost height do they estimate for you? I also gave uneven hips & leg length. I am really hoping pregnancy helps my scoliosis bc of how good I felt when I was pregnant in 2012. Your story is very encouraging! I want to do home births, I'll use my own pain meds if need be!

sage, I'm sorry you have it too. I haven't heard of her but I will definitely check it out. Thank you! Great to hear you had a successful home birth. I am planning on cosleeping which hopefully will prevent an issue like you experienced but I'll remember to keep that in mind.

Uschi, that is great to hear about your sister (and hopefully I will have 2 DDs like her!). I had a great chiropractic DH/DW team I saw regularly in college but of the dozens I've tried, only they have been able to successfully adjust me. My extreme muscle tension makes me almost impossible to crack. It is so hard to find a good chiro.

I thought age might be the driving factor for you. I really wanted kids in my 20s but my DH was reluctant despite our prior agreement and then he died. So then I had to start looking for another man. I still haven't found him but I am not willing to wait on kids any longer considering my age. Like you I would really like at least 4, but I know I will have at least 2 then see how I do. I actually wanted even more kids but I don't want to be a really old mom so I think 4 will be my hard max.

Your AF not returning while EBFing DS2 is my big fear/potential obstacle in my planning. But it seems like you are pretty happy with how things worked out which is heartening to hear. If you could be pregnant with G/G twins now, would you choose that? You'd get your 4 kids without getting older...

If I keep striking out TTC naturally I may just go IVF and get a bunch of embies so I know I have babies on hand no matter what.

Completely agree re: BFing! I was BFed until almost 3, my brother was 4 when he weaned. It is a wonderful BFing environment over here.

smarston, while you can have a multiple genes/traits that can predispose you to scoliosis, it isn't a guaranteed genetic condition and can absolutely be prevented with the right environment & lifestyle. So if you're aware and keep an eye on your DD she should be fine. My scoliosis would be extremely mild if I'd been braced but my mother was negligent. It's completely her fault that mine progressed so far in the first place. Also, epidurals aren't that great and there are other pain options. I'm glad I can't have an epi!
    Last edited by maidentomother; February 27th, 2015 at 07:39 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

11. Thanks EmileeJane thanked for this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maiden, I was using an Arm's Reach Co-sleeper and it was because of always reaching to the same side and lifting her. Dh moves around a lot and has accidentally hit me on several occasions, so I didn't feel she would be safe in the bed with us and alternating sides. When she got older and was in her crib in the room that adjoins ours (still very close) I had a twin bed in there and would lay down to feed her during the night, but I could NOT fall asleep with her. It only happened once or twice, even though I was forced to share a bed with her once when we traveled. I think it's because of our lip tie/tongue tie issue and that bfing was so painful at first. Even after it wasn't painful, my body just said this isn't someone you can sleep with! lol I hope things are different next time.
    2011 early m/c, 2012, 7/2015 early m/c, praying for 2016

My Ovulation Chart
    preparing for this since March 2014, mysterious infertility, diagnosed with adrenal fatigue Jan 2016 and now treating

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    I thought age might be the driving factor for you. I really wanted kids in my 20s but my DH was reluctant despite our prior agreement and then he died. So then I had to start looking for another man. I still haven't found him but I am not willing to wait on kids any longer considering my age. Like you I would really like at least 4, but I know I will have at least 2 then see how I do. I actually wanted even more kids but I don't want to be a really old mom so I think 4 will be my hard max.

Your AF not returning while EBFing DS2 is my big fear/potential obstacle in my planning. But it seems like you are pretty happy with how things worked out which is heartening to hear. If you could be pregnant with G/G twins now, would you choose that? You'd get your 4 kids without getting older...

If I keep striking out TTC naturally I may just go IVF and get a bunch of embies so I know I have babies on hand no matter what.

Completely agree re: BFing! I was BFed until almost 3, my brother was 4 when he weaned. It is a wonderful BFing environment over here.
    Yes, kiddos in my 20's was my dream too, but alas.....and absolutely yes about twins! That's been my secret hope even though DH would die! My mom and two of my aunts had twins so I was hoping that either genetically or the increased chance with age would be in my favor. But my Hcg isn't so high that it's suspected.
    I'm quite happy with how things worked out. I really didn't want to cut DS2 short with BF so I was planning on evaluating the situation if AF hadn't appeared once he was a year. I'm glad it didn't come to that. But you're several years younger than me, so I wouldn't worry about it all. If you introduce solids at six months, chances are AF will return within a few months if it hasn't by then. And for your health and sanity, you probably wouldn't want to TTC before that anyway. You have time to have four by 40.
    I just want to cry when I think about you being widowed. I think young widowhood is just one of the most tragic things in the world, especially when the dream of motherhood dies with him. I hope you find DH soon!
    born 2012 two early miscarriages between babies born 2013
    March 2015
    Praying and swaying while for to complete our family!

14. Thanks maidentomother thanked for this post
    Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I knew it. Af arrived today. I'll see you all In March 2ww
    8 12 2014 wishing and praying for a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry eleena! I really hope March is your month! Fingers crossed for you!
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768