Page 19 of 242 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Sept 2WW

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With the history of this pregnancy, I don't see anything drastically changing. My levels are continuing to slow down. It's only a matter of time before they start going the other way. This last set had my doubling time at 112 hours. That's nowhere near normal.

Praying for a sticky 🎀 bean!
    2001, 2/2002, 2003, DS3 2004, 2/2005, 5/2005, 2006
    Tubal Reversal 2015 = 9/2015-8/2018
    IVF Nov 2018 = 8 Retrieved, 6 Fertilized, 3 Blasts, 2 XX!!
    FET 5 Mar 2019: 1st beta: 131.4, 2nd beta: 730, 3rd beta: 2274! born 11/9/19!
    FET #2 10 Dec 2020: 1st beta: 454, 2nd beta: 1048, 3rd beta: 6696! Due Date: Aug 28

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so, so sorry momamia..... I was really praying that yours would be a sticky bean... I hope that you get the answers you need! Love, hugs, & prayers my dear...
    (8) (4)
    Praying & swaying for a
    due March 9th 2016 with a !!!!

Thank you Atomic & Gender Dreaming!

3. Likes momamia4 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Ash!

Praying for a sticky 🎀 bean!
    FET #2 10 Dec 2020: 1st beta: 454, 2nd beta: 1048, 3rd beta: 6696! Due Date: Aug 28

5. Likes Ashforblue liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by momamia4 View Post
    No, I haven't two. Any advice?

Praying for a sticky �� bean!
    Everyone reacts differently but this is my advice/experience.

They day of my D&C I kinda felt raw inside and had a backache. Heat helped some. Honestly, though it wasn't too bad day one because I took it pretty easy that day. After that I went back to normal activity which was a big mistake. I didn't take my pain killers like I was supposed to because they knocked me out and I had kids to take care of and I didn't rest like I was supposed to because I had kids and a house to take care of. After about 2 weeks of the pain getting ever increasingly worse I called the doc and I had to go in and get "yelled at" for not taking it easy, lol. I was told I wasn't allowed to do ANYTHING for 2 weeks. No dishes, no laundry... he even said to get someone to come help with the kids (that part didn't happen, but I did get more stationary in my parenting for a couple weeks). He said I was overdoing it and had never allowed my body time to heal and that was why I was in so much pain. So, for the next 2 weeks I did was I was told and leaned on DH to help with the house work and watched and took care of the kids from a recliner and started taking a pain killer that didn't knock me out. That helped a lot. Almost immediately I started to feel better. So my advice to you is for the first couple weeks post op consider yourself on bed rest. You'll be back to norm much faster that way. Have a heating pad on hand. I used mine more for my back than anything but it did help. Take you pain killers as prescribed. My biggest mistake was going into my D&C thinking of it as less than an actual surgery and therefore I didn't give my body the aftercare, or healing time, I would have with any other surgery. 2 of my good friends have had D&Cs (one before me and one after me) and they both said they felt the same way I did after. Luckily the one after me had asked my advice and took it so she healed pretty quick. The one before me I had never asked advice from because, like I said, I thought of it as more of a procedure than a surgery so I didn't think it warranted asking advise.

Sex was something I really expected not to be affected by my D&C but I was very sensitive... almost felt swollen down there for a few weeks after so keep this in mind and make sure DH knows to start off slow and take his cues from you as to whether you can handle more or if he needs to stop. Make sure you ask your doc how long you need to prevent conception as well. Mine told me I had to wait until after my first PPAF before TTC again.

Your first PPAF will likely hurt like heck, so brace yourself. I read online that a lot of people have this happen and it was certainly the case for me. My first PPAF I had to put myself BACK on "bed rest" because it hurt as bad as it did when I went to the doc after my D&C. Allowing myself to rest helped.

For the most part, if you listen to what your body is trying to tell you instead of ignoring it like I did I think you'll be fine.

Emotionally speaking I felt both better and worse after. I felt better because the preg limbo was over and felt worse because my preg was officially over. It's kinda hard to describe. I hated the limbo. Hated it. It really screwed with my head. After the D&C was over and I woke up I remember, still in an anesthesia haze, I asked if I could see my baby and the nurse said there wasn't much to see. At that moment I realized my baby was officially gone I bawled my eyes out... HARD. But in a big way that was a good thing. I had done my share of crying before the D&C but this time was different. I was actually grieving my loss for the first time, because before then it was all abstract because technically I was still preg. It was kinda cleansing to let it all go finally with nothing in the back of my mind telling me that maybe there was still hope. Maybe the u/s was wrong. Maybe this, maybe that. There were no maybes anymore. So I was finally able to truly grieve... if that makes sense.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask. I don't mind answering them. Hopefully the "book" I just wrote will be helpful for you

Again, so sorry that it played out like this.
    Our family is complete
    My precious babies: 2006 , 2010 2016
    Too beautiful for earth: 2009- (20+5). 2015- (8w), CP, (8w)

Please pardon typos~ Nursing @ keyboard

7. Thanks ImmiNAddi thanked for this post
    Likes momamia4 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Momamia I am so so sorry that this is happening to you. I hope by so miracle they were wrong and the US on Monday shows a healthy baby. Big big hugs.

AFM
    This first AF after my MC sucks. A lot. The other two miscarriages I got pregnant right away (one with another chemical/early loss, one with DD2) so I have never experienced this before. But it really sucks, and we have a BBQ to go to today.

Whine over.
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

9. Likes momamia4 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mommymachine View Post
    Momamia I am so so sorry that this is happening to you. I hope by so miracle they were wrong and the US on Monday shows a healthy baby. Big big hugs.

AFM
    This first AF after my MC sucks. A lot. The other two miscarriages I got pregnant right away (one with another chemical/early loss, one with DD2) so I have never experienced this before. But it really sucks, and we have a BBQ to go to today.

Whine over.
    I'm sorry.
    Last edited by twointow83; August 29th, 2015 at 01:10 PM.
    Our family is complete

11. Likes mommymachine liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hugs momamia xx

Mum to 4 Boys awaiting her Princess

13. Likes momamia4 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Convo with DS #2:

Saw a quilt online we like, but it's just for a boy. I said something to that effect and DS says:
    DS: But we need a baby girl!
    Mom: Would you be mad if we had a baby brother instead of a baby sister?
    DS: Yeah.
    Mom: Why?
    DS: 'Cause baby brother will keep everything to himself!
    Mom: What about a baby sister?
    DS: She will be my friend!
    Mom: So a baby brother won't be your friend?
    DS: Big bubby is my friend.
    Mom: So what will you do if we have a baby bubby?
    DS: I will kick him in the butt!
    Mom: You don't want to do that! That's not nice! You'll make a baby cry if you kick them in the butt!
    DS: But a girl baby won't!
    Mom: Yes, a girl baby will cry if you kick her in the butt, too.
    Dad interjects: So do you want Mommy to have a baby?
    DS: Yeah!!
    Dad: Do you want Mommy to have 2 babies.
    DS: NO!
    Dad: Why?
    DS: We just need ONE baby!
    Dad: So you don't want mommy to have 2 or 3?
    DS: NO! Not 5 or 6 or 7 or any other numbers!
    Dad: So you just want 1?
    DS: Yeah!
    Dad: Why?
    DS: 'Cause we just need 1 baby and 2 kids. That's all. Just 1 baby and 2 kids!

So DS#2 say we can only have ONE girl, no boys, and ONLY one!
    Our family is complete

15. Likes Pbn3, momamia4, mommymachine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry momamia

17. Likes momamia4 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies! My RE's office made it sound like I should be going in there for the d&c. When I said confronted her on it, the nurse acted like she claimed I should do what I feel the most comfortable with. Then she told me that if I go through my RE, I won't be able to get it done on Tuesday because he'd have to see me first. So, it would probably take at least a week or more to schedule it. That is after my kids are back in school and I really don't want to have to deal with this right when the kids start school. She also said that my hcg will need to be followed by whoever does the d&c and acted like I wouldn't be able to have my RE's office do that if I go to the hospital to have the d&c. Wtf?! Why is she making this so hard on me? I told her that the d&c was never offered or even suggested this whole 2 weeks and that I haven't even seen my RE through all of this. I think I am going to just go to my regular OB and screw my stupid RE. Their office is seriously pissing me off. I've never experienced such horrible bedside manner from a nurse before in my life.

Page 19 of 242 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast