Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think this month is already a bust. I am ovulating today (OPK just turned positive, rather) and I wanted our attempt to be the day before I got a positive OPK, as that is when I got pregnant in June (chemical). So, I'm assuming that is the magical day.

My husband and I tried to get in an attempt today before he went to work, but our son just won't let us. He's in our faces all the time, he never naps and when he finally decides to sleep, we're exhausted, so we sleep too. Sigh.

I really think trying later won't even work out, but, even if it did, I think it's pointless because I am pretty sure we missed the prime day.

Looking on the bright side, at least I will have most of August to do a better sway!

But, I'm starting to feel like I don't even want a second child at all 😔

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    DS 1 Born August 2013
    DS 2 (Due May 15th, 2017)

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. Hubs and I finally got an attempt in...
    Now I am not sure if we should go ahead and do another attempt tomorrow or not.
    I have been pretty solid with my sway for the past month, so I wonder if 2 attempts would still keep me in the running...

DS 1 Born August 2013
    DS 2 (Due May 15th, 2017)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lissa I say that has to be your choice I know two times at positive OPK is more of a boy tactic but you also can't get pregnant at all if you miss the window... Maybe have DH release before hand to lower his sperm count and then Get in another attempt? But I think for a pink sway others will chime in and say one attempt once the OPK is positive is good for pink however you are more likely to get pregnant, period, with one more attempt I believe
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

My heart is full and my family is complete, even if i never got my son.

4. Thanks Lissastick thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmmm cd15 and still no positive opk. Have had very faint second line on strip all month though!

Need advice!
    Should I change my blood test on cd21 to check progesterone levels until 7 days after I do get a positive opk? Or just keep it at cd21?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    (2010)

(2013)

(2017)

Surprise due (2020)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Right need advice cd 14, clear blue fertility monitor registered high since yesterday but I used the clear blue digital ovulation predictor and both days got an empty circle. We attempted Monday morning, my plan was to attempt tonight but think I should leave it until tomorrow? Am worried I will get a positive OPK on Sat or Sunday and I don't think my husbands swimmers hang around. I dont know if an attempt tonight would be splitting the difference anyway? To bd tonight or tomorrow morning or tomorrow evening? Suppose am just concerned about this attempt been too far from o but then having a panic and attempting again in fertile window?
    Jen am in same boat but because I am not sure when am ovulating these days am sticking with getting bloods taken at cd 20, 21 is a Saturday here. In June I ovulated on cd 21, but gp and I will maybe just have to try and make sense of the findings in light of what I will know about my cycle at that time, temperature profile, ovulation signs etc, good luck!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XXforhubby View Post
    Hahaha! I will test about 7-10 days from now. FF finally gave me crosshairs and while my temps are pretty high, I do agree with FF on when I ovulated.

I need to vent ladies. Things are pretty stressful right now, and I'm not sure of anything at the moment. We move into our new house a week from now, and we are meeting with a Realtor to sell our current house. We need to finish packing and get it ready to show. My DH started back at work (he's a school Principal). He's become very vocal recently that he's stressed about the kids we have and doesn't want anymore. I finally told him today how I feel, which is that I listen to him vent but it's not reciprocated. I'm trying to come his way and come to a place where I am at peace with the children we have. I just feel like someone is missing. It sucks because my husband gives off vibes that he doesn't like our 8 month old and that breaks my heart! I don't want that for my sweet baby yet alone another. I regret having children with him- how he's acting. I'm not sure what this means for us, and I don't think we are going to TTC in the future. He sends me mixed messages. He says all this negative stuff, yet he always initiates unprotected sex with me and mentions a 4th all the time. He's obviously conflicted and puts TTCing at an impasse. If I am pregnant, well I will wait to tell him. I don't feel like I'll end up with a BFP, and I'm mostly ok with that.

Please pray for me and my children. My DH is not in a good place right now.

DS1, DS2 , & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart
    Glad you and DH sorted stuff out. I find with my dh that he is so much more influenced by factors on a day to day basis. I seem to be able now I have made the decision to have another baby, to hold that steady despite what is happening on a daily basis. If the children are ill or my dh is stressed he seems more likely to make comments like he is not sure he can cope with another. I find that frustrating as I feel that am putting myself out more, that should be the case as it is me that wants another. In your case your doing this in part for hubby, that would irritate me, glad you have come to a resolution!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissastick View Post
    I have been pretty solid with my sway for the past month, so I wonder if 2 attempts would still keep me in the running...

Such a tricky one, though I think I will be in a similar situation. The difference between us is you have conceived recently, that would suggest to be that your highly fertile, therefore may be best to stick with one attempt. Also you had a cp recently, that sways pink, though so it might be wise to up your attempts to capitalise in that sway tactic. However, I don't know how long that acts as a sway? Is it only the first cycle after a loss? For my part I have failed to conceive the past two months despite well timed attempts, so I might add attempts to increase my chances. I am also having blood test at cd 21 to check I am ovulating so it might be prudent to wait for the outcome of that and add attempts next month! Good luck, x

9. Thanks Lissastick thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jennypenny View Post
    Hmmmm cd15 and still no positive opk. Have had very faint second line on strip all month though!

Need advice!
    Should I change my blood test on cd21 to check progesterone levels until 7 days after I do get a positive opk? Or just keep it at cd21?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    Jenny IMO I'd change appointment and make it once you get a pos opk to 8 days later. The cd21 test is based on an 'average o' at cd14 (or 28 day cycle) and when progesterone reading should peak (between 6-8 days after o I believe). If, for example, you o two days before test then the reading will be inaccurate.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Pbn3; July 29th, 2016 at 05:10 AM.

11. Likes jennypenny liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissastick View Post

This pregnancy and my one last year were both from attempts at OPK+ so it is possible. I would probably leave it with the 1 attempt unless you have been trying a long time.

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

13. Likes Lissastick liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    goodluck everyone! Im CD17 today & I think I will get a positive OPK tomorrow for our first attempt. XXforhubby, I was still breastfeeding my toddler 3 times a day thought out my second pregnancy & I am hoping to do the same this time around. There are some great tandem feeding facebook support groups that I highly recommend if you get you BFP.
    mummy to 10yrs & 8yrs. 7weeks dec 2016 4yrs.
    After 2 failed sways we are going high tech

May 2019 IVF1 4 follicle, 4 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 5
    JUly 2019 IVF2 8 follicles, 3 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 6 frozen & waiting for us
    our precious was a failed FET .
    IVF3 1 day 5
    2020 COVID halts our plans & we cant travel
    2021 6 more egg collections yeild 17eggs in total. Frozen gametes shipped to clinic & 16 survive the thaw & only 3 fertilised. None to test on day 5

Jan 2022 this wasnt the plan.......
    Feb 2022 stopped growing & left me at 8weeks

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast