Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As up and down as your charts are, I would not put a lot of stock into dips. you seem to be getting big dips fairly regularly and I think you need to go off the OPK instead of your temp dip given the history of having numerous dips per cycle. I am also completely unconvinced that the O as marked by your app you're using is at all correct since the temp rises are really only occuring what your app has marked as 3-5 days past ovulation. so please use the OPK from now on and not that app.

What kind of thermometer are you using? Does it go to the hundredths place or only to tenths of degrees?

I am not even sure that given your most recent chart, that you have even ovulated yet. I would def. still continue having attempts even if just every other day for a while.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by babybluedreamer View Post
    okay thank you
    in terms of frequency - how far apart shall we space DTD on the OPK positive day? my OH is away from 12 pm until..god only knows as he is on a batchelor party on my positive OPK day that night. So I could DTD that morning and again maybe 12 pm, but after that I will proably have to leave it. I am just worried as I thought if we just DTD once on that day that it would be swaying PINK? i thought DTD once every day is pink?!

-= I have been trying to track BBT also, and I know that O is most often between the lowest and the highest of the cycle.
    my cycles are funny, but I always get a positive OPK with FMU the day after my temp drops, and on on the same day that my temperature spikes which would make it seem as though I "o" on the day that it spikes.
    howver, then the two days after the positive OPK, it rises a bit further each day... so its difficult to tell!

on the basis of your advice, i will go for DTD the day BEFORE the dip and the day before the FMU positive OPK (day 19) (bearing in mind I may get a positive OPK during the day of day 20 if i didnt drink so much water during the day)then skip Day 20 , DTD twice on day 21 (day of FMU OPK) and again dtd day 22.

thank you again - you are such a help xxxxxx I CANT WAIT TO TELL YOU THIS HAS ALL BEEN A WONDERFUL BLUE SUCCESS!!!
    So having looked at your charts, I think you're having attempts too EARLY not too late. I think you need to stop using that particular app and start using Fertility Friend instead, and then additionally you may need a better quality thermometer.

Your temps are really wild and crazy. I would even consider trying temping at night instead of the morning because I don't think your temping is giving you good quality info. Just pick a time of the day (same time every day) when you haven't recently eaten or drunk anything and haven't been active. The temp pattern is not as obvious as morning temping - but your temping is not working out well anyway.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you.

oh goodness i am really a bit panicked.... I thought that I must be Ovulating around day 21 given there is a sharp drop and rise, and given that its around the same time as my CM changing to a bit more EWCM (albeit for a day at best) and i got a postive OPK on day 21.

ok so im using a digital BBT thermometer, first thing in my mouth (between 5.30-6.30 am every day), before i have moved eaten drunk etc.
    I got a positive OPK this morning with FMU, and with a cheapie opk, and also thorughout the day, and at 6 pm with another clear blue digital (not advanced). WE DTD two days ago, yesterday eve and tonight.
    Should we DTD tomorrow morning as well? I thought that would hit O - I thought that I must O 24-36 hours post my first positive opk this morning, so DTD tomorrow morning should increase my chance of conceiving a BOY (not just conceiving....)
    but If I O a LOT later - should i keep DTD every day for a few extra days? will this reduce sperm count to DTD every day from Wednesday through until Monday?

Also - if I DTD in the morning is it better for a boy sway? I really want to give this boy sway the best chance. ...

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to add also - when you say i am trying too late, in case helpful - we did get pregnant last month when we DTD on day 21 when we got the opk, and the day after the opk, and then i stopped as my CM changed a bit creamy (I wasn't up to speed on your essays on shettles as I am now, so was following shettles). That month we did have a chemical though

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes but look, a little later in the month (in the time your app has listed as 3-4-5 days after o) see how there is another BIG rise and it is much higher? I think you are not ovulating during the time the app is showing as the "green" times but several days after that.

Yes I want you to DTD tomorrow morning (yikes that is THIS morning, sorry, hope you aren't seeing this too late) and TONIGHT definitely. Then just for fun, let's go ahead and BD again the next day, morning and night if you can. Then after that, let's DTD every other day just to keep things covered.

We don't know if BD in the morning makes any difference. the morning BD is NOT because it sways, just because it's an easy way to be in with another attempt in the fertile window. I got my boys with night BD!

yes the OPK is more reliable (BY FAR) than that app. I don't think that's a good app to be honest. Very misleading.

Creamy CM is not as helpful as people make it out to be. This is because CM going creamy is caused by hormones and NOT ovulation itself, so it's totally possible to have your CM either dry up BEFORE O (many of us observe drier CM on O-1 and O Day, very common) OR for you to have a fake surge that doesn't end in conception, and then your CM dries up because your hormones will change, but then you'll get another burst of hormones and in turn EWCM with actual ovulation a few days/weeks later. So I suggest always having sex every other day or so until you are 100% sure you have actually ovulated.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you.
    Well we DTD today at around 9.30 a.m., but my OH is on a batchelor tonight and not back until tomorrow mid day, so at best we could do it tomorrow at around 3 pm.

Should we do it tomorrow evening as well?
    or Monday evening, Tues Evening, WEdnesday evening?

My OPK seems maybe slightly lighter on the "positive" line, but hardly. I did put my data in to FF and once I had added in my OPK results, it said I would O around day 20 - 21... however if TEMP is anything to go by my temp dropped 0.06 degreed farenheit this morning which would indicate it hasn't yet happend...

maybe worth mentioning, i have been full of COLD this month and not able to breathe only through my nose when taking temp the last two days...

last month my opk was day of "a" rise (whether it is THE rise who knows), and then my temp rose for 3 more days but then dipped on day 24. Perhaps it was implanataion dip (if that exists?) because i did conceive that month but mc at 5.5 weeks or so.

I am so confused!!! I leave for work super early on Mon, Tues and Weds mornings (which will be my days 23-25, so really hard to DTD in te morning on those days, but i could in the eve except on weds eve my oh goes out that eve

I WISH we could DTD tonight

I have tried so SO hard, fighting weight concerns to get this to be a succesful boy sway. I feel panicked that this could fail x

on CM I have

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just an update...OH came back from batchelor party late. just a 3 pm this afternoon and in no mood to DTD. I am devastated.... we havent DTD since yesterday at 9.30 a.m. we had a row... maybe its the incresaed testosterone in my system LOL (has to be an upside at least surely...!) and not sure will get him round to DTD this eve. I leave for work at 5 tomorrow in the m orning so i wont be able to dtd again until tomorrow eve. so we will have totally skipped today. Would this ruin the boy sway? my CM has gone 80 % creamy....

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by babybluedreamer View Post
    Just an update...OH came back from batchelor party late. just a 3 pm this afternoon and in no mood to DTD. I am devastated.... we havent DTD since yesterday at 9.30 a.m. we had a row... maybe its the incresaed testosterone in my system LOL (has to be an upside at least surely...!) and not sure will get him round to DTD this eve. I leave for work at 5 tomorrow in the m orning so i wont be able to dtd again until tomorrow eve. so we will have totally skipped today. Would this ruin the boy sway? my CM has gone 80 % creamy....
    Please don't get upset, just BD when you can. We aim at having a lot of attempts, and that way when something goes wrong, which it always does, then you're able to still have more attempts than you might have otherwise!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yes being sick can absolutely mess with your temps even without the stuffy nose issue!

Just BD when you can. Sometimes O can be delayed when you're sick.

The good news is, feeling very uptight about your sway is associated with more boys conceived, so that may actually be benefitting you.

Can you post the latest chart for me to look at?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm just copying this so I can more easily look at it on this page

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast