Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I am aware of how miscarriages work... I feel as if vitex did have a play in the carrying out of a healthy pregnancy as I had researched a lot before using it because I was already worried when reading others issues with it, and I know you had said you miscarried twins after use of vitex.
    And yes I had 1-2 cups per day of Crystal light only started using that about a week before our bd.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But yes luckily I miscarried earlier on not later. Thank you for your quick response I appreciate it.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really, really don't think Vitex is to blame. I've never observed an increased MC rate with its use. Unfortunately early losses are VERY common and 99% of the time due to chromosomal/mitochondrial problems beyond your control.

I'm sorry for your loss. At least it will sway pink, and now you can do a stronger sway (more time on diet/just one BD attempt). Fx you conceive a rainbow baby soon!

FYI, twin pregnancies are more likely to miscarry in the first place.
    Last edited by maidentomother; March 1st, 2015 at 07:42 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry for your loss. I had three healthy pregnancies and then suffered 2 miscarriages...i never thought it would happen to me. It made me so angry but it happens and nobody is exempt. If the vitex makes you uncomfortable i would drop it. I dropped all things like that because even though deep down i knew it didnt cause my losses it still made me feel better to make those changes. Good luck with your future ttc and pregnancy!
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I understand it may not have been the vitex, but yes I am choosing not to use that route again. (I read that what could happen is that the Fertilaid/Vitex regulates hormones and allows the environment to get pregnant and when you stop taking them completely the hormones crash causing the miscarriage.)
    I may also wait until I have stopped breastfeeding until we try again- because this may have been another factor. Or not bother with a sway at all.
    As far as 1 bd attempt we didn't conceive for the past 9 mos. doing cut offs so this is why we chose to BD from AF to O.
    Oh well it is sad and just dealing with it for now.... Thank you Rosie I truly appreciate it.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We don't recommend cut offs on here at all. Just one WELL TIMED attempt, ideally 1-2 days before O (when odds of conception are highest). Usually by BDing within 12 hours of your first positive OPK will achieve this ideal timing.
    Last edited by maidentomother; March 2nd, 2015 at 09:02 AM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry for your loss Trib.. I wish you the best for your future attempts no matter which path you decide to take xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2011, 2013 and due in Dec 2015 - thank you ATOMIC!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tribtrib3 View Post
    Yes I am aware of how miscarriages work... I feel as if vitex did have a play in the carrying out of a healthy pregnancy as I had researched a lot before using it because I was already worried when reading others issues with it, and I know you had said you miscarried twins after use of vitex.
    And yes I had 1-2 cups per day of Crystal light only started using that about a week before our bd.
    Um, no, I did not say that, I lost a twin which was implanted directly onto my cervix (higher rate of miscarriage) and I was also 39 (also higher rate of miscarriage) and thought I had AF, and took vitex for 2 weeks while I was still pregnant with my remaining twin. He is perfectly fine and safe despite me taking vitex when pregnant with him and dropping it suddenly. I was not taking vitex when I lost the other baby, I had taken it prior to ovulation and then stopped it before I was ever pg.

I do not have people take vitex when they are or may be pregnant simply because I do not feel I have enough knowledge to have people do so safely.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; March 2nd, 2015 at 10:37 AM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tribtrib3 View Post
    Yes I understand it may not have been the vitex, but yes I am choosing not to use that route again. (I read that what could happen is that the Fertilaid/Vitex regulates hormones and allows the environment to get pregnant and when you stop taking them completely the hormones crash causing the miscarriage.)
    I may also wait until I have stopped breastfeeding until we try again- because this may have been another factor. Or not bother with a sway at all.
    As far as 1 bd attempt we didn't conceive for the past 9 mos. doing cut offs so this is why we chose to BD from AF to O.
    Oh well it is sad and just dealing with it for now.... Thank you Rosie I truly appreciate it.
    I am so sorry for your loss and please I do not mean to add insult to injury, there is just a lot of misinformation in this post that I need to address because I want you to be able to get successfuly pregnant with your best chance of a girl.

I am perfectly fine with you not taking the vitex. I just need to keep the information on here as accurate as possible and I would NEVER EVER use vitex if I felt it was causing miscarriages.

If you stop vitex at ovulation, that should not cause a hormone "crash" because that is when your body stops making estrogen and starts making progesterone naturally. Hormones "crash" at that point because they are designed to. So, while I reiterate I am not trying to convince you to continue with vitex (and I do not think it's getting good results anyway) I do not think that vitex contributed to your loss and i am trying to put your mind at ease so you do not feel responsible (because you aren't.)

Breastfeeding does not cause miscarriage.

It is a huge step in the wrong direction to go on 9 months doing a cutoff which doesn't sway and has been totally debunked, only to drop one attempt and decide you're not going to sway any more. I think you're much better off dropping ALL other sway tactics while keeping one attempt - including vitex becasue some people have not gotten pg on that.

But, it's your sway, your way.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't gone into detail as to what we did-I merely posted this months sway.
    I am in no way trying to veer others to feel the way I do. All I was doing is pointing out what I had read, and that I was weary with the use of vitex in the first place. I understand I must have mis-read your experience, and I am sorry I was not intending to upset or start any sort of argument.
    Breastfeeding causes the uterus to contract, and my doctor did say that could have been a contributor.
    The point of coming to genderdreaming is for support, and to ask questions and talk about feelings openly.... At least that is what I had taken from originally using this site.
    Again it is my personal feeling- as I am just speaking of my experience and asking questions, and wanting support after a loss.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast