Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Embarrassed Kitty0911 Girl Sway

I got a BFP this morning at 11 DPO. I know I'm still in the early days, but thought I'd write this all down. I was surprised to get a BFP on my first cycle TTC, especially swaying girl. I guess time will tell.

TTC a Girl Sway Attempt

Gender Result:

DW Age:

DH Age:

Current Children's Gender(s)

2 boys (4 and 18 months)

Number of Months TTC

Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?

No

DIET

Did you follow a diet plan?

Yes

If yes to diet, which one did you most follow?

LE (Low Everything)

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-

I didn't do the diet as well as I thought I could. I was only on the diet 6.5 weeks. For the first 4 weeks I ate 3 meals a day about 5 hours apart or more (ate breakfast 5 hours after waking). The last 2.5 weeks I ate two meals a day with at least 7 hours between them (a few days I only remembered to eat once). I had quite a few cheat days where I either went over the limit on calories, fats, or proteins or I ate my meals closer together than I probably should have.

I ate noodles, rice, and poptarts and didn't really eat much else besides the occasional smoothie or fruit. I probably kept my diet a little too simple, but I would have cheated way more if I had given myself too many choices.

I ate loads of salt (because the food was so bland). I usually steer clear of adding salt to anything (even if a recipe requires it). I also consumed TONS of caffeine. I had found many articles talking about testosterone being very low in woman who consumed at least 300mg a day. So I drank about 3 mtn. dew (54mg./ea.) a day, plus a very strong cup of coffee each morning (probably had about 200mg. caf.) There were a few days I would eat milk chocolate covered coffee beans instead of poptarts to try to up my caffeine intake.

I drank maybe two glasses of wine in those 6.5 weeks. I drank another glass during my 2ww to help with implantation.

If diet was used, length of time before attempt?

6 weeks. Switched cold turkey and did three meals for 4 weeks, and 1-2 meals for the last 2.5weeks.

Did you skip breakfast regularly?

Yes

Did DH change his diet with you?

No

Comments regarding DH's diet-

Hubby thinks swaying is "going against God's will" so he didn't change his diet. He smokes, and
    drinks tons of mtn. dew. He works out (he is in the military) daily. He also drinks a lot of alcohol (1-2 drinks a night and sometimes up to 8 on the weekends). He eats a lot of take out.

DId you consume alcohol?

Yep, two glasses of red wine about three weeks apart and the glass of wine I had at 7dpo.

DId you try to limit caffeine?

Nope. I went from zero to 300-500mg. a day (I thought that would stop me from conceiving for sure)

Any Diet Details?

I would drink a strong, plain, iced coffee (can't stand warm drinks) with a spoonful of fiber powder and two drops of iodine (150mcg) shortly after waking up. I would usually eat breakfast at noon. I would have two poptarts (I ate the smore ones). For "lunch" (5-6pm) I would have angel hair pasta with butter, salt, and parmesan/romano grated cheese. And then "supper" (10-11pm) would either be rice with salt, pepper and butter or noodles again. Sometimes I would eat a peach or banana (especially when I would get cramps) or I'd drink a smoothie.

I didn't really watch my vitamin intake so their is a good chance I got too low on the potassium (especially with all the chest cramps I'd get). I'd treat the symptom with a high potassium fruit/drink. Probably wasn't smart of me :/

WEIGHT AND EXERCISE

What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?

5'7" and 108lbs. BMI-16.91

Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?

I did not exercise other than the daily chores of the usual housewife/SAHM. I lost 8 pounds in those 6 weeks and was still 4 pounds heavier than I was when I conceived DS1.

THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO

pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known

-

Any VG potions used?

None

CM pH at attempt

don't know

DH pH

don't know

How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?

One.

BD Dates according to Ovulation

Day of Ovulation (was temping and using opks)

Any additional comments?

Hubby was pretty tired that week so we hadn't DTD for about 5 days. We got one attempt in and he was gone for a week after for work.

THE DEED INFO

DH Info about Swimmers

Accidentally abstained for 5 days b-4 attempt.

BD Position

Spooning

Did you Jump and Dump?

Yep, it was in the afternoon and I had to get back to the kids.

Any relevant attempt details?

No big O. I had very little, tacky cm. I usually have loads of EWCM so that was very different.

SUPPLEMENTS USED

DW Supplements

-Vitex
    -Baby Aspirin
    -Iodine
    -Zyrtec

DH Supplements

None (not even a daily vitamin)

Any additional supplement info?

I took three Vitex a day through my first month and then up to CD14 (o'd on CD17). I only took one baby aspirin a week. My doctor told me the affects can last up to 10 days and with how easily I bruise I had to keep it to a minimum. I took 2 drops of iodine (150mcg) a day even though I was taking in a lot of salt (probably not the best thing to do). I took Zyrtec CD10-Cd17 (I didn't realize I would O that day or else I would have skipped it)

Did you do anything with Ions?

No

Moon Phase during conception?

Not sure

Did you use any Old Wives Tales?

No

Things that make me feel great about my sway:

Losing 8lbs and having my cervical mucous be next to none.

Things that make me nervous about my sway:

Only being on the diet 6.5 weeks. Conceiving in the first month (I conceived both boys and the one I miscarried the first month TTC). I wanted to use less sleep as a way to lower testosterone, but I ended up getting 7 hours of sleep each night (I was always exhausted). I obsessed about everything (NOT swaying, but schedules, meal planning, homeschool).

Things worth mentioning:

This cycle was so different than any of my previous ones. I usually get about 5 + opks and I only got 1 on the day I ovulated (the one from the day b-4 was almost positive). I tempted with only this cycle so I would know when I ovulated. I also don't ovulate until CD23 (going off of EWCM switching to creamy cm and opks) I don't know if I've just been wrong with when I ovulate or if the Vitex made my cycle shorter?

I am also already experiencing morning sickness. I've had it since 9dpo. I didn't get it with my boys until 6 weeks. I'm blaming the lack of nutrition in my diet. I'm hoping since it came early it'll leave early (I had morning sickness with my boys until 16 weeks )

I'm pretty sure this will be my third boy. Hopefully I'll be able to come to terms with it soon so when I find out I don't end up crying at the u/s (like last time :/)
    Last edited by Kitty0911; October 31st, 2013 at 01:27 PM.

2011 Failed IG sway

2014 Failed GD sway

August 2015

Whoops DUE February 28th 2017 with a BOY! Didn't get a chance to sway for another girl, but this little guy really wanted to be apart of our family. We love him already!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    congrats, fab sway!! you worked hard praying pink for you...

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, Dollydot!

2011 Failed IG sway

2014 Failed GD sway

August 2015

Whoops DUE February 28th 2017 with a BOY! Didn't get a chance to sway for another girl, but this little guy really wanted to be apart of our family. We love him already!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats ! Hope u get ur girl

DS1 2010
    DS2 2012
    DS3 January 2020 - endometriosis - DH low motility

Due Date 23.08.2021

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your caffeine intake was very high ! How much servings did u have a day?

DS1 2010
    DS2 2012

Due Date 23.08.2021

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Onebigwish. I usually got 300-500mg. It was closer to 300mg/day though: three mtn. dews and two cups of coffee. One of those chocolate covered coffee beans has 7mg of caffeine so on the days I ate those I got closer to the 500mg mark.

2011 Failed IG sway

2014 Failed GD sway

August 2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The mountain dews i searched for them but i cant buy them in europe (the one with aspartaam+cafeine)

DS1 2010
    DS2 2012

Due Date 23.08.2021

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great sway! Congrats on your bfp and I hope you have a daughter on board x
    two gorgeous boys

And a beautiful little girl

Our sway worked!!!
    Thanks atomic and all at GD X

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Funkyfry

2011 Failed IG sway

2014 Failed GD sway

August 2015