TTC a Girl Sway Attempt
    Gender Result:
    Unknown
    DW Age:
    DH Age:
    Current Children's Gender(s)
    boy (22 months)
    Number of Months TTC
    Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
    Yes
    DIET
    Did you follow a diet plan?
    Yes
    If yes to diet, which one did you most follow?
    • LE(Low Everything)

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
    I started off the diet in April eating "empty" carbs (soda, candy, cookies), but found I wasn't dropping weight (maybe I had a touch of insulin resistance?) and eventually did a hybrid of the PCOS style diet/regular LE diet. I ate ~1500 calories a day, 40-45 grams of protein, 25-30% fat. I ate white carbs (white rice, white pasta, white bread), low fat cheese, fruits, veggies, but no "empty" sugar like candy, desserts, sodas, etc. I ate tons of empty calories in the form of alcohol, 2 drinks (wine or cocktail) daily! I ate lots of Amy's organic frozen low fat vegetarian entrees (low in fats and all fats in them are omega 6), low fat pasta dishes, quesadillas with low fat cheese, etc. I was very good on the diet 80% of the time. I had 1-2 cheat meals every week. I ate very little meat, very little eggs, but I still ate potatoes, avocados, tomatoes, garlic, spinach etc in small quantities as long as they fit in my LE limits for the day. I ate 2 meals per day most days and was always STARVING before eating. I normally try to eat consistently to keep my blood sugar up, but I definitely let my blood sugar drop very low on this diet. I didn't watch sodium at all. I didn't salt my food at all during the 4 months, but I often ate processed food that had sodium in it.
    If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
    16 weeks
    Did you skip breakfast regularly?
    Yes
    Did DH change his diet with you?
    Yes
    Comments regarding DH's diet-
    He's normally a huge meat eater, but from CD1-CD10 the cycle I conceived we were both very ill and eating very little food. He only ate potatoes and toast pretty much during that time. TMI - his normal high sex drive went to zero from not eating any meat for 2 weeks.
    DId you consume alcohol?
    • Often- daily

DId you try to limit caffeine?
    No, I drink caffeine regularly
    Any Diet Details?
    I had 2 alcoholic drinks daily, and 2-3 servings of caffeine daily.
    Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
    We were on vacation from 7 dpo-12 dpo the prior month (CD20-CD25). I very loosely followed LE during this time (no snacking, some fish here and there but hardly any meat, etc). I skipped 3 days of exercise as well. I normally gain a few pounds when I travel from over indulging, but I held my weight steady this trip so I don't think I went off plan too badly.
    WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
    What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
    When I started in April I was 151 (23.6 BMI), I lost 27 lbs and got down to 124 (19.6 BMI). This is my lowest weight since I was 18 years old.
    Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
    With the exception of my vacation (see above), I was perfect with the cardio. I started off with 30 minutes daily in April, but from May-August I did 60 minutes, 7 days a week of running. I always did my running on a nearly empty stomach (after only coffee + a splash of coffeemate). I had read that if you do cardio after a long fast you break down muscle sooner.

I lost 7 lbs from AF - our attempt (in 12 days), so I feel good about that.
    THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
    pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
    N/A
    Any VG potions used?
    • NO

CM pH at attempt
    no clue
    DH pH
    no clue
    How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
    BD Dates according to Ovulation
    • 2 Days Before O

Any additional comments?
    We did every 4 days and didn't track or think about anything. I didn't temp or stress at all. I'm guessing at when I ovulated, so I think our attempts fell at O-2 and O+2, but I could be off by a day.
    THE DEED INFO
    DH Info about Swimmers
    • BD every few days

BD Position
    Multiple
    Did you Jump and Dump?
    • Yes

Any relevant attempt details?
    Hot bath for DH and DW prior.
    SUPPLEMENTS USED
    DW Supplements
    • folic acid

DH Supplements
    -
    Any additional supplement info?
    DH took OLE. We both drank maybe 4-5 glasses each of peppermint tea between AF-O this cycle (not enough to matter).
    Did you do anything with Ions?
    No. We had thunderstorms every day the week of my conception. I think that's ion related but I really have no idea.
    Moon Phase during conception?
    New Moon
    Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
    nope
    Things that make me feel great about my sway:
    I did the cardio so consistently and for so long. I lost a lot of weight (and a lot this cycle). I was very sick from CD1-CD10 (probably too early to count, but I can hope!). I wasn't tracking using MFP, temping, or using OPKs and I felt very relaxed and "in the moment" this cycle. I quit caring as much about anything and felt like the diet was changing me quite a bit.
    Things that make me nervous about my sway:
    The 5 days off strict LE I took the prior cycle for my vacation, the 3 days off cardio. I was going to skip this cycle but the illness and DH's willingness to do LE with me for this cycle made me feel like we should attempt.
    Things worth mentioning:
    I very much feel this is DS2 and I'm currently thrilled with the prospect of being an all boy mom. I don't regret swaying at all (even though it probably failed) because I lost so much weight and found out I truly love running and cardio. I hope to run daily during my pregnancy and keep up my new healthy lifestyle. Thanks to atomic (and all the ladies of this forum) for putting up with my crazy Martha-ness during this! I learned so much and at this time I'm very much at peace with whatever the outcome is.
    Last edited by bluebonnet22; August 23rd, 2014 at 08:17 AM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yay for a great sway! Good luck!
    Enjoying life with my crazy little DS1 2010: and DS2 2012:
    Jan 15- Loss sway baby 12 wks
    It's a boy!
    My Chart

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats bluebonnet . That's a fab sway! Hope you get your little pink bundle xxx
    Very blessed with

Due 24th March 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What an amazing sway! I am surprised you aren't more optimistic - but I do understand wanting to protect yourself mentally. Congrats on the BFP

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Huge congrats and best of luck!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats bluebonnet!

I think your sway is fantastic!!! I hope you have a healthy baby and many wishes this is your DD.
    May you have an uneventfull pregnancy and easy delivery!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I went in and updated a couple of things - more details about my running and I had miscalculated my weight loss, oops. Thanks for all the support ladies - I love this site!
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations! Your sway looks great!!! Cant wait to read an update!
    8/06 DS, 4/11 DS, 6/13 DS, Swayed for a GIRL & am expecting TWINS!! A & A EDD 8/15

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bluebonnet, honey that's an amazing sway!!!! You have a very good chance of hearing pink , so glad we are in the same due date group x
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck.
    Proud mom of 3 lovely young ladies praying and swaying for a

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast