Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I couldn't. Hell I dont think I am going to allow the tech to say the gender during the scan. Take the picture label it and stick it in an envelope that way I can go home and have my own reaction without worrying what he/she is going to think of me if I end up disappointed. I will need the extra time to get over myself and be able to focus solely on caring for a new baby and not moping with GD.
    Apr 2012 June 2015

Our family is complete!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, interesting to see the other side! We only have 1 child and were team green. I've been wondering about finding out next time, but I don't know yet. I just want to add that being team green with #1 was so great. I wanted to get neutral supplies so I could reuse things either way. I liked being able to connect to my baby in utero with no judgements or ideas, just to love it for existing. When the baby was born, it was laid on my chest and we sang Happy Birthday without knowing who we were singing to (we had both names picked out). I just needed that minute to recover after a natural birth. Then I lifted the baby up so we could see, and dh was behind me, like I was half laying on him, so we looked and found out at the same time, then he announced the gender to the room. It was so amazing. I wouldn't trade that experience for anything. I like to think not knowing will help motivate me through labor. Just having given birth and having a sweet newborn to hold, how could I feel disappointed? If I find out next time, it will be because of curiosity, not gd because I still feel I would be happy with either.
    2011 early m/c, 2012, 7/2015 early m/c, praying for 2016

My Ovulation Chart
    preparing for this since March 2014, mysterious infertility, diagnosed with adrenal fatigue Jan 2016 and now treating

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very well put Sageviolet!
    Proud mom of 3 lovely young ladies praying and swaying for a

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sageviolet View Post
    Wow, interesting to see the other side! We only have 1 child and were team green. I've been wondering about finding out next time, but I don't know yet. I just want to add that being team green with #1 was so great. I wanted to get neutral supplies so I could reuse things either way. I liked being able to connect to my baby in utero with no judgements or ideas, just to love it for existing. When the baby was born, it was laid on my chest and we sang Happy Birthday without knowing who we were singing to (we had both names picked out). I just needed that minute to recover after a natural birth. Then I lifted the baby up so we could see, and dh was behind me, like I was half laying on him, so we looked and found out at the same time, then he announced the gender to the room. It was so amazing. I wouldn't trade that experience for anything. I like to think not knowing will help motivate me through labor. Just having given birth and having a sweet newborn to hold, how could I feel disappointed? If I find out next time, it will be because of curiosity, not gd because I still feel I would be happy with either.
    If you will be happy with either, then I agree totally with everything you say. I was TEam Green with both my first and second sons and even tho I had the minorest hope for a girl with DS 2 I rem. looking down and seeing he was a boy and being overjoyed! (he is my specialest special special kiddo too and would never trade him for 10 zillion girls) It is super special but you have to be really really sure you're gonna be ok either way.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would love to get the surprise at birth but if I'm honest I'm not sure I could cope with the anticipation!
    I also don't think DH could cope with me and the "what do you thinks"
    Prayed and swayed Boy . . .
    Blessed with a beautiful Girl
    Thank You God

"Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed. Each of us is loved. Each of us is necessary."

Pope Benedict XVI

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay I think you just made me sure of my decision! I was wavering about staying team green Ignorance is bliss!! But I had a lot of girl guesses at my 13 week scan and my hopes are up a bit! whereas before the scan I had convinced myself it was another boy so I think I could handle the delivery room surprise! This time I have told everyone even my Mum we are team green but we are going to find out in 4 weeks that way I have time to adjust before having to tell everyone. Tough decision I guess we all know what's right for us! Xx
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What is best for each of us is not always best for someone else. You have to be happy with your decision after weighing all the pros and cons! You always can change your mind if that list of pros and cons ever changes either
    Apr 2012 June 2015

Our family is complete!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12