PDA

View Full Version : craving aspartame

kaseybaby
May 12th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Is anyone else craving aspartame now? I just started to drink it, and I now crave it. I never drank soda before except maybe once a month, and now I want a diet coke all the time. I want to chew sugar free gum, it is like I can't get enough of it.

Anyone else like this? How am I going to stop drinking it once I get my BFP?

kaseybaby
May 12th, 2011, 11:16 PM
Ohhhh I though caffeine free was okay, especially since a lot of the pink mama's said they drank it. Thank you so much for the heads up.

I despise drinking it as well, but I crave it now. It is so strange.

So I need to get crystal light....I will pick some up tomorrow.

zanacal
May 13th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Hi - I'm in the UK so we don't have Crystal Light but I know I can get it online. What exactly is it? Is it something you mix up with water or is it ready to drink? Is it fizzy?

Thanks
K x

Flava
May 13th, 2011, 11:38 AM
I was thinking we are the once who can't drink soda? So I stoped that for sure. With my girls all I drinked was diet pepsi none stop. ( well not with the sway last time) but I don't drink soda anymore.

kaseybaby
May 13th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Flava, that seems to be a popular drink for Pink moms that is why I thought diet soda was okay. Now I am confused!

swish
May 14th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Zanacal, I'm from the uk, I bought crystal light on amazon, it comes in sachets and you mix it with water, it is bright pink and disgusting!

atomic sagebrush
May 14th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Ohhhh I though caffeine free was okay, especially since a lot of the pink mama's said they drank it. Thank you so much for the heads up.

I despise drinking it as well, but I crave it now. It is so strange.

So I need to get crystal light....I will pick some up tomorrow.

I think caffeine free diet coke is fine for swaying pink.

atomic sagebrush
May 14th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Flava, that seems to be a popular drink for Pink moms that is why I thought diet soda was okay. Now I am confused!

Diet soda is ok. a) it really doesn't pull that much calcium out of your bones and it takes YEARS to do it and b) we don't even know if we WANT the calcium to be all absorbed in our bones.

ALL the people I know who drink diet pop ALL have girls. Lots of them.

atomic sagebrush
May 14th, 2011, 01:16 PM
I don't think we should be drinking diet coke... I made that mistake with boy #3. Soda pulls out calcium out of our bodies or bones. You pretty much want to drink crystal light. I loath that I am drinking aspartame, but after testing the pH of crystal light with my Henna (It was like 3.15 something). I think is probably is a must. I can't wait to quick the stuff.

Crystal Light is great too but I just think people have a better chance of success if they are able to drink at least some things they actually like. Caff. free diet soda does sway pink for most people.

atomic sagebrush
May 14th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Hi - I'm in the UK so we don't have Crystal Light but I know I can get it online. What exactly is it? Is it something you mix up with water or is it ready to drink? Is it fizzy?

Thanks
K x

It's like Kool-Aid only sweetened with aspartame rather than sugar. Sometimes it tastes good to me and other times it is gross.

atomic sagebrush
May 14th, 2011, 01:19 PM
I was thinking we are the once who can't drink soda? So I stoped that for sure. With my girls all I drinked was diet pepsi none stop. ( well not with the sway last time) but I don't drink soda anymore.

Yes, blue swayers shouldn't drink diet soda. The jury is out on sugar soda, I know Tamara always says no sugar soda for blue but I know I used to drink gallons of Dr. Pepper and so did NikiLyn.

kaseybaby
May 17th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Diet soda is ok. a) it really doesn't pull that much calcium out of your bones and it takes YEARS to do it and b) we don't even know if we WANT the calcium to be all absorbed in our bones.

ALL the people I know who drink diet pop ALL have girls. Lots of them.

Is all diet okay? Or just caffeine free?

atomic sagebrush
May 17th, 2011, 12:40 PM
I ~personally~ think caffeine doesn't sway terribly much if at all (and this was corroborated by the Oxford study which found no link between caffeine intake and gender conceived in over 700 women.) So I would drink reg. diet soda if ~I~ was swaying and I wanted some. But, of course caffeine is not allowed in the traditional swaying diet and so if you want to stick to the tried and true, you should def. avoid it.

purplepoet20
May 17th, 2011, 01:00 PM
I drank about 1/2-1 gallon a day of normal cola with my boys... maybe a large glass or two of ice tea with tons of sugar, very little water, and no dairy.

Right now I am drinking 2 cups of caff-free diet cola in the morning instead of coffee, 2 cups of crystal light with each meal, ending the day with 2 cups of caff-free diet cola, and about 1 cup of RO water 8 times a days spread out from 5am-10pm. OB Dr. told me that people with high blood sugar are told to drink lots of water before, after, and during meals to help flush the sugars out faster. Drinking something atleast every hour has helped me to control any hunger pains.

atomic sagebrush
May 20th, 2011, 09:19 AM
I drank about 1/2-1 gallon a day of normal cola with my boys... maybe a large glass or two of ice tea with tons of sugar, very little water, and no dairy.

Right now I am drinking 2 cups of caff-free diet cola in the morning instead of coffee, 2 cups of crystal light with each meal, ending the day with 2 cups of caff-free diet cola, and about 1 cup of RO water 8 times a days spread out from 5am-10pm. OB Dr. told me that people with high blood sugar are told to drink lots of water before, after, and during meals to help flush the sugars out faster. Drinking something atleast every hour has helped me to control any hunger pains.

I agree, that's how I lost a lot of weight after I had DS 2 was by drinking stuff constantly. Great tip about the drinking water!!!

atomic sagebrush
May 20th, 2011, 09:23 AM
This is good to know about the blood sugar! Thanks Purplepoet!

Atomic how much crystal light should we drink really, if we are drinking things like aquafina water (has a pH about 4.5-4.6)? I drink 2 of the individual packs of the crystal light in the 16 oz aquafina water and I have a pack of aspartame on my yogurt in the morning. I don't know if I can handle anymore of this stuff :sigh: !

I think that is PLENTY. I used to cringe at the amounts of CL people were drinking on a different site.

Oh yeah and if you didn't see this in the "products we love" thread, I found these things called, "Ocean Spray On the Go" packs alongside the Crystal Light, they're little packs you stir into a water bottle and they make just one serving, rather than having to make a whole pto of Crystal Light. They are cranberry-juice flavored but don't have any actual juice in them so all the flavors are ok and are sweetened with aspartame. http://www.oceanspray.com/products/Drink_Mixes.aspx They are more juice-tasting and not so Kool-Aid flavored like CL is.

annabel♥lee
June 1st, 2011, 10:48 PM
Oh, I am SO excited that Diet Coke is OK!! I actually hate diet anything, but if I absolutely have to, Diet Coke is it! It's funny because I noticed that my sister, after she had her son, went on a diet (including diet Coke) and had a girl. Two years later she was dieting again (again lots of diet Coke) and had a surprise pregnancy...low and behold, another baby girl! I really do think it sways. :)

atomic sagebrush
June 4th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Oh, I am SO excited that Diet Coke is OK!! I actually hate diet anything, but if I absolutely have to, Diet Coke is it! It's funny because I noticed that my sister, after she had her son, went on a diet (including diet Coke) and had a girl. Two years later she was dieting again (again lots of diet Coke) and had a surprise pregnancy...low and behold, another baby girl! I really do think it sways. :)

Yes, that is my experience as well.

I also read that Halle Berry pretty much drinks Diet Coke constantly and of course she has a girl.