Thread: TH1/TH2 Ratio

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

TH1/TH2 Ratio

Dr. Braverman,
    Can you please explain the risks of "TH1 dominance" or a high TH1:TH2 ratio at the time of embryo transfer? Do you think that supplements (omega-3s and vitamin D) can help or is prednisone the best option? Does prednisone present significant risk to the developing fetus?
    Many thanks in advance for any information you can provide!

Ask the Expert
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi , I wish it was as simple as just looking at TH1: TH2 ratio. That thinking is outdated . There are many autoimmune that cause issues in pregnancy some are TH2 dominant and some are TH1 dominant. The strategy is to look at the HLA genetics and the "entire" immune panel then determine if we are dealing with a TH1 or TH2 dominant syndrome. Then we can plan the treatment, go to my website and look at the Diagnostic Testing Section I think how we work up immune issues today will become more clear. Also look at the sample reports. .
    If you should need prednisone I feel it is very safe since there is an enzyme in the Placenta that breaks down prednisone so that more then 90% does not get to the baby. Omega 3 and Vitamin D are very good anti inflammatories but should be used mostly in TH1 dominant states or with a known Vit D deficiency.
    Dr. Braverman, Founder and Medical Director at Braverman Reproductive Immunology, New York
    www.preventmiscarriage.com
    @BravermanReprod

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for the information, Dr. Braverman!