Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

3 failed cycles! What can I do?

Dear Dr. Braverman,

I have cycled 3 times now, my last being the worst.

Cycle 1 was a short antagonist protocol on bcp, then stims and cetrotide at day 7. 450 Menopur. Stimmed for 10 days. 11 eggs, only 2 to day 5 (grade 2C). Rest poor visually.

Cycle 2 was a long down stimulation was on 300 gonal 150 merional. Bcp, suprefact and stimmed for 12 days. 13 eggs, 12 mature, 7 to day 3. Only 1 normal, rest all abnormal!

Cycle 3 was same as cycle 1 but same meds as cycle 2. Bcp and cetrotide at day 7. First scans showed no reponse from my left ovary so seemed to have been very suppressed. Only stimmed 10 days as had two very large follicles and follicles were not growing with even sizes.
    6 eggs retrieved, 3 mature. Day 3 1 5-cell then stopped growing. All arrested!

But my question is where do I go from here? I think the down regulation cycle looks the best with a longer stimulation time. I have been taking DHEA this time and reduced my carbs and processed food a lot. I do yoga, reflexology so this all helps with quality. But I think the protocol was wrong and that's why I didn't respond well.

What protocol wud you advise and shudnt I use bcp?
    My AMH is 12 pmol/L
    FSH 7
    AFC 13
    Other hormones all well within range
    Dhea-sulphate was tested and in august was 2.7 in a range 0.1-11.0

Kind regards

Pinkrose x
    2x

Wishing for a

Ask the Expert
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink rose 76 View Post
    Dear Dr. Braverman,

I have cycled 3 times now, my last being the worst.

Cycle 1 was a short antagonist protocol on bcp, then stims and cetrotide at day 7. 450 Menopur. Stimmed for 10 days. 11 eggs, only 2 to day 5 (grade 2C). Rest poor visually.

Cycle 2 was a long down stimulation was on 300 gonal 150 merional. Bcp, suprefact and stimmed for 12 days. 13 eggs, 12 mature, 7 to day 3. Only 1 normal, rest all abnormal!

Cycle 3 was same as cycle 1 but same meds as cycle 2. Bcp and cetrotide at day 7. First scans showed no reponse from my left ovary so seemed to have been very suppressed. Only stimmed 10 days as had two very large follicles and follicles were not growing with even sizes.
    6 eggs retrieved, 3 mature. Day 3 1 5-cell then stopped growing. All arrested!

But my question is where do I go from here? I think the down regulation cycle looks the best with a longer stimulation time. I have been taking DHEA this time and reduced my carbs and processed food a lot. I do yoga, reflexology so this all helps with quality. But I think the protocol was wrong and that's why I didn't respond well.

What protocol wud you advise and shudnt I use bcp?
    My AMH is 12 pmol/L
    FSH 7
    AFC 13
    Other hormones all well within range
    Dhea-sulphate was tested and in august was 2.7 in a range 0.1-11.0

Kind regards

Pinkrose x
    Why dont you fill out a consult request on my website and we will schedule a free 10 mintue chat to reveiw your case with you. There are many other factors to account for not just the protocol that was used.
    Dr. Braverman, Founder and Medical Director at Braverman Reproductive Immunology, New York
    www.preventmiscarriage.com
    @BravermanReprod

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank Dr. Braverman and thank you NBP.
    2x

Wishing for a