Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Natural FET and Humira question

Hi Dr Braverman,

I have had multiple donor egg transfer failures and now 3 donor egg miscarriages. The last 2 I was on IvIG as my blood work showed elevated TNFa ratio and sometimes elevated NK cells. The last cycle I had 6 IvIG treatments, 2 prior to transfer and 4 post transfer. I made it to 12 weeks that time. I was also on clexane, metformin and bioactive folate & B6 for MTHFR. The autopsy and inspection of the placenta at this last miscarriage showed no abnormalities, blood clots or any other signs of problems that would explain the miscarriage.

My two questions for you are do you think doing a natural fet rather than a medicated one would make any difference?

And what are your thought on Humira? My obstetrician here is suggesting I could try it. He has a few patients on it who are now far into their pregnancies and a couple who have had their babies.

Thanking you in advance for your input.

PS- I have had 2 uneventful pregnancies prior to all this that carried to full term. They are now my 5 and almost 7 yr old sons.
    8 6 wishing for a
    Cycle 1 HRC in June 2011- cancelled cycle, no response at all.
    Cycle 2 at SART start stims Oct 10th Another cancelled cycle. No response.
    Cycle 3 at SART, started stims Dec 31st, cancelled AGAIN.
    Cycle 4 Donor eggs in South Africa May 2012, freezing and shipping to USA for PGD
    FET- 19th July- NT (only 2 normals, both boys)
    Cycle 5 Last shot- donor eggs at Genesis- Cyprus using his sperm sort, Jan 2013 BFN
    FET Feb 2013 BFP Miscarriage @ 6 wks.
    FET June 2013. On metaformin now for Insulin resistance. Mental health starting to border on insanity now. BFN
    FET July 2013. Last embie BFN

Cycle 6 Really truly last shot- Donor eggs HRC, planned all freeze Feb, 7XX frozen immune treatment for me
    FET May 2014 BFP Miscarriage @ 8 weeks
    FET Nov 2014 BFP Miscarriage @ 12 weeks
    FET Oct 2015 BFP Blighted ovum confirmed @ 8 weeks. Miscarriage.

SURROGACY!!!!! FET 1xx Feb 4th BFP, HB seen

My precious baby girl arrived Oct 19th 2016

2. Likes Hoping4Kaylani, Aura liked this post
    Ask the Expert
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that the immune testing you have had to date is far too minimal to make decisions as to the use of Humira or the large doses of IVIG. A complete immune profile will give us a much better idea of not only the problem but the correct therapy(and clearly there is an issue here that is being missed) . I would be happy to help you , simply fill out a consult request from my website and we will schedule a free 10 minute discussion to reveiw your case.
    Dr. Braverman, Founder and Medical Director at Braverman Reproductive Immunology, New York
    www.preventmiscarriage.com
    @BravermanReprod