Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Advice Needed - Allergic reaction to PIO

Hi Dr. Potter,

I am doing IVF with PGD for family balancing. I have conceived two healthy boys (naturally) who are 4 and (almost) 2. I am 35 and DH is 41. I underwent my first IVF cycle in June of this year. 20 eggs were retrieved, 18 fertilized, however, by day 6 only 3 of the embryos reached the stage where they could be biopsied for PGD. Since they had to wait so long to biopsy we had to immediately freeze the 3 embryos since we missed the "window". The plan is to do a FET in October with the two female embryos. I did a mock cycle at the end of July to test everything and I had a very severe reaction to the Progesterone in Oil (with sesame oil) shots. I broke out in hives all over my body and had a racing heart, etc. My doctor said it was most likely the sesame oil and recommends that we do the ethyl oleate oil for the transfer next month. However, I am concerned about having another allergic reaction. My questions are a) can an allergic reaction (if I have another one) affect the embryo implantation and b) is there a way I can get tested for the oils to make sure that I am not allergic to them BEFORE we do the transfer? I am based here in Southern California.

I appreciate your time and advice.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Crinone suppositories!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums