Dear Dr. Potter

You were kind to reply my answers some months ago regarding my first IVF/PDG-cycle in Europe. Well, now I have done it and unfortunately all my five tested FHB and HB day 5 and 6-embryos turned out to be abnormal after PGS array-CGH-testing. So now I wonder whether to stop or cycle again. I hope you can help me make my decision easier. I am 40, no history of infertility, 3 healthy sons. Had good pretesting. AMH: 11.9, FSH: 6.9, LH: 7.8. 13 eggs retrieved. 8 fertilized. 5 biopsied. My hubby has low morphology (1 pct.) but very high numbers on all other semen-values. We used frozen s. I took all the recommended vitamins and dietary supplements including DHEA and melatonin. My protocol was 225 Gonal-f for 12 days, Orgalutran and Ovitrelle as trigger.

The abnormal embryos had following problems: one had gain of chromosomes 9, 21 and susp. partial gain of chromosome 11q, another had susp. partial gain of chromosome 16p in mosaic, another had gain of chromosomes 20 and susp. loss of chromosome 8 end 9 in mosaic, the fourth had multiple chromosomal abnormalities and the fifth embryo had susp. partial loss of chromosome 17p.

Am I unable to produce healthy embryos because of my advanced maternal age?

Or could it be other factors such as emotionel stress, wrong diet, a lab-issue or the protocol?

I hope you can shed some light on this very complicated proces as I would like to know more about what went wrong.

Thank you so much in advance.