Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ovarian cysts and IVF chances

Hello Dr. Potter,

I'm pregnant with my third boy after swaying. We plan to go HT possibly next year. I'll be 35-36 and believe we are highly fertile as I've been pregnant 6 times first try. I lost three early on between my 1st and 2nd due to trisomy 16 one was tested to be another boy.

Before I had children I had irregular periods lasting 50 -60 days. They discovered I had 8-10 small cysts on each of my ovaries. Further tests proved I don't have the syndrome just the cysts. The cysts didn't stop us from getting pregnant first try and since giving birth to my first son my periods are a regular 30-32 days.

Will my cysts affect my chances of ivf?

Thank you

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bumping for Dr. Potter or anyone with some insight.

It seems that I have PCO not PCOS. How will this effect my response to stims, ER and ER recovery?

Thank you

Polycystic ovaries or PCOS

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Was this question ever answered? I have an ovarian cyst and am just starting to look into the HT route, will I still be able to do it if I have a small persistent cyst? It was discovered during my last pregnancy, didn't cause much trouble just some pain and it's still there as far as I know.
    Dec 2011

Miscarriage July 2014

April 2015 (failed albeit lame sway attempt)

Going to HRC to get my girl Dec 2016!

My HT girl due 31/08/2017

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    He comes on from time to time. It depends on your pretesting, I think. If you have one small cyst, that may not be a big deal but if it prevents other follicles from growing, it becomes a big deal. Do you have PCOS? How is your BMI?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's just one small cyst, about 4cm last time I had a scan, I don't have PCOS but apparently I did have a small trace of endometriosis that they found after an exploratory laparotamy done after a suspected ectopic (I didn't have one). My BMI is fairly low, under 18 probably.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Dec 2011

Miscarriage July 2014

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You would be put on lupron and BCP to suppress your ovaries before stimulation and hopefully, that would clear up the cysts. You would definitely need a scan prior to starting stims to make sure you do not have any cysts present and if you cycle outside the US, that is NOT the norm so be very careful not to waste a cycle due to not enough care upfront.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your help. I'm in the UK and considering Genesis clinic.
    What do you mean waste a cycle due to not enough upfront care? Sorry if that seems like a silly question but I've only just started wading through the vast amount of information!

Dec 2011

Miscarriage July 2014

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Proper pretesting is necessary to come up with the right protocol for you. Genesis will have you start stimulation meds without having a baseline scan done. If you read the guide my signature, it will explain further.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks again. I've got to say, I have read the guide on your signature (twice) and I'm really overwhelmed and confused but I think I understand what you're saying. Thank you.

Dec 2011

Miscarriage July 2014