Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It would be cheaper if you just did a fresh cycle (I opted to do FET instead) but then the cost of meds can vary depending on what you're prescribed. Wishing you the best of luck with your decision and beyond!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsE View Post
    It would be cheaper if you just did a fresh cycle (I opted to do FET instead) but then the cost of meds can vary depending on what you're prescribed. Wishing you the best of luck with your decision and beyond!
    Which yields better results, a fet or a fresh cycle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Thanks Babygirlquest thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Giselle2016 View Post
    Which yields better results, a fet or a fresh cycle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think it's that simple unfortunately as there's lots of factors at play. I think people usually opt for a fresh cycle but that involves a stay of around 14 days in California which wasn't an option for us in terms of cost, childcare and work. From a personal perspective the advantages of FET were: shorter visits (although more of them), certainty that there's something to transfer if it's successful (although there are risks in defrosting), HRC has more time and can test the embryos for which will stick best and, from a health perspective, I had OHSS following ER so if I'd have been going for a fresh transfer it probably would have been cancelled. On the downsides it's more expensive and it takes longer overall!

5. Likes Giselle2016 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a difficult question to answer. I generally prefer to do a fresh transfer since we have the capability for a 24 hour turnaround time at our lab and are able to this. Many other fertility centers do not have this capacity and must freeze the embryos. Each case is different and we do what is best for the patient. We have excellent results in both categories which can be viewed on fertilitysuccessrates.com. I'd be happy to speak with you to review your medical history and come up with the best plan for your needs. You can request a free consult through the site. I look forward to speaking with you.

Best,
    Dr. P
    Daniel A. Potter, MD
    Medical Director, HRC Fertility Newport Beach, California
    Laboratory Director, Natera (formerly Gene Security Network)
    http://www.amazon.com/What-When-You-...keywords=hanin
    http://www.danielapottermd.com
    @ivfgenderselect

7. Likes emshe liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12