Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Cali, I totally understand, I always wanted a sister too. I never had a good let alone close relationship with my mom so I really want to experience that bond.

Fortunately I seem to be tolerating the Clomid and have been feeling more ovarian activity and having more CM much earlier than usual. I really hope to O in a timely manner!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can I ask why miscarriage sways girl? I also had a recent miscarriage and was going to wait to TTC until I got 12 weeks of LE under my belt - but is it better to try sooner after the miscarriage (mine was in December). Sorry for the hijack. Wishing you a sweet baby girl, OP!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We don't know why it sways pink, we don't know how long the effects last (prob. different depending on circumstance, and you may already be out of the window anyway), and we don't know if one outweighs the other. We DO KNOW that diet longer than 12 weeks has been quite effective for several dozen people so I would stick with diet.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To add to atomic's comment, I think most likely that how far along you were when you miscarried probably matters. I would guess conceiving immediately after a later loss would sway more than after a chemical, but it hasn't been studied so just guessing.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm now almost 8 weeks along and feeling disgustingly nauseous all hours of the day and night. I maybe had an hour or two of late-afternoon sickness with my first two boys.
    I am desperately trying to do as we're told by Atomic (not read into different symptoms) but I can't stop hoping for pink.
    I feel so gross, only want sweet foods and my usual pregnancy cravings (bacon, burgers, fries, cheese) make me feel worse. I have another 4 weeks to wait until I can guess at a 12 weeks scan and the days are *dragging*

If relevant, I conceived 14 days after my miscarriage and was almost 7 weeks along at the time... the miscarried pregnancy was conceived on 12 weeks of LE diet but the new pregnancy was during the holidays, with a fews weeks on a diet of meat, cheese, wine, snacking and little exercise. BD only once....I wish I had more clues!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fx for pink calidreaming! I take it you aren't getting an early blood test.

My Ovulation Chart

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think I can justify the cost, so no blood test for me

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by californiadreaming View Post
    I'm now almost 8 weeks along and feeling disgustingly nauseous all hours of the day and night. I maybe had an hour or two of late-afternoon sickness with my first two boys.
    I am desperately trying to do as we're told by Atomic (not read into different symptoms) but I can't stop hoping for pink.
    I feel so gross, only want sweet foods and my usual pregnancy cravings (bacon, burgers, fries, cheese) make me feel worse. I have another 4 weeks to wait until I can guess at a 12 weeks scan and the days are *dragging*

If relevant, I conceived 14 days after my miscarriage and was almost 7 weeks along at the time... the miscarried pregnancy was conceived on 12 weeks of LE diet but the new pregnancy was during the holidays, with a fews weeks on a diet of meat, cheese, wine, snacking and little exercise. BD only once....I wish I had more clues!
    Symptoms don't predict gender. You knew I was going to say that!!!!

I had the least amount of sickness with my girl and my 2nd boy. My other three boys I was very sick. :/

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know it sucks but I recommend waiting one extra week til 13 weeks because 12 is not reliable for gender and also usually harder for them to get a good shot.

11. Likes maidentomother liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic - it's down to the NHS to assign my scan date so let's hope it's closer to 13 weeks than 12! And I'll book a private scan for 17 weeks

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast