Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

My VBA2C success story!

So here I am 2 years after coming across and becoming a member of this site.
    I swayed for a boy, since I already had 2 girls, but regardless of our sway (which could have been much more diligent) we found out we were excpecting our third little princess.
    I must admit that at first GD was present, but I was already aware that it could go either way so, shortly after the results were in, I decided I would celebrate the arrival of this baby like it deserves to be celebrated. After all she chose to be part of our family and probably gave a good fight to succeed in her efforts
    I wanted to share with you my VBA2C story, because I think it could help women who are considering one, as I found inspiring all the stories I read when second thoughts crossed my mind.
    My first DD was born with c/s due to breech presentation and bad NSTs worsening gradually for 2 days at 38w4d.
    My second DD was born with rcs because my OB was not discussing the option of a VBAC and unfortunately I was not well informed at the time, so went along.
    I have to say that both my c/sections were not a horrific experience, I recovered very well and fast from both and had a lot of help from my DH and my mother. My problem was emotional, I felt I was deprived of an experience that nature has set out for us women, I felt incompetent when talking with my friends about their VB experiences, I felt I had missed out on something beatiful in my life.
    Also I hate to admit that due to my c/s I found it difficult to connect with my babies the first couple of weeks.
    Anyway this time around I was lucky to have found this site, where I read a lot of inspiring stories from ladies who went through with VBACs or VBA2Cs and decided to educate myself before getting pregnant.
    When I first discussed this with my OB (a different one) he was not happy with it to say the least. He proposed a RCS as the safest option and pointed out all the risks regarding VBACs. This time around I was informed and I fought back pointing out all the risks of RCS and that I know all about the risks of VBACS, still I want to TOLAC. He agreed, provided that everything was perfect towards the end of the pregnancy and pointing out that if the slightest thing makes him nervous to TOLAC he wouldn't do it. I went along since he was the only OB I had spoken with who would even discuss this option and leave it open.
    As my due date was coming close and everything was going perfect I started doubting my decision, feeling selfish for wanting to take such a risk for me, my unborn baby, my girls and my DH. Bad thoughts crossed my mind, sometimes I pictured myself in the worst case scenario....
    Luckily I had a very supportive DH who wanted this as much as I did and he kept lifting my spirit up, encouraging me to trust my body to do what it is made for. So I tried hard to push these thoughts away and pray that whatever will happen in the end it will be for the best, because God wants the best for his children.
    So I kept doing the best I could to help my baby engage before 40w (my OB's time limit), I walked, I went to prenatal yoga, I used EPO and had daily sex (sorry TMI).
    Finally on August 25th(39w5d) during our usual evening walk and right when I thought it would never happen, I realised that I had to stop for some seconds due to pain similar to menstrual cramps... I thought maybe this is it....
    We went home and time went by the contractions started getting stronger, more frequent lasting longer. At 11pm I contacted my OB and he verified that we have early labor. He advised me to stay home, mobile as much as possible and to go to the maternity clinic when my contractions were every five minutes.
    At 2:30am it was time to go to the clinic. The midwife who checked me said I was 2cm dilated and 50% effaced, baby was engaged and pressing very well during contractions. My OB told me that we would have our baby very soon.
    Around 4:30am he advised me to have an epidural (the minimum dose since he wanted me to be able to feel any sharp, out of the ordinary pain) because contractions were very strong and he didn't want this for my uterus. So, since pain was excrutiating I agreed, eventhough I knew it would probably stoll labor, but I really wanted a break... for the next hour I relaxed quite a bit, even took a short nap, which was revitilizing.
    3 hours later at 7:30am I had to start pushing, unfortunately due to the epi I could not access the muscles I had to, so it took me about an hour an a half to finally have her in my arms.
    Once she was out I was overwelmed by feelings of utter joy, happiness and love. My DH, who was next to me the whole time, was allowed to cut the cord and placed her in my arms hugging us both, we both started crying like babies.
    The next couple of hours went very fast, I was able to have a shower on my own 3 hours after her delivery, I did not need any help to attend to her needs or mine, I was able to eat whatever I wanted and the next day we were discharged from the clinic.
    This experience has been the best in my life, I wish I could have had all my babies this way, but at least I feel blessed I had the blessing this time around. I feel complete after my VBA2C at peace with my body.
    I wish for every woman who decides to try a VBAC to succeed and feel the way I do. This feeling is priceless and healing.
    This baby might not have been a successful boy sway, but she has given me and my DH so much happiness, we could not have imagined is possible.

My very best wishes to everyone for health and happiness as well as successful sways.
    (2005) (2008) TTCBLUE 2015

It's a girl!!!

2. Likes Kittybear, Prepsina2014, missiz liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Beautiful story mamato3. An inspiration to others who are in your situation. Thank you for sharing.
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

4. Thanks Mamato3? thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats on your princess' safe arrival, and well done mama for getting your vb xxx
    2 beautiful blue eyed boys who both own my (3 if you count DH!)
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

'No one knows when or how their story ends...' My wonderful mum 2014.

6. Thanks Mamato3? thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Beautiful story Mama!!! I can only hope for the same thing. I had to have a C/S with DS1 because I stopped dilating and his heart rate was dropping and with DS2 I had to have one because my OB refused to do it and no one else in the practice wanted to go against what he said. He has decades of experience (he was actually supposed to be the doctor that delivered me!!! lol) but me not knowing any better I went along with it. I didn't even know what a TOLAC was at the time but now that I know I'm on the hunt for a OB in my area that is willing to do a VBA2C. I did see a new OB for my yearly exam and he wasn't too keen on the idea (but was willing to "entertain" it) so I'm still on the search for one. I think I should find a female OB they may be more understanding but who knows...

Congratulations on your 3rd bundle of joy!!! Enjoy every minute!!
    Mom to four wonderful boys 6/2009 2/2011 11/2017 3/2019
    M/C2010
    Surprise BFP!! Baby # 5 Due Feb 5th 2021 IT'S A GIRL!!!

8. Thanks Mamato3? thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What a beautiful and moving birth story. I have tears in my eyes for you. Huge congratulations on your new arrival and on having the birth you so dreamed of. It truly is an amazing feeling to have a VB. I remember feeling invincible and so strong and accomplished after giving birth 5 years ago and now hope for another experience like that. All the best to you and your family
    My family is now complete with the arrival of our long awaited DD on October 6th 2016

10. Thanks Mamato3? thanked for this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is absolutely amazing and inspiring! Congratulations on your new baby. Sounds like she was just what you needed and knew just what to do. :❫ Enjoy your new little one.
    5/26/13 , 4/21/14 & VT , due 10/15/16 with

12. Thanks Mamato3? thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My VBA2C was the most amazing experience of my life. I couldn't find a supportive doc so I ended up having a 100% natural, home water birth. It was amazing. She was born at 5 pm and my husband went and got a giant order of sushi and we had friends over for champagne at 7 pm, then we both slept the whole night in our beds. She has been my easiest baby and easiest recovery and no post partum depression like with my other 2. It was so great to wake up the next morning with her in the basinet by the bed and feel GREAT! I felt completely normal less than 24 hours after birth. I wish I could go back and have natural vaginal at home births with my kids, I would do their births over in a heart beat!
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

14. Likes Mamato3? liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is so lovely and wishing you hugest congrats on your newest little lady!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

16. Thanks Mamato3? thanked for this post