Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One nite! Holy shit! Though if you can take to your bed with percocet, I think you'll be just fine. I got up and showered and felt pretty good the day after surgery, but the day after that was the kicker. Apparently its v common to be on a bit of a high after coming out of it and feel really good and then you kind of fall in a hole the next day.
    Step (17)
    Step (15) & (12)
    Our IVF/ICSI twins (6) (OHW)
    Our HT DD (2)

14Cycle 1 (Dr Lin, CA): ER 14 Jan 2011. 5 eggs, 4 mature and fertilised w/ ICSI. 2 probe. Put back 2 XX's. 5dp5dt - BFP. 9dp5dt - 64. 13dp5dt - 81 Stop meds. 19dp5dt - 330. 22dp5dt - 890. 3 scans show small empty sac not progressing. Final scan before D&C at 7w5d shows HB 116 & a 5.5mm embryo measuring 6w1d. 8w4d - HB 144 & fetus is 11.5mm! 9w4d - no HB.....

Cycle 2 (Genea): ER 8 July 2011 (after 10 wks on DHEA). 9 eggs, 5 fertilised w/ ICSI, 2 embryo's sent for aCGH day 6 biopsy. 29 July - both normal XX's!!!

Cycle 3 (Genea): Natural FET 15 March 2012. 4dp5dt BFP. 9dp5dt - 251. 12dp5dt - 949. HB 133 @ 6w3d. Born 6 Nov 2012.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    And I am totally doing it to get my flat tummy back and look pretty, lol!

I am a skinny person so with this belly leftover, I look pregnant all the time because I am thin everywhere else. I can't take it anymore.
    I am the same. It actually means we are ideal candidates for lipo.

I suffer from chronic pain due to severe spinal problems and have been on high dose opiates for years, so I am very familiar with pain...but your experience still sounds very scary, Matilda. I couldn't live without painkillers (as in, I wouldn't want to, I've tried it and it's miserable) - you are a brave woman to endure unrelieved. I get awful nausea too but not aw badly as you do, apparently. It varies widely depending on the opiate. I can't tolerate oxycodone or synthetics like fentanyl, but I do quite well on hydromorphone. I assume you've tried them all exhaustively, though.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How is your stomach doing? Are you back to fully mobile?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG - don't ask. Not even close. I'm going backwards. I think I felt better after the surgery than I do now! I've done everything right. Sent the kids off to the grandparents as its school holidays. No lifting, lots of rest and walking as instructed. Kept the support garment on 24/7. The 2nd week I also felt pretty good. But this last week (I am 3wks post-op now)…… I have more swelling and hard lumps forming in a couple of places along where they sewed the internal muscles together. It hurts to walk and move about, more so than before. I called the nurses last Thursday before the holiday wkend and they said its probably small haematoma or scar tissue forming and to rest over the Easter wkend and call again if worried today. So I am sitting here waiting for 9am to call! It feels like my upper stitches have separated. I am really hoping that its just the nerves coming back to life and so I am regaining sensation in these areas as they go numb after the surgery and it takes a while for the nerves to re-route themselves. Will report in after I go to the surgeons office.
    Step (17)
    Step (15) & (12)
    Our HT DD (2)

14Cycle 1 (Dr Lin, CA): ER 14 Jan 2011. 5 eggs, 4 mature and fertilised w/ ICSI. 2 probe. Put back 2 XX's. 5dp5dt - BFP. 9dp5dt - 64. 13dp5dt - 81 Stop meds. 19dp5dt - 330. 22dp5dt - 890. 3 scans show small empty sac not progressing. Final scan before D&C at 7w5d shows HB 116 & a 5.5mm embryo measuring 6w1d. 8w4d - HB 144 & fetus is 11.5mm! 9w4d - no HB.....

Cycle 2 (Genea): ER 8 July 2011 (after 10 wks on DHEA). 9 eggs, 5 fertilised w/ ICSI, 2 embryo's sent for aCGH day 6 biopsy. 29 July - both normal XX's!!!

Cycle 3 (Genea): Natural FET 15 March 2012. 4dp5dt BFP. 9dp5dt - 251. 12dp5dt - 949. HB 133 @ 6w3d. Born 6 Nov 2012.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no! They did tell me that when I start to feel better you have to make sure to take it easy for the full 6 weeks because you can go backwards if you over do it!!

I hope it will be okay.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK so I have a huge seroma (collection of fluid) in my abdomen. Booked in to get it drained tomorrow under ultrasound. Sounds a bit like OHSS! Fun times….
    Step (17)
    Step (15) & (12)
    Our HT DD (2)

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you been doing too much since you started feeling better? Why did this happen?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, well apparently my version of taking it easy is not adequate! I have been trying, farmed the kids out to grandparents, no cooking or cleaning. Been wearing the compression garment 24/7 trying not to lift anything. But its impossible to do nothing. Dr says its very common and not to worry and draining it is a simple painless procedure. But it may need to be repeated a couple of times.

My tummy is hard as a rock and very sore & uncomfortable but still flat!! I got a clue there was s'thing going on over the wkend as I am eating very little and put on 1.5kg, so I guessed I might have fluid collecting. It still hurts my tummy muscles if my stomach gets full and presses against them, which is why I eat very little. I literally have a small latte, a handful of fruit, maybe a couple of nuts or crackers in the afternoon, small sips of water throughout the day and a tiny portion of dinner. And I can't eat more without being uncomfortable. I feel like I've had gastric band surgery! Probably not a bad thing given I can't do any exercise.
    Step (17)
    Step (15) & (12)
    Our HT DD (2)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds painful but glad you now know what it is. Hopefully after they drain it you'll feel a bit better. 💛
    Mum of 9 boys & my stillborn angel daughter, Shaylah Anne 20/02/2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How are you doing now?

sent using tapatalk
    Enjoying life with my crazy little DS1 2010: and DS2 2012:
    Jan 15- Loss sway baby 12 wks
    It's a boy!
    My Chart

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123