Page 58 of 75 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Uk ladies

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I deleted her. She's one of those who posts every five minutes anyway and I remember before her daughter she really wanted a girl but then after she got her when I tried to talk about wanting a girl all I got was "it doesn't matter as long as they are healthy" well yeah that's what we want over anything else but doesn't stop us wanting a girl. Honestly at Christmas one of her boys found 1 of his brothers presents and she was ranting on facebook that he was a little shit who ruined everything, he daughter finds all her presents and it's 'so cute'. She moaned how hard boys are to buy for, not when you have boys and know what your boys like, only difficulty I've had is the cross over between wanting toys and not wanting toys. I looked at ds1s presents and thought they all looked so boring because he is into books, but fact books rather than stories. And ds2 just kept asking for "toblerone and surprises" lol her boys are still just either side of ds3s age where they are really into toys and it's so much fun buying for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Feb 2006 Oct 2007 March 2010 Oct 2013

Hoping the future holds a for us......

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Absolutely right she should know what her boys are into and she would know if she invested any time in them! Oh how sad her poor boys! Seeing things like that really make my heart hurt!!
    gorgeous DS1

gorgeous DS2

Praying and hopefully soon swaying for a precious pink princess to further complete our family

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand wanting a girl, and I understand being disappointed when you first hear boy, and even when you've got them in your arms loving them so much but still longing for a girl. But I don't understand thinking they are bad or not good enough just because of their gender.

4. Likes Mrs_Incredible, foxymrsg liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Totally agree mob. It's heartbreaking to think how those boys will grow up thinking they are unloved and not wanted. I feel more protective of my boys and tell them how much I love them all the time. I've always embraced making them happy and buying them things I know they will love. It's my job and I love it. My GD was always separate to my sons, it was my issue, not their failure. We are open about our joy at having a girl for all of us, and they Adore her, she is the baby after all. I want them to grow up being protective of her and they are so far, they were even before she was born especially my eldest! As we are older parents 39&40) I especially want them to look out for their little brother and sister, one day they will need their big brothers to be there for them. I certainly don't want my sons resenting "the princess", and I'll work hard to ensure they understand yes we wanted a daughter, as well as them not instead of, as they are all my heart, always xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    OUR GENDER DREAMING SUCCESS!!
    BFP 11 dpo on FRER, ttc pink month 4, (following blighted ovum in February 2014) HB seen 6+0!!! WOW harmony test says GIRL 17/05/14 ... Please let it be true!!! Confirmed GIRL @ 30/05/14 / 16+1 gender scan!!
    Baby girl E arrived 30/10/14, our family is complete
    Thank you atomic
    2003 2007 2011 (IG "failed" sway, TTC#3 mc month 6, mc month 8, dropped all swaying month 11 - BFP!! Blessed with a gorgeous baby boy) due 13 November 2014

6. Thanks kitkat18 thanked for this post
    Likes motherofboys, XXforhubby, foxymrsg liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We've been offered a house! John isn't over the moon about the area and I think he'll still be able to moan about parking (he was hoping for a drive lol) but he has agreed to at least view it

8. Likes foxymrsg, Mrs_Incredible liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fantastic news MOB!! So pleased for you! I hope you both like it!!

Mrs Incredible I couldn't have put that better if I tried!! I openly discuss my desire for a girl with my mum, she totally gets it, 3girls before my brother. She so supportive and we often say how if I have a daughter it will be as well as not instead of my boys! My boys are my world and they light up my life and I know everyone else here feels the same! GD is awful but you're right it's completely separate to our children we have, they have done no wrong they just are the miracles they are!
    gorgeous DS1

gorgeous DS2

Praying and hopefully soon swaying for a precious pink princess to further complete our family

10. Thanks kitkat18 thanked for this post
    Likes Mrs_Incredible liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck viewing the house mob! Foxymrsg, my mum had gd but got the girls she wanted. After i had ds1 she was head over heels in love with him like i was (she now knows how wrong she was about boys!!) She still calls him "my j" and adores him and his brothers. Even tho she loves her grandsons sooo much she really understood my desire for a daughter despite it looking for a long time as if my sister couldn't have children. She never cast that up, she could easily have told me to be grateful even tho she knew i was. I cried down the phone after my gender scan with ds3, i was heartbroken (he is still our baby and he is just perfect) My 3 boys are loved for being themselves, as will dd. Ds2 is also a great kid, he was a hilarious toddler who entertained us so much, and at 8 he is still entertaining us with his imagination I'm glad i had that support and wasn't criticised or made to feel ungrateful or ashamed. These forums helped me realise my feelings were normal and opened up to those close to me, she knew we swayed for ds3, and recently i told her what i think swayed for dd and her own 2 daughters!. Its a shame irl "babies are a blessing/as long as it's healthy" is the standard response. Erm, yeh ... But .. Xx
    Last edited by Mrs_Incredible; March 27th, 2015 at 10:01 PM.
    OUR GENDER DREAMING SUCCESS!!
    BFP 11 dpo on FRER, ttc pink month 4, (following blighted ovum in February 2014) HB seen 6+0!!! WOW harmony test says GIRL 17/05/14 ... Please let it be true!!! Confirmed GIRL @ 30/05/14 / 16+1 gender scan!!
    Baby girl E arrived 30/10/14, our family is complete
    Thank you atomic
    2003 2007 2011 (IG "failed" sway, TTC#3 mc month 6, mc month 8, dropped all swaying month 11 - BFP!! Blessed with a gorgeous baby boy) due 13 November 2014

12. Thanks kitkat18 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just got back from a weekend with friends and first thing john says is "I drove down that road on the way home" and starts going on about the undesirables that live round there. So I said fine we can just live here forever! He hasn't mentioned it again. Yes it's not as nice an area as this one but its a bigger house and surely we can keep looking once we are in there. If we turn it down we will go to the bottom of the list and it'll be she's before we are offered anything again

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh mob what a crap situation! It just makes it so much less fun, the way I see it is when you're indoors and your door is shut you don't see what's going on outside! Every area has it's 'dodgy' places but sometimes they sound or look worse then they really are! Hope he comes round to at least viewing it! Once you're in there you may be able to do a swap with someone I know loads of people who have done that as someone may have family in that area and want to move back are in a big house and so they won't move them they have to wait for a swap! You never know!

Ah mrs incredible it really does make a difference having a mum who understands! I feel for my sister as she has 3 girls and I know would have loved a boy but we never discuss it. It's hard to be the one to start the subject you know? Yes it's so amazing looking at my mums past diet and how she got her girls.....she certainly didn't get us by douching! Lol! She did have a lot of calcium with us and not my brother but I don't think that was what swayed it well not the calcium I think she probably had low overall calories and most of them were made up with milk etc so she was still on LE in a way if that makes sense? Lol
    gorgeous DS1

gorgeous DS2

15. Likes Mrs_Incredible liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    He drove me round there this morning telling me horror stories of the area and basically thinks it's better to go to the bottom of the list and be stuck here longer in a nicer area but uncomfortable than be stuck in a not so nice area but comfortable while we waited to move again. He seems to have his mind made up. If we go to the bottom of the list now I can't see us moving in time to have another baby

Page 58 of 75 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast