Page 66 of 75 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Uk ladies

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No. I text him again and said I was sorry but I had tried to move on and I couldn't, there are reminders everywhere about what I don't get to do and I wish it didn't matter so much but it does. Again, nothing. Then last night we heard that his dad's condition has got worse so I felt like a cow to bring it up then.
    But this morning he was going on about ds2s football team and I felt again like he just doesn't get it. I wanted to say I hate football now, I used to like it but now it's this big thing that just reminds me of all the things he gets with sons that I don't get with daughters. I wanted shout at him and say what if we had 4 girls and I was going on and on about how brilliant they were at dance classes and the whole time all you could think of was what if you had a son, what it would be like watching him play football, would he be any good at it?
    I know I can take boys to dance classes, but it's one small part of the GD thing. Like people talk about shopping trips with their daughters, ds2 enjoys going shopping with me (I think it's mainly the lunch out that entices him lol) but we went out Thursday last week and this week but it isn't that same, because it's not what the whole GD issue is about. Even if I took him shopping every week and to dance classes every week he still wouldn't be my little girl, so it still wouldn't help this feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Feb 2006 Oct 2007 March 2010 Oct 2013

Hoping the future holds a for us......

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    He was trying to be extra nice to me last night, but I'd rather he just gave me an answer. He was willing to try before so why won't he just say yes but not yet, or even a flat out no. I'd rather be told no than keep hoping that one day it might happen.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Why do they skirt the issue? Dh is the same! It's like they think if they say yes we'll be jumping their bones tonight! Honestly what is wrong with them!?!
    gorgeous DS1

gorgeous DS2

Praying and hopefully soon swaying for a precious pink princess to further complete our family

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know how he can say yes when I asked about HT but won't say "one day" when I ask about trying again.
    I feel like it's all I keep going on about too him and don't know if I should push for an answer or just leave it.
    4 kids are hard work, and 5 would be more, I know that and I can understand when they are being pains that maybe it puts him off another. I even wonder why I want another at times. But wouldn't it all be so worth it if the next one WAS a girl?!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think I can do any school runs next week. I know I am so pathetic but I am dreading the thought of everyone gushing over the mum who had her baby girl at the beginning of the holidays. And another just announced on Facebook that she's having a boy, she has 2 girls and her husband has an older daughter from a previous relationship. So if I stand the other end of the very small playground everyone's going to be gushing over her

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no that's going to be the hardest bit, people may not gush too much an I'm sure they'd still gush if it was a boy as it's the whole new baby thing. I don't blame you for wanting to avoid it though I'd feel exactly the same. It's so hard to not feel like it's just being rubbed in our faces even when they're not, it's because we feel the emotions and it's so raw!
    gorgeous DS1

gorgeous DS2

Praying and hopefully soon swaying for a precious pink princess to further complete our family

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Girls reading how you are feeling is like a breath of fresh air. I'm sorry, but it makes me feel so much more normal!!! DH doesn't get this GD business at ALL!!! My brother in law has only daughter's and he is mad for a son,I tell DH that his brother would completely understand and he says he gets it a bit but he doesn't at all! On Thursday he arrived in from work and told me his work colleagues wife had just had their second child. Their first is a 5 yo boy, they had a MC last year so I would have always asked after her when I found out she was pg again. Of course she had a little girl and I felt HORRIBLE for feeling how I felt, I didn't begrudge her her daughter but all I could think was how come they had a PP so easily. I wouldn't be without my boys but I have no control over how I feel. Hate feeling this way!!! I had myself all.most convinced I would be ok as a boy mother, now I keep thinking I will always feel this way if I don't have a daughter!! GD sucks!!!!!! Oh, and to top it off we have to attend a wedding with the couple with the PP next week, they are bringing their new born DD and I will be drowning myself in wine at the bar!!
    2012 2014 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know I'm being stupid and I can't avoid everyone with daughters forever. I just hate the way it was all the way through her pregnancy every scan it was "double and triple checked its still a girl" and "I couldn't believe that it was actually a girl" she has 1 boy. One. I don't get it, if you have 1 of one gender then the chance of the next being the opposite surely still feels 50/50, in fact I remember being convinced that I'd get a girl when we tried for a second, just because that's what happens right? My mum had a girl then twin boys, dh parents had a girl then 2 boys, dh brother and dh sister both had a boy followed by a girl so why would we be any different. It was more of a surprise when we were told boy (at the 13 week scan and I refused to believe it because it was too early. I didn't even have gender desire then, I was happy to have a couple of boys first, I had just assumed that was how it would work.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Omg sorry I didn't realise it was a pigeon pair! Yes that frustrates me why are they panicking over the scan if I'd have been told girl after ds1 I wouldn't have doubted it! If I'm told girl next time I would but that's because I can't believe it'd actually happen! Lol! You're not being stupid though you need to process your feelings Hun and deal with them!
    Hopper my love you are not alone I think very few men actually truly get it! I wish they could feel what we feel for just one day! Then they'd understand!
    Thank god for wine at the wedding next week! Lol
    gorgeous DS1

gorgeous DS2

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree they just don't seem to get it, although I know sometimes it is the man who has GD. I said to DH to imagine what it was like if he didn't have boys to share all that stuff with and he just had to listen to me going on about all girly stuff and wondering what it would be like to have a boy. He just keeps being overly nice to me and telling me that he loves me, which I don't doubt but it feels like he is trying to say no. I know he wanted a girl and it wasn't until after we found out DS4 was a boy that he started to mention stopping. Like there was no point having another as it would definitely be a boy.
    I am sorry I'm being so pathetic about it all. We are all in the same boat but I'm over here having a pity party. Sometimes I'm OK, I was alright over Christmas, but now? It's like a physical aching in my heart.

Page 66 of 75 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast