Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I pray for a speedy recovery! I hope the results bring you peace. I am sending you lots of strength and healing energy 😘

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wishing you a speedy recovery and hope the results are everything you hoped for
    Prayed and swayed Boy . . .
    Blessed with a beautiful Girl
    Thank You God

"Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed. Each of us is loved. Each of us is necessary."

Pope Benedict XVI

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hope your recovery I quick and not too painful! Can I ask why haven't you had your scoliosis fixed? Or have you at some point? Seems to be more of the issue.

3 boys and 1 HT princess!
    17 12 9 3 HT

6 Cycles and 2 FET in all to FINALLY have my
    May 2015- Did another fresh cycle to get a sister for my DD
    that ended with no normals:

Thank you Dr.P

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    TRL, there is no way to fix my scoliosis. I have special braces to wear and I started seeing a Rolfer, and it's possible pregnancy will help. But any improvements will likely be minor.

I really appreciate the well wishes ladies! They help more than you know, especially as I'm currently alone and in pain! My dr gave me codeine for the pain (LOL), fortunately I have much stronger painkillers for my back. But I don't even notice my back pain at the moment, the post OP soreness is so much worse. Getting in & out of bed is the worst as it requires my abs and those areas are the most affected. Also my right pec/shoulder hurts so I can't do anything requiring strength with my right arm.

My right breast is bigger now I swear, I really see the difference now! I don't know if it's just swelling or what, but my breasts do match now for the first time ever. And while I'm a bit swollen, I have very little bruising. I was expecting much worse based on pics I've seen but I don't look that bad at all. No matter what I will enjoy my time having matched boobs even if it's temporary!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removėng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maiden my DH is a spine surgeon and I am a surgical nurse. I have seen some crazy scoliosis cases and at the end are night and day. Obviously its a painful surgery, but at some point it's better in the long run. If you were told there is nothing to do I would definitely look else where. You can't live in pain the rest of your life. Then when you have kids you are going to want to keep up with them. Just my 2 cents!

3 boys and 1 HT princess!
    17 12 9 3 HT

6 Cycles and 2 FET in all to FINALLY have my
    May 2015- Did another fresh cycle to get a sister for my DD
    that ended with no normals:

Thank you Dr.P

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My particular case is extremely unlikely to benefit from surgery and I would lose my excellent flexibility. Also, surgery will not necessarily help my pain and obviously spinal surgery is quite dangerous. You'll understand when you see my pics. I have 3 curves amd my biggest onč is 105 degrees upper right thoracic. I also have major rotation; the vertebra at the apex of my big curve is rotated a full 180 degrees.

The pain issue is complicated by the fact that I have 3x more nerves than normal. My back pain is mostly muscular, due to constant muscle tension and frequent spasms. The only thing that really helps the source of pain is valium, but it's just not enough.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removėng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh maiden I think you are such a strong person to go through all these alone and still be positive and plan your family, regardless of obsticles!!!!
    I really wish the best for you in general and I think if you have a DD, you will be such a good example for her!!!
    (2005) (2008) TTCBLUE 2015

It's a girl!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mamato3?, thank you for your lovely words. It is indeed my dream to have a strong, determined daughter - and hopefully one who values happiness and positive thinking despite how harsh reality can be.

Some more good news - the surgeon's after care assistant came to see me and tighten my girdle. So I got to see my body for the first time since the OP. It already looks so good! I'm still swollen, but half the swelling is gone already so I can see my new shape and even swollen, I look so much better! My breasts look great, very even and overall, my body is MUCH more symmetric and my scoliosis less obvious as a result. I have only slight yellowish bruising on my right breast and none on my belly/sides at all! The assistant said I'm healing perfectly and while I'm still very sore, the incisions have already closed and look like they won't scar much if at all. The surgeon did such a good job, and so did the anesthesiologist - my IV spot is completely healed with no bruising or pain, and the insertion was very painful so I'm amazed.

If the afternoon-night after the OP was a 7-8/10 in terms of pain, yesterday was a 9-10/10, at least whenever I had to get in or out of bed. Today I'm feeling much better, a 6-7/10. I'm hopeful I'll be even better tomorrow and able to go home.

My Ovulation Chart

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wishing you a speedy recovery! Just as a side note, I had a breast reduction in my mid twenties and although doctors and family were keen to put me off until at least I'd been done with having babies, I was determined and went ahead with it anyway fully aware that I wouldn't Be able to breast feed. I'm 100% glad I did it though and my breasts haven t really changed at all despite getting bigger during each pregnancy. I hope you feel a sense of weight lifting off your shoulders having had your surgery and that you too find having babies won't change all your hard work. X
    2007 2010 2012 2015

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So happy for you, maiden! I hope your healing continues to go well, and your pain will be greatly diminished. I admire your strength!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast