Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Christmas Thread, Ho, Ho, Ho!!

Well its almost upon us!! How is everybodys christmas preparations going?? Anybody need any help looking for something or need any ideas??

I personally am dreading it as usual lol Its the wrapping! I just cannot cope with the wrapping! Between the tree, stocking and families gifts I have to wrap around 250+ presents and it becomes an evil job!!! I am planning on just waiting til next week when DH should receive some cash from a job and blowing the lot on a big pile of tack from B&M (UK), wrapping it and having done with it at least that way I might just be able to enjoy the time with the kids this year instead of worrying if they will all be happy

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have very little ideas for Jamie (he'll be 6 months) - a Hungry Caterpillar book, Peter Rabbit soft toy, first pair of big boy shoes and a sleeping bag, plus a soft hair brush and Christmas socks for his stocking. Even less ideas for me, I'm awful! Any ideas much appreciated! x

18/5/13 (4+5 wks) 27/8/13 (4+6 wks)
    Jamie (12/6/14)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ELP View Post
    Well its almost upon us!! How is everybodys christmas preparations going?? Anybody need any help looking for something or need any ideas??

I personally am dreading it as usual lol Its the wrapping! I just cannot cope with the wrapping! Between the tree, stocking and families gifts I have to wrap around 250+ presents and it becomes an evil job!!! I am planning on just waiting til next week when DH should receive some cash from a job and blowing the lot on a big pile of tack from B&M (UK), wrapping it and having done with it at least that way I might just be able to enjoy the time with the kids this year instead of worrying if they will all be happy
    Shot in the dark here - I know 250+ pressies would be a nightmare, but had you thought of maybe taking some to those stalls to get some wrapped? Maybe ask if they'd be willing to do a certain amount of wrapping for a fee and see what they think. It goes to a good cause x

Jamie (12/6/14)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

haha!...try adding wrapping up birthday presents too…my DS2's b'day is 22nd Dec! We usually go abroad for Christmas to visit family and we have to take extra suitcases just full of Xmas and birthday presents!
    Last edited by ELP; November 13th, 2014 at 06:59 AM.
    DH: 39 Me: 40 Low AMH/High FSH/Low AFC
    2005 DS1
    2007 MC at 13 weeks (boy)
    2008 DS2

1st Cycle - Jan 2012 - Genesis - cancelled poor response
    2nd Cycle - May 2012 - Genesis - 10 ER, 1 ET - BFN
    3rd Cycle - Feb 2013 - Genesis - cancelled poor response
    4th Cycle - Oct/Nov 2013 - Genesis - 4 ER, 1 ET - BFN
    5th Cycle - April 2014 - HRC - cancelled poor response

Nov 2014 - Surprise BFP - 12 week scan showed baby stopped growing at 8 weeks
    6th Cycle - DE March 2015 - DE FET1 8th June BFN, FET2 7th Oct BFN

"shoot for the moon, if you miss you will still be amongst the stars"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnywabbit View Post
    I have very little ideas for Jamie (he'll be 6 months) - a Hungry Caterpillar book, Peter Rabbit soft toy, first pair of big boy shoes and a sleeping bag, plus a soft hair brush and Christmas socks for his stocking. Even less ideas for me, I'm awful! Any ideas much appreciated! x
    bunnywabbit, how about if you take the money you might spend on gifts for him and find a photographer and do a nice christmas photo shoot instead! That would be a preciuos first christmas keepsake wouldn't it

I don't know of any locations that would offer the wrapping service local to me, BUT!! I have a lovely lady around the corner who runs the charity shop in the village, I wonder if it would be a service she could offer to bring in extra funds for the charity??!!! I think I will ask her!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyfourleafclover View Post
    haha!...try adding wrapping up birthday presents too…my DS2's b'day is 22nd Dec! We usually go abroad for Christmas to visit family and we have to take extra suitcases just full of Xmas and birthday presents!
    What a greaT idea to get away, I think thats what I will do when the kids have left home lol We have been lucky to not have any December birthdays, our first was a January, perfect for a bit of Sale shopping

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    bunnywabbit, how about if you take the money you might spend on gifts for him and find a photographer and do a nice christmas photo shoot instead! That would be a preciuos first christmas keepsake wouldn't it

I don't know of any locations that would offer the wrapping service local to me, BUT!! I have a lovely lady around the corner who runs the charity shop in the village, I wonder if it would be a service she could offer to bring in extra funds for the charity??!!! I think I will ask her!!
    That's a great idea! Better still is also getting some done now to give as pressies for relatives. Thanks! x

Jamie (12/6/14)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have kind of grown to hate Christmas! So far I cashed in all my credit card points towards gift cards for my older two sons so they're taken care of, at the least!! Still not sure what to do for the little ones, they have so much junk already!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm still working up the courage to ask DH for a plan from Atomic for my Xmas pressie. He doesn't want anymore kiddies, but I expect him to come round like he did with ds3!

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha dream of pink that is now my plan too! Get the courage and ask DH for a plan lol! Mind you we don't buy each other gifts anymore but think I'll ask for money from mum and mil as they never know what yo het me anyways and I just never know what to ask for!
    I've been getting a few bits sorted for the boys but I'm so far behind this year compared to where I normally am! Ah well nevermind! lol
    gorgeous DS1

gorgeous DS2

Praying and hopefully soon swaying for a precious pink princess to further complete our family

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast