Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    XX, how scary. I hope there are no lasting effects and you're fully recovered soon. Is this something you'll have to watch the rest of your life? What kind of diet are you on for it? And does it definitely mean you can't have more children? It's one thing to decide for yourself, another to have it decided for you. Hugs hun. I'm glad you have such a sweet little one!
    My US showed my kidneys look fine, which is great! We are waiting for the UTI to clear up to test my kidney function. Ironically the kidney diet is basically the LE diet! 0.8kg per body weight in kgs., low fat, no red meat, limit lean white meat, vegetarian protein sources are best, limit chocolate, sherbet in place of ice cream, skim milk or non-dairy milks, fruit and veggies, start off with multigrain carbs but may need to switch to white carbs (potatoes, rice, and white pasta) if I get to stage 3. No caffeine and only 1 3-5oz glass of alcohol daily.

My cousin, who is 6mo younger than me, was diagnosed with kidney disease after her second child. While pregnant with her third child, her kidneys failed, she was in a coma for 5 days, and her son was delivered via an emergency C-section at 32 weeks. I could of course have more children but it's hard to say how my kidneys could handle another pregnancy.

DS1, DS2, & DS3 completes our family!

2. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do you know when you are done?

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    That's crazy XX! Hope things are figured out soon.

Regarding vitamin D, most people are deficient, including every person I know who only take 1000-2000 IU (like my mom). Before swaying, I took at least 5000 IU of vitamin D a day as my research showed that you should take 1000 IU for every 25 lbs of body weight. At that level, I've always been in the normal range (~58). During pregnancy and breastfeeding studies show that moms need at least 6000 IU daily for your breastmilk to have enough vitamin D so that your baby doesn't need supplements. I took 6800 IU when pregnant and breastfeeding. When I started swaying I stopped taking vitamin D completely and after a year it was slightly low, but not truly deficient, at 38. My endocrinologist likes it to be closer to 100, so I upped my vitamin D to 12,000 IU a day and my levels were at 99 after 4 months. My endo said vitamin D will stay in your system for about 3 weeks and after that will start dropping. I'm currently only taking vitamin D during the TWW and my level had dropped back to 58 as of two weeks ago. The doctor can prescribe you 50,000 IU vitamin D to get your levels up quickly. I took those twice a week and it brought my levels up fast. Otherwise, I take the Carlson brand of vitamin D drops. The ones that are 4000 IU per drop. My boys are around 50 and 100 lbs, so DS2 takes 2000 IU a day and DS1 takes 4000 IU. Being deficient in vitamin D will also make you much more prone to getting sick.
    Thank you! Ironically, I've been taking 2000IU since my miscarriage last October and took 5000IU through my pregnancy. Once DS3 was born, I bumped it up to 6,000IU and what is in my prenatal 800IU daily. Since I had been taking the proper amount, they are concerned my kidneys aren't functioning properly. My Vitamin D level was 4! They put me on 50,000IU bio available D3 once a week since I'm nursing. They wanted to do 50,000 2-3 times a week but that is not safe for breastfeeding. They said my UTI is from my vitamin d level being so low. So far my UTI isn't getting better and my kidney pain is still pretty bad. They will check my kidney levels and glomerular filtration rate once my infection clears up.

DS1, DS2, & DS3 completes our family!
    Last edited by XXforhubby; February 24th, 2016 at 02:44 PM.

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Holy crap that's low vitD, and I can see why you are concerned after your cousin's experience. A 5 day coma is major. I'm so glad they caught this now and not later. I wonder if all your time on the LE had a preventative effect?

All this talk off low vitD reminds me I really need to get mine checked.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234