Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From reading your post you do not sound to me like you are done, if you were I don't think you would be questioning things. I already know I want another even tho it will cause difficulties vehicle wise, I would rather have to overcome those than live with masses of regret over not having another child further down the line. the only decision I now need to make is when to have my next, not sure whether to have a smaller age gap again (so that I can "be done" with nappies etc) or to go for a bigger gap again. I said I wasn't going to have anymore after my 3rd but have not yet reached the state of feeling complete, I think I said it because of pressures from family really. Good luck with whatever you decide hun. Xxx
    2005 2008 2012 2014 2016 (sway opposite)
    Am currently with (sway opposites)

2. Thanks XXforhubby thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    After my 2nd boy I always knew I would have another, and I don't know why !silly I expected it would have been a girl 3rd time around but turns out that 3rd baby was a boy too, and instead of the longing going away after having 3 children it's got worse, but I know if we can ever make this forth one it will be our last.

4. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mandyp85 View Post
    From reading your post you do not sound to me like you are done, if you were I don't think you would be questioning things. I already know I want another even tho it will cause difficulties vehicle wise, I would rather have to overcome those than live with masses of regret over not having another child further down the line. the only decision I now need to make is when to have my next, not sure whether to have a smaller age gap again (so that I can "be done" with nappies etc) or to go for a bigger gap again. I said I wasn't going to have anymore after my 3rd but have not yet reached the state of feeling complete, I think I said it because of pressures from family really. Good luck with whatever you decide hun. Xxx
    Well we feel the same way- wondering to have a shorter age gap or a longer one. If we do try again, we will try for a 16mo+ age gap and see what happens. We both don't want the stress of TTCing so we will probably shoot for well timed BDing and see what happens.

I could very well be done though too. I just can't shake the feeling though of there being someone we haven't met yet. My DH feels it too....time will tell!

DS1🏼, DS2, & DS3 completes our family !

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Its hard isn't it, I feel same as you, that there is someone else out there for our family, I could stop at baby number 5 and may well do yet, I could feel completely differently when he is born and be happy to stop but I think in people who are just naturally maternal, its hard to be happy to stop. I will have a 15/16 month gap so will let you know how I find it, if it goes well ill probably have another small gap.

8. Thanks XXforhubby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mandyp85 View Post
    Its hard isn't it, I feel same as you, that there is someone else out there for our family, I could stop at baby number 5 and may well do yet, I could feel completely differently when he is born and be happy to stop but I think in people who are just naturally maternal, its hard to be happy to stop. I will have a 15/16 month gap so will let you know how I find it, if it goes well ill probably have another small gap.
    Ooh, I didn't realize you were going to have a smaller age gap this time around! I'll definitely be in touch and may pm you to see how things go. I'll want your perspective for sure!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mandy, were you nursing when you got pregnant this time? I'll be nursing if we decide to go for #4.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No hun I wasn't nursing, is that something you would want to incorporate into your sway? If you decide to go again. Yes my smallest gap yet, I've heard lovely things about smaller gaps so wanted to have that experience, I think having a big family anyway that subsequent babies will just fit into the family dynamics. Feel free to pm me anytime, will be happy to help if I can :-)

12. Thanks XXforhubby thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a small gap between my 3rd and 4th of 15 months. They are so close and almost in the same size 😂

There will be a 17month gap between my 4th and 5th and im hoping just as good as my last 2.

My eldest are 3 years apart but still get on well most of the time.

Mum to 4 Boys awaiting her Princess

14. Thanks XXforhubby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well my DH told me that he couldn't bear going through getting his hopes up for a DD again. He said that he's ready to put it past him and focus on our boys. While he won't get to do some of the things he's wanted to by having a DD, he feels raising boys to become great men is an honor.

I'm beginning to get used to the idea of no more babies. This makes snuggling with my DS3 all the more special .

DS1🏼, DS2, & DS3 completes our family!

16. Likes netti02 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do you know when you are done?

Well it had been decided for us that we won't be having anymore children for sure. I am being staged for kidney failure. Unbeknownst to me, my Vitamin D level is almost zero, and I have a UTI despite only having kidney pain. We were surprised my level was so low given that I take a prenatal vitamin and take 1000IU of vitamin D three times a week and have been since I was TTCIng DS3 after my miscarriage. I will know what stage I am in before the week is out. This makes me all the more thankful for my sweet DS3 . His snuggles, coos, and laughter are getting me through.

DS1, DS2, & DS3 completes our family!
    Last edited by XXforhubby; February 23rd, 2016 at 05:59 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast