Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hard saying goodbye to the baby chapter?

Wow it's been so long since I've been in here. But I greatly enjoyed it when I was on my quest for a little girl after I had 3 boys. And I'm forever grateful to this site for in fact swaying and helping me achieve my little girl!! Who I just adore and love my little family of 3 boys and a little princess. I can't believe she is now 2 yrs old . It was always this time that one of my kids was around 2 and I would get the urge to want another baby. Believe me I'm pretty sure we are done since I'm turning 39 soon and so thankful for the 4 healthy kids I have but I do wonder. Wouldn't it be nice to have a sister for my little girl? Did others go through this phase of finding it hard the baby stage might officially over? I'm sure as moms it's hard to close that door. I thought once I had my girl I would be so happily running out of the baby isle but there is still a small part who will forever miss those newborn smells, snuggles and all those beautiful moments. My dh really is the best and if I pushed it he would be ok with trying for a 5th.
    I'm trying to be honest with my self that even if I will terribly miss those baby stages I'm not sure if really going through with it is the right answer. So are these just normal feelings of realizing your babies and yourself are in fact getting older? It's really hard to believe when I've spent an entire decade of my life being pregnant, nursing, toddlers and many sleepless nights. I hope others can say the next stage is just as fun and exciting too!! Thanks for listening and please tell me how you got through it😊
    3 Beautiful Boys 742 and a little lady

My baby girl is here and we are so in love with her! Thank you gender dreaming for making my family complete!

2. Likes Georgia_Peach liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ohhh I totally know what you feel! I unfortunately don't have much advice. We are just about to do our final sway for a sister for our daughter. It will be our 4th child. It was a very tough decision that I still struggle with some days. I know people will judge us for having 4 kids as the norm now is 2 children. I also struggle with the fact that most days 3 children are tough enough.. let alone four! Lol
    And I think lastly the idea of adding one more that might not be a successful sway is difficult. I know we would love the baby no matter what the gender but i truly want a sister for her. I don't know even after 4 kids (although we would be 100% be done) if I'd ever truly feel like I am done with having babies. I too just love the baby stage! Such a tough thing to grasp... but I definitely know that your feelings are valid. I know a lot of mama's go through this.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Mama to 2 DS and 2 DD and 1 angel DD

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin2014 View Post
    Ohhh I totally know what you feel! I unfortunately don't have much advice. We are just about to do our final sway for a sister for our daughter. It will be our 4th child. It was a very tough decision that I still struggle with some days. I know people will judge us for having 4 kids as the norm now is 2 children. I also struggle with the fact that most days 3 children are tough enough.. let alone four! Lol
    And I think lastly the idea of adding one more that might not be a successful sway is difficult. I know we would love the baby no matter what the gender but i truly want a sister for her. I don't know even after 4 kids (although we would be 100% be done) if I'd ever truly feel like I am done with having babies. I too just love the baby stage! Such a tough thing to grasp... but I definitely know that your feelings are valid. I know a lot of mama's go through this.

Good luck with your sway! I love four kids and you will too! Yes it's busy and loud but fun and awesome at the same time..Yes it's hard to say it's over but I guess I can't keep having kids, or can I,lol..Good luck to you!!

My baby girl is here and we are so in love with her! Thank you gender dreaming for making my family complete!

5. Thanks Georgia_Peach thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha! Why the heck not though!? I don't think anything is wrong with lots of children! 😃
    I remember reading a blog post recently about a woman's journey through "accepting being done with babies". It was a very interesting read. She realized through her journey that what she actually yearned for was having another baby not having another child (per say). What she desperately wanted to go through again was being pregnant and those special early days with baby. I can totally relate to that.

Mama to 2 DS and 2 DD and 1 angel DD

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi snips!! What I focus on is that specialness with just me and my daughter. If I'dve been younger I know I would have really wanted to try for a sister for her (I never had a full sister or sibling, or any sister of a similar age and I wish I did) BUT I try not to indulge that angle of it, since it isn't happening for us. I try to stay focused on the specialness of being the only girl, that she and I are on the "girl team", and that many people actually don't really enjoy having a sister that much, the competitiveness, and another division of my time and attention away from her and my sons. So spin it to make a positive out of it - that's still a great gift to have, to be the only girl and to not have anyone taking that time away, yk??

I'm not saying try or don't try, I'm just saying that is what has gotten me through it because I really can't believe how little it bothers me. Just a touch every once in a while.

I do miss babies though. But then again, I am rediscovering an old friend that I had forgotten about - SLEEP.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Likes XXforhubby, Little Lunasa, BrightSky liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Hi snips!! What I focus on is that specialness with just me and my daughter. If I'dve been younger I know I would have really wanted to try for a sister for her (I never had a full sister or sibling, or any sister of a similar age and I wish I did) BUT I try not to indulge that angle of it, since it isn't happening for us. I try to stay focused on the specialness of being the only girl, that she and I are on the "girl team", and that many people actually don't really enjoy having a sister that much, the competitiveness, and another division of my time and attention away from her and my sons. So spin it to make a positive out of it - that's still a great gift to have, to be the only girl and to not have anyone taking that time away, yk??

I'm not saying try or don't try, I'm just saying that is what has gotten me through it because I really can't believe how little it bothers me. Just a touch every once in a while.

I do miss babies though. But then again, I am rediscovering an old friend that I had forgotten about - SLEEP.
    Hi!! Thanks so much! And your very right about everything you said. She is very possessive of me and would probably have hard time dividing my time more. I think we all envision this fairy tale book of what we would like out of life or for what we would like our kids to have. The reality is we are very lucky!! I think this is just as hard transition I'm going through of realizing my kids are getting older, I'm getting older and those carefree days daydreaming of what will the future look like is behind me. Honestly though I just wish we could hit the pause button on life sometimes because it all goes by way too fast!! Thanks again!!

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post