Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. Where are you living now? Did you enjoy the "adventure"? Could you PM me details of the relocation advisor as with a few families possibly moving we might be able to pitch the benefits of expertise to the company. They are paying for us all to go out next month to explore. I'm hoping we can "explore" Disneyland one day too! I'm not sure we'll be able to get them to agree on a fixed timescale but I'd like to as I think it'll help me with framing it all in my head. Agreeing however that we can go home (paid for) for Christmas would be reassuring.
    I can't see the company paying for our boys to go to private school but from a brief look, quite a lot of the coastal LA public schools seem to have good ratings. Am I right in thinking that they don't start till 4 or 5 years old though? If so we'd need the company to pay for DS3 to go to preschool as it's free here.
    I'm hoping this month's attempt will have been successful but if we are unsuccessful repeatedly AND the finance package is way more than DH's current salary, then yes, being able to drive to HRC would be a bonus.
    DH's best friend suggested an alternative plan, that he could go out for a month, then home for a month, and try that for say six months? Then see if his boss felt he was there enough and if he/I felt we could cope with the absence. It's a thought. And obviously we'd need some financial reasons to bother!
    Too much to think about! Not good for girl swaying. DH did treat me to a delicious Black Forest themed Gin and tonic earlier though. That helped :-) DSC_1089.JPG
    2009 2011 2013 (failed sway)

HRC Jan 2016 - XX transferred - BFN
    HRC May 2016 - XX FET - BFN
    TTC 2017 - BFP!
    Our beautiful baby girl was born in September 2017!

2. Likes MrsE, Kittybear liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok more advice needed. In the short term we're going to go out there and explore a bit. So where do I request us to stay? In a house rental in a potential area so we can absorb the atmosphere and really envisage how we could live there. OR a swish hotel so I don't have to do any cooking or cleaning and feels a bit luxurious. OR a Disney hotel!!! :-) :-) :-)

TTC 2017 - BFP!

4. Likes GirlieCat liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Weez, I live in Southern California. LA is HUGE so I am not sure where you guys are looking at living or hubby working. I am an hour away from LA area and about 45 min from the closest beach city and 30 min from Disneyland. Traffic is definitely something DH will want to consider when picking where to live vs the location of his work. One piece of advice on that, avoid him driving the 405 freeway as part of his commute.

For your visit, Disney is going to be fun and the kids will definitely want to move here then, but that is not reality. I would stay as close to the area you expect to live. Beach life is a night and day difference from downtown LA life and both are different than suburb life. I have lived here all my life and I still feel culture clash driving through some areas. You can be in the ghetto and pass dozen of homeless one minute and then be in the multi-million dollar homes and valet parking the next minute. There is beauty in that diversity though because it is a melting pot of people and experiences. It also means you have lots of choices on where to live and what fits your lifestyle. I am happy to help any way I can.
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

6. Likes weeziewoozles, nicoler liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How about a swish hotel in an area you might want to live in? That way you get the luxury but you can also explore the neighbourhood.

Ps that Black Forest G&T looks amazing!

8. Likes weeziewoozles liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Weezie how exciting!
    I've moved a few times and my husbands work keeps wanting him to move to the States but the package isn't good enough (yet!) plus I wouldn't work so we would lose my income. Also it's not Cali, it's a pretty boring cold state so I'm not keen.

I would move in a heartbeat if it was somewhere awesome like Asia or Cali

It's an adventure!

Also you could try HRC again, with your amazing results last time it was really just bad luck the two embryos didn't stick. I really can't believe you wouldn't have more luck this time. I know you want to be pregnant ASAP but would 6 months really make a huge difference?
    Mummy to one gorgeous little boy (2014)
    Cycle 1 HRC May 16: 10 eggs, 5 mature, 5 fertilised, 2XX normal, 3XY abnormal
    FET 1 July 16: 1 XX HBAA transferred- BFP!
    She's here! Mummy to the most perfect baby girl born April 3! Thank you Dr Potter for helping our dream come true!
    Our family of 4 is complete.

10. Likes weeziewoozles liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rubyroo83 View Post
    Weezie how exciting!
    I've moved a few times and my husbands work keeps wanting him to move to the States but the package isn't good enough (yet!) plus I wouldn't work so we would lose my income. Also it's not Cali, it's a pretty boring cold state so I'm not keen.

I would move in a heartbeat if it was somewhere awesome like Asia or Cali

It's an adventure!

Also you could try HRC again, with your amazing results last time it was really just bad luck the two embryos didn't stick. I really can't believe you wouldn't have more luck this time. I know you want to be pregnant ASAP but would 6 months really make a huge difference?
    I agree with your theory but I feel like if we put TTC on hold for work we could end up waiting forever. Who knows when this would actually happen if it does. I always feel in life that you have to prioritise what matters to you and go for it. No regrets. If we end up with a generous financial package then I'd consider HRC in the future but right now I want a baby!

TTC 2017 - BFP!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsE View Post
    How about a swish hotel in an area you might want to live in? That way you get the luxury but you can also explore the neighbourhood.

Ps that Black Forest G&T looks amazing!
    It was yum! Yes I'll suggest a family suite or apartment in a hotel in Santa Monica I think :-)

TTC 2017 - BFP!

13. Likes rubyroo83 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlieCat View Post
    Hi Weez, I live in Southern California. LA is HUGE so I am not sure where you guys are looking at living or hubby working. I am an hour away from LA area and about 45 min from the closest beach city and 30 min from Disneyland. Traffic is definitely something DH will want to consider when picking where to live vs the location of his work. One piece of advice on that, avoid him driving the 405 freeway as part of his commute.

For your visit, Disney is going to be fun and the kids will definitely want to move here then, but that is not reality. I would stay as close to the area you expect to live. Beach life is a night and day difference from downtown LA life and both are different than suburb life. I have lived here all my life and I still feel culture clash driving through some areas. You can be in the ghetto and pass dozen of homeless one minute and then be in the multi-million dollar homes and valet parking the next minute. There is beauty in that diversity though because it is a melting pot of people and experiences. It also means you have lots of choices on where to live and what fits your lifestyle. I am happy to help any way I can.
    Thank you so much for your reply. So helpful :-) I'll definitely pm you with questions!! X

TTC 2017 - BFP!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by weeziewoozles View Post
    It was yum! Yes I'll suggest a family suite or apartment in a hotel in Santa Monica I think :-)
    We stayed at Santa Monica post ER and I loved it there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes weeziewoozles liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12