Page 52 of 156 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thats a tough one kit kat. In my experience im so glad i was watching as he did the scan. If i only had 2 go by a picture and his word i would be so doubtful. Im still nervous my girl could turn into a boy for my 20 wk gender scan next week. But then i remember i saw with my own eyes multiple times the 3 lines, the tech pointed Out ��multiple times the labia. And i feel more sure and secure about that. And honestly i cant imagine u hear anything but girl.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also think that you should ask the tech to write the gender down and open it in the privacy of your own home... I did that exact thing with my third baby (which turned out to be my third son!) I literally was shaking on the table and could not handle the emotion there. I desperately wanted a girl but when I opend the paper with my DH I was not super surprised or upset....I think it helped that we were in our surroundings. But if you need a good cry I totally know how you feel! Good luck whatever you decide!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Although Blessedmama has a good point....seeing it with your own eyes may shed any doubt! Ugh this is a tough one, you have me thinking about my scan next week!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh ok Kitkat you're right I misunderstood I thought you were finding out in secret. In that case I would watch the scan & ask for reference points to prove whichever gender the sonographer says. By your other scans I'm sure you'll hear pink anyway!! That being said my husband's GD is as strong as mine & he's very conscious that he has his boys so when we hear boy (I'm certain we will) he will be very supportive to me.
    Darcy 10.4.2009 ⚓Eamon 4.07.2011⚓ Felix 15.05.2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks everyone for your kind words. Looks like I didn't O after all even though I had two days of +opks and then -opk. I never got a temp rise and instead it's plummeted to 96.7 and 96.8 the last two days! I actually thought my thermometer was broken.

I'm going to ask for a full thyroid panel next week as I'm afraid my miscarriage may have been caused by hypothyroidism. My mom is hypothyroid and so was my great grandma, and ever since starting LE diet I've been getting more and more tired (can sleep 12 hours and still wake up exhausted), have been napping daily, have had joint pain, am always freezing, and now a miscarriage and super low basal body temp which are all signs of having low thyroid function. I guess this can raise your miscarriage rate up to almost 70% in the first trimester if it's not treated.

On top of all that we're having massive urinary issues with 11 year old DS1. All of a sudden he's waking up 4-8 times in the early part of the night and peeing massive quantities, then in the second part of the night he's wetting the bed. He's also peeing every hour or so during the day. He had a finger stick blood test at the doctor's on Thursday and it was a little high and the doctor had him come back the next morning for fasting blood tests, another more thorough urine test, and then a kidney and bladder ultrasound. We won't know all the test results till Monday or Tuesday, but we're really really really hoping it's not Type 1 diabetes, which appears to be the most common cause of excessive daytime and night time urine output.

And of course, this afternoon 5 year old DS2 had to start throwing up all over the house and I remembered that just 2 days ago his teacher sent out an email saying a stomach bug was going through the class. He ended up falling asleep at 5:30 tonight without eating dinner and has already woken up two more times vomiting!

What a weekend this is becoming!!!!! I just can't catch a break!
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts!! I really appreciate everyone's input I liked the idea Mama3? Had of the potty shot and the gender in the envelope but I think I might see how I feel on the day as well it might just be too obvious at the scan!
    Essence honey sorry its pouring for you honey , last thing you need is a sick child and a stress over test results hoping DS1 does NOT have diabetes.
    Glad you getting tested for your thyroid, big hugs keep us posted X

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good heavens Essnce. What a rough trot you're having. I do know a bit about Type 1 & when you were describing your DS' symptoms my next message was going to be to get him tested... Then I read on to see you were on it. I do hope it's just coincidence. And stomach bugs, man they are the worst. It took me 12 months to get over the fear of THREE vomiting children before TTC. We actually considered stopping at two solely based on my loath of vomit!! Hang in there. There has to be sunshine coming soon for you xx

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Essence, give yourself time to 'heal' on all levels. What a tough time you are going through. I hope all settles down for you very soon. Glad to hear you have your mum to help out with your children. We are all here for you xxxx

Kitkat, it is a tough one... Have the envelope idea but you might be feeling like finding out 'live' on the day...
    I'm still confused on what I think I saw and sometimes wished I knew for sure ... I have surf the web like crazy for scan pictures in the hope to see the same round circles I saw and find an answer! My DH thinks I'm totally crazy lol

On a total change of subject, and apologies for TMI Alert!
    This am I was shaving down below and as I can't see much standing up, I had to crouch down and it felt like my all insides were going to fall out! I could actually feel and see a bulge on the right side!!! Anyone else had this? Is this normal ? Thanks!
    2003 - 2005 - 2013
    march 2012 m/c
    April 2014 ectopic pg

Faith makes things happens

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh man essence, first off im so sorry that all this is happening. I hope if u do have thyroid issues that the doctors are able to take good care of u. I pray ur ds1 does not have diabetes and that we he has has a simple solution. And i hope ds2 recovers quickly.

Kitkat just do what u feel most comfortable with at that moment. I just know ull hear girl.

Lavie they say theres more bloodflow down there and things get more swollen. I know i definitely feel Tmi bigger down there thanx to blood flow/ pressure from low lying baby. Is that what ur experiencing?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LaVie I'm sure it's something normal & just another "delightful" symptom of pregnancy however maybe just mention it to your midwife or care provider? If you weren't pregnant I would have suggested you might have a uterine prolapse which would be harmless (but annoying & uncomfortable!) but obviously in pregnancy a prolapse of something could be dangerous. I'm sure it's probably nothing & I'm just ignorant about that particular symptom but maybe just ask??

Page 52 of 156 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast