Page 61 of 255 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so sorry to hear that so many women are experiencing negative comments about being pregnant. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful and supportive family. Everyone is excited. Everyone knew we were swaying for a girl, so when we heard boy, I got lots of sympathy and loving comments. I wish I could make everyone else's families be the same. This is the time of year when people should be CHERISHING their families!! I just don't get it.

Carly, I don't think antibiotics, or any medicine would interfere with the test. It is measuring fetal DNA in your blood, that won't be altered by antibiotics.
    Mom to (2013)
    Got pregnant swaying pink on our 3rd try.
    Fingers crossed for a on June 14, 2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugee View Post
    It's so hard not to take offence but I am trying to keep positive and I'm not doing this for anyone else so they can trot on. My mum actually took it rather well so I am pleased about that. Maybe your mum will too Adia? The friend with the bad reaction so to speak has no children and doesn't want them so I just shrugged her reply as her own feelings and wants. My husband is thrilled until our two boys have a bad moment then he just sighs lol!
    Ugee, staying upbeat and positive can only deflect some of the stupid comments. Why do people who have no kids get so moody about those of us who do? I have never understood that but I have seen it plenty. I think people with no kids make some of the WORST comments about kids, gender, pregnancy, etc. No manners AT ALL!

My mum will be super supportive, over anyone. She had 7 kids and one of them was an OOPS! when she was in her mid 40's. But, she loves to talk and it will spread like wildfire in no time. I think I will wait until I know the gender in a few weeks and tell her.
    Literally, I just don't want to hear what anyone has to say, good or bad...until is bloody obvious I am not discussing this pregnancy with anyone who won't be kind and considerate.

My Gender Dreaming

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    missxo I feel your pain there. Our families didnt go that far but close. We were engaged to be married the summer DS was born. DS was a complete oopsy because apparently that condom decided it didn't want to be 99.9 percent effective. He was born in April the wedding was planned and paid for for July. What did some family say? "Why dont you just try to get all your money back and get married before he is born because he really wont be the father unless you are married" "DS needs a REAL father so just go to and sign the papers to be married you don't need a big wedding anyway..." At that time I was about 5-6 months pregnant, really hormonally angry, and was very glad they were all clear across the country because I would have strangled all of them.
    Apr 2012 June 2015

Our family is complete!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My heart is with all of you who have had family members being so inconsiderate
    I have my share of family issues, but my family has not ever been negative about our pregnancies, but it seems that friends, acquaintances are the ones who make the gender comments. Well, strangers as well. I can say that my parents never expressed a whole lot of enthusiasm about anything they should have, including hearing our baby announcements. It's always been like, oh cool, you're getting a puppy...lol. Like it is not important. I guess it's just how they are, which I guess I'm used to in a way. i guess a good way to look at it when people are treating us this way is that they either a) are really daft or clueless that they're being hurtful, b) are jealous c) are miserable and misery loves company. As for those who have no children and seem annoyed about it, that is just sad for them. Maybe they secretly wish they were in the position to have children. Either way, they can all just take a hike!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My 5 yr old son and 2 year old son are both saying I have a baby sister in my tummy, yet I haven't told any of our boys, yet. I just ask them now and then what we should have next or what they think we will have. Our oldest is 7. He'd like a sister next, but he doesn't feel like he knows anything My hopes are up, now but I'm trying not to expect that. My 5 year old said he wants a boy baby but he just knows. He our old soul and he's like a little old wise man in a boy's body. Then our two year old says "no, I don't want baby bwutha, I want baby sista in yo tummy" . It's super cute...wish they were right. I still am just waiting for the Dr. To call with my Progenity results and I'm kind of going insane.
    I had a very vivid dream last night that I'd had my baby and was finally able to hold the baby...after they took her or him out of an ice bath(!) and even though I was holding baby, the nurses said they were waiting on the blood tests to tell me if it was a boy or a girl! It was crazy! It felt so real and I was looking at the baby, feeling how the baby felt in my arms and I said to baby, "I already know you are a girl, I can just feel it." That was it. Dream done. It was just so very real...but dreams are only dreams. Sigh...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Trying not to panic...

I've had pretty good morning sickness pretty much 24/7 since 6 weeks (I just hit 10 weeks today) then yesterday and today it's suddenly COMPLETELY gone. I also cramped really bad for like an hour last night, but no blood. Now I'm getting concerned. I had bad morning sickness with both boys, the first until about 15 weeks and th second through the whole pregnancy, so of course I am concerned about miscarriage. Someone tell me not to panic!
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do not panic, Carmella! I have had strange waves of my morning sickness stopping for a full day or two and I'd worry that something was wrong only to have it return full force the next day. As for the cramping, I'd just call and ask to be checked for peace of mind, but I've had some cramping just like I'm expanding too fast, I guess and gas, maybe? Just call and ask your OB. Don't be afraid to ask. That's what they are there for. Plus, maybe you'll get an extra peek at your little one and I bet all is well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    my nausea went away around week 11. Every pregnancy is different. Cramping can be round ligament stretching and it varies by pregnancy and how much work on toning you did inbetween. I have to hold both sides of my stomach every time I sneeze otherwise I get a severe stretch pain. Definitely call your OB if you are concerned. If anything they can put your mind at ease.

3boysblessed I HATE pregnancy dreams I had my DS 2 years ago and I can still remember the worst one. I was obsessed with wanting to know what he was and all my parents side comments about how I should get rid of my dogs because people would think I had him in a bad environment. So all that stoked a very vivid dream of going to the hospital, delivering, and my baby being whisked out of the room. I later received a note that said my parents were taking my baby and when they got safely back to their home state they would mail me a card with the name they chose and the gender... I couldn't shake it for DAYS. That was gender obsession, my parents ticking me off, and my mom constantly trying to get me to move back so she could take care of baby. And if it was twins I should just give her one... She never had kids of her own and wont answer the why. I was adopted so I get it she never got the pregnancy experience but yikes on the things she says!
    Apr 2012 June 2015

Our family is complete!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebonnet22 View Post
    missxo - I know you are earlier than I am, but I have a few questions about your twin pregnancy so far. I'm 10w3d and so far this pg has been so much easier than my DS. I've had far less nausea, been much less tired, and much less hungry. I've gained less weight and my stomach is still pretty flat (compared to 10w with my son). How does this pg compare to your singleton pregnancies? I saw the babies on Monday but I'm so worried they aren't OK because this doesnt' feel like a twin pregnancy. Also I didn't get my BFP until 12 dpo and at 2 weeks the dates estimator on the CB tests only said 1-2 weeks pregnant (I would think with twins it would have said 2-3 or 3+?). Dh is telling me I'm being crazy and paranoid but it's so hard not to worry when my singleton pregnancy was so much worse.

I am much more tired with this pregnancy but I also have a bigger family to take care of this time too, my morning sickness has been the best so far than my other pregnancies. I did gain about 6lbs already, but those are the lbs I lost for my sway so that could also be why. When is your next appt? If you saw both babies and heartbeats I read that there is only a 4% chance of something bad happening. Dont feel paranoid every cramp thr thought of vanishing twin sydrome goes through my head. I was in such shock I forgot to ask any questions so my head is filled with them and I wont see my Doctor til dec 29th because he is filled with appts before the Christmas and going on vacation.
    Good luck and just try not to worry, i know very hard not too :/..
    8/06 DS, 4/11 DS, 6/13 DS, Swayed for a GIRL & am expecting TWINS!! A & A EDD 8/15

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahri View Post
    missxo I feel your pain there. Our families didnt go that far but close. We were engaged to be married the summer DS was born. DS was a complete oopsy because apparently that condom decided it didn't want to be 99.9 percent effective. He was born in April the wedding was planned and paid for for July. What did some family say? "Why dont you just try to get all your money back and get married before he is born because he really wont be the father unless you are married" "DS needs a REAL father so just go to and sign the papers to be married you don't need a big wedding anyway..." At that time I was about 5-6 months pregnant, really hormonally angry, and was very glad they were all clear across the country because I would have strangled all of them.
    DS2 was born in april also he was a kinda oops not preventing but not trying lol.
    Thats good that the wedding was paid for my close family is all within a 20mil radius so we see ttem at least twice a month usually more.
    My family is pretty cool and excited this time, but they always have an opinion ugh. Good luck hope they ease up for you
    8/06 DS, 4/11 DS, 6/13 DS, Swayed for a GIRL & am expecting TWINS!! A & A EDD 8/15

Page 61 of 255 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast