Page 98 of 142 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The thing i did have going for me is the fact that i had 2 miscarriages and a chemical before i got pregnant and my period was more heavy and irregular than ever. I had always had very light cycles. I also made sure to fast and dh had been taking ole but not super consistently anymore at that point.

All my weight was was 6 months prior though which is too far out and we had too many attempts which makes me believe it will be a boy!
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Due in Sept/Oct/Nov 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Burakoam View Post
    Congratulations emilee...

Not a single boy in this club yet that is known... Unless im missing an announcment somewhere... Rosie there is hope. I promise you just gotta hang in there. Xx i hope the pink storm hits you too for hubbys sake.. I have tremendous faith rosie that you may very well have your girl this time. And being team green will make d-day all that much sweeter if im right and you hear those infamous words "you have a beautiful baby GIRL!!" Have faith... Just a little. As more and more pink gets announced my heart shatters for anyone left who has to live with any fear of not getting their DG... I hope me and SRG are the only ones who have to feel that pain. Two is plenty. Im praying for everyone left.
    From my 12 week scan, the tech guessed boy.... But said it was still early to tell for sure. I'm holding on to hope that she was wrong....

Now I am going to vent........
    My girl name that I have picked out is Nora, I told my mom and my sister(who is 25weeks along with a girl). Her name at the time was either Mila or Maggie, just this week she told me she knows in her heart, her little girl is supposed to be named Cora......... Her husband isn't on board with Cora, partially because our name is Nora, but it is really upsetting me that she would do that! If I am having another boy I won't care as much if they go with that name, but every time she mentions it I can feel my heart rate skyrocket and I had a mini panic attack and could hardly breathe this morning when she told me her 3 year old is calling his sister Cora! Sorry to vent, yet again! I told my mom how I felt and she said she is sorry that it obviously upsets me, but she doesn't think the names sound anything alike?!? I know she is just trying to keep the peace, but Nora and Cora sound like great names for twins, not cousins that would be 10 weeks apart! That just sounds like someone couldn't come up with their own name to me!! I know I could be fretting over nothing, being my chances are this is another boy, but it's really upsetting to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Feb. '11
    Dec. '12
    Dec. '14
    Praying for 2015

3. Thanks EmileeJane thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tarasue View Post
    From my 12 week scan, the tech guessed boy.... But said it was still early to tell for sure. I'm holding on to hope that she was wrong....

Now I am going to vent........
    My girl name that I have picked out is Nora, I told my mom and my sister(who is 25weeks along with a girl). Her name at the time was either Mila or Maggie, just this week she told me she knows in her heart, her little girl is supposed to be named Cora......... Her husband isn't on board with Cora, partially because our name is Nora, but it is really upsetting me that she would do that! If I am having another boy I won't care as much if they go with that name, but every time she mentions it I can feel my heart rate skyrocket and I had a mini panic attack and could hardly breathe this morning when she told me her 3 year old is calling his sister Cora! Sorry to vent, yet again! I told my mom how I felt and she said she is sorry that it obviously upsets me, but she doesn't think the names sound anything alike?!? I know she is just trying to keep the peace, but Nora and Cora sound like great names for twins, not cousins that would be 10 weeks apart! That just sounds like someone couldn't come up with their own name to me!! I know I could be fretting over nothing, being my chances are this is another boy, but it's really upsetting to me!

Tarasue, you have every right to be upset - they are very similar! When you get your girl, no matter what anyone else calls their bub I would stick to your guns and have the name that you have always wanted... it might seem a little strange for outsiders (but who cares what they think right?) when they are new babies, but as they grow up and into adulthood I don't think it will matter at all
    I have a niece who is Madeline and I would love to use Addison..... She gets Maddi for short and I would use Addi - so I am in the same sort of boat... but I do have another name that I love just as much, so lucky in that sense. Good luck! xx

Unsuccessful HT attempt March 2015

Sway baby August 2015 @ 8 weeks **testing revealed it was a (Trisomy 16)

Chemical pregnancy start of Nov 2015

Hoping for a soon - like REALLY soon!!!

5. Thanks tarasue thanked for this post
    Likes EmileeJane liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry you are going through this Tarasue! Maybe you could try talking to your sister and tell her how you feel. Maybe she will understand. If not, then by all means use your name. FWIW, I like Nora way better anyway!

I've had that happen before too, but now looking back, my boys' names are way better anyway! I have NOT told anyone our names for a girl or a boy. 1) to avoid all the rude comments people seem to make and 2) I don't want someone to steal/copy it! It's highly doubtful on our girl name though- it is a word name, because I have a word name. They actually go together nicely ! DH is on board but is being stubborn on the middle name. I told him I don't care as long as my name I picked out is the first name !

7. Thanks tarasue thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tarasue- that is really lame of your sis. Clearly she got the name idea from you. And I agree with Immi, stick to your guns on Nora. Again, no one else will make significant connection with cousins having similar names.
    I don't like talking names with any other pregnant gals (this doesn't apply to you ladies) or people closely related to pregnant gals for fear of them stealing my name. Of course the nasty comments and opinions too. It's a rough road! Everyone's opinions on your family makeup and the names you give your child! Poor kid's not even here yet!
    Rosie you still have a chance, I'd say my sway was very lacking towards the end. The biggest factors for me were the Femara, my weight and breastfeeding. Possibly my DH tight undies you never know. Any little bit (like the miscarriages) may lean in your direction.

Atomic sagebrush- thank you so very much! My OB is pretty famous in the crunchy community here, I'm sure you've heard of him! Excited to be on my 2nd VBAC journey! So grateful for all your help!
    EmJ
    2 blue babes

9. Likes tarasue liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tara, I would also be upset. She obviously got inspired by your name. It sounds like her husband has more sense than she does. That said, I know of some girl cousins born a month apart, called Melina and Celina Their moms are also sisters, like you. Everyone laughed about it in the beginning, but now nobody cares. People get used to things. But I understand you would like to avoid the situation in the first place of course!

11. Thanks tarasue thanked for this post
    Likes EmileeJane, Adia liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks girls, I just really needed to get that off my chest. The only reason I had the name discussion with her was to make sure we didn't have the same or similar names picked out in the beginning, I never thought in my wildest dreams she would change her name after the conversation to something similar, or I obviously wouldn't have told her!!!! My sister isn't that kind of person, maybe that's what it upsets me so much, is I thought we were good on names, I had mine, she had hers. Anyway, thanks for your support girls, my husband thinks it's a pretty lame move on my sisters part as well, even if my peacemaker mom who is always sunshine and rainbows doesn't see the issue....

Feb. '11
    Dec. '12
    Dec. '14
    Praying for 2015

13. Likes EmileeJane, Burakoam, Adia liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tarasue you have every right to be frustrated! You stick with your name regardless of what sister calls hers, I'm sure it be absolutely fine and she knows it was your name all along so there be no surprises or her saying you copied her!

We have 2 perfect little

Harmony results confirm we are having a GIRL!!!! Due 23/09/2015

Our family is complete!!!

Thank you GD and Atomic you are amazing!!

15. Likes tarasue liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tara....i actually had the name Nora on my list. My cousin used it. Then my other name on the list...greta...my other cousin used. It is so frustrating when people take what we want. I personally think it wouldnt be awful to have a cora and nora in the family. Names are easy to rhyme...only so many variations. Do what you want and what makes you happy no matter the situation!
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

17. Thanks kitkat18, Burakoam thanked for this post
    Likes EmileeJane, tarasue liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am a name hoarder. I never tell anybody names I have picked out for the above reasons! On that note- seeing I don't live next door to any of you ladies- I am tossing around Nora as well. I like it. Short and sweet.

2 baby boys blessed Hoping for a little girl to complete our family
    Angel baby Decemeber 23confirmedand pregnant again nowPlease, please be my little girl!

19. Thanks kitkat18 thanked for this post
Page 98 of 142 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast