Page 118 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1415
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Failed my glucose screening...also had a bad reaction to it. near the 1 hour mark maybe about 10-15 minutes before they drew my blood my chest started to feel very tight and i started yawning like crazy and just felt completely wiped out...well the lady who drew my blood noticed all this and before i knew it i was passed out in a recliner with people trying to wake me up, keep me coherent, commenting on my slow response time etc...i thought i was being sent to see my dr because of my reaction but they took me to the ER where i received hands down the worst care possible up to but not limited to them letting some new guy do my IV where he stuck me so hard and deep i bled all over and my hand hurt during and AFTER they took the IV out..i have a nice puncture mark scar.

The worst part is my levels were high enough for me to fail, but not high enough they feel comfortable letting me skip the 3 hour test..so i have to go back and drink more of that stuff...much more...two bottles instead of 1 more...and hope that i dont go into a coma i suppose...never had this kind of reaction to the sugar test in either pregnancy not sure whats going on...they said i was behaving as if my blood sugar was very low but it was 155 so wtf?
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

My heart is full and my family is complete, even if i never got my son.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone have that experience or know someone who did that can tell me what happened? they outright refused to accept it was a reaction to the test which is just dumb..i felt fine, great even before the test and only new where my levels would have spiked supposedly did i start to feel like garbage...idk...yet despite the 'high' number i had signs and symptoms of low sugar? how flipping weird.
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    burakoam, got not advice but wanted to say thinking about you and it all sounds horrible. Really hope you get sorted soon. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We have 2 perfect little

Harmony results confirm we are having a GIRL!!!! Due 23/09/2015

Our family is complete!!!

Thank you GD and Atomic you are amazing!!

4. Thanks Burakoam thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Due in Sept/Oct/Nov 2015

Burakoam- wow! What happens is initially your body goes into shock with high numbers. Your body has to catch up and try to begin to produce enough insulin to counteract the high glucose. Enter in you passing out. Then as your body begins to produce the insulin needed to lower the glucose levels, your start to feel sick like you would have expected to initially. Then your blood sugar levels get lower than they were before you drank the drink and had your bad reaction- the so called sugar crash. This can make people feel really ill or feel like their sugar levels are high, but they are not. Does this make sense?

To recap, shock (high glucose levels), feeling ill (body trying to produce insulin needed), then feeling really sick or like your levels are too high (body coming down off high sugar levels aka sugar crash).

Last edited by XXforhubby; July 7th, 2015 at 10:15 PM.

6. Thanks aussiesmiler, Burakoam thanked for this post
    Likes EmileeJane liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire33 View Post
    EmJ, I made a thread about this exact topic a while ago:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...t-your-dg.html
    Yep Claire you got it! I also was not trying to be smug and hoped I didn't offend anyone. Just like you and others said, very protective of my boys still. Probably always will be!

Bura- sorry to hear about your test and time in ER. Can you sit down with your doctor and ask what more can be done to help you get through this in the most comfortable way possible?
    Feel better
    EmJ
    2 blue babes

8. Thanks Burakoam thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting.. I was thinking my symptoms reflected insulin shock but i went from 0-100 real fast considering the blood draw showed my numbers at 155... I wish they wouldnt make me do the 3 hr test im scared out of my mind at what more will do if one bottle did that...
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bura, I'm so sorry about your experience. Remember, no one can force you to do that test. You can tell your dr. that you are not taking that test anymore, unless he has a really really really good reason to do it, and convince you why. I mean, you're not supposed to pass out from a glucose test and have to go to the ER, that's not normal. I would NOT do that test until I've spoken to someone who knows what he/she is talking about and who can convince you that you actually need to do that test and that it won't risk your life. I must say I'm shocked that they are downplaying this the way they are. "Oh, you passed out and needed to got to the ER? No problem, let's do it all again!" Medical care is still voluntary as far as I've heard!

11. Thanks Burakoam thanked for this post
    Likes Rosie85, EmileeJane liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How horrible bura! I am with claire...refuse the test and just assume you have gd. I hope it all works out for you.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

13. Thanks Burakoam thanked for this post
    Likes EmileeJane liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hubby went with me and i was brave today and did the 3 hour test.. I handled it fine today, no bad reaction... Thankfully. I did fail though. I officially have gestational diabetes... Yay to finger sticks and diet adjustments..
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

15. Likes tarasue liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bura, I'm glad your 3 hour test went well, even though you failed. Good luck with dealing with your GD now. Bug hugs to you!

17. Likes Burakoam liked this post
Page 118 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast