Page 8 of 80 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh bre try not to worry yourself. I have been following the other due date threads and from what I have read there is no correlation between symptoms and gender. I have watched ladies think they are getting one gender because of its similarities or differences to other pregnancies and they are not very accurate guesses. Our minds play tricks with us.

Are you considering having an early blood test for gender? We probably will. Hubby and I want to know as soon as possible so we can tell the gender at the same time that we announce we are pregnant to the family and friends after the 12-13 week mark. We are only telling 4 people before the second trimester/gender known (my big sister, his grandma and 1 friend each). I am so happy to just be pregnant and so scared it won't stick that I trying not to focus on gender (but of course deep inside I am still very much hoping we get what we would prefer).
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlieCat View Post
    Oh bre try not to worry yourself. I have been following the other due date threads and from what I have read there is no correlation between symptoms and gender. I have watched ladies think they are getting one gender because of its similarities or differences to other pregnancies and they are not very accurate guesses. Our minds play tricks with us.

Are you considering having an early blood test for gender? We probably will. Hubby and I want to know as soon as possible so we can tell the gender at the same time that we announce we are pregnant to the family and friends after the 12-13 week mark. We are only telling 4 people before the second trimester/gender known (my big sister, his grandma and 1 friend each). I am so happy to just be pregnant and so scared it won't stick that I trying not to focus on gender (but of course deep inside I am still very much hoping we get what we would prefer).
    Thank you!! Ugh, this part could just zoom by lol!

However, we won't be able get a blood test unless we pay out of pocket :/. Military insurance only pays for bare minimum unless your high risk.

Just have faith!! We haven't told anyone and I'm not sur when I'll announce! Fix crossed for you!!
    Last edited by bre_cooper11; October 20th, 2016 at 01:37 PM.
    OUR CREW 01/2008, 08/2011, 12/2013, & 10/2015
    EDD Jun 2017! Swayed for IT'S A BOY!!!
    Thank you Genderdreaming & Atomic for everything!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Stopping in for some info for you bre...if you are in the states talk to your doctor about the blood tests available. Mine told me and company confirmed if insurance denied the claim I could pay as little out of pocket as 99 dollars.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds like a tough situation GirlieCat. I'm happy for now that I'm not in the position to make those kinds of decisions! I'm glad you and I are still in this!

I've felt gloomy the last week or two. I wasn't optimistic about getting the promotion I applied for, I don't feel comfortable around a certain coworker, and one of my favorite coworkers is moving from my direct team. I started seriously considering doing a six month rotation program at my company as I think I would learn a lot as well as benefit from a change of scenery, as I have been on the same team for 3.75 years now.

Luckily I got the great news that I was promoted today to the next level, as did my husband! But now I'm still feeling rather gloomy. The rotation would basically mean I wouldn't return to my current team for a year since I will also have maternity leave, or maybe not at all depending on what opportunities present themselves. And I am really quite fond of my general team and my manager and feel bad about leaving. Logically I think this rotation will be beneficial, and many people switch teams after getting promoted on our company (promotions are a bit different here than other companies), so I think I will be speaking to my manager about this on Monday.

Ahh, this is my first real job and team. Anyway, no idea if this is pregnancy-related sadness or just normal stress. I haven't really had physical symptoms - maybe peeing more often? My first OB appointment is in two weeks and I can't wait!
    28 years old, successful blue sway for baby #1 born June 2017!
    Swayed pink and expecting blue September 2019. HT for pink in 2020?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Amelia, I am sure there are hormones at play making your mind over think your work situation. Change is always a bit scary even if it is also exciting (exactly how I am sure we both feel about baby #1). Congratulations on your promotion and good luck talking to your manager about what direction you want to go in.

6. Likes MrsSparkles liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Those worrying about symptoms indicating gender well this pregnancy has been very similar to my previous ones, mostly like DS1 where I had less morning sickness than DS2. My gender scan showed girl which will hopefully still be confirmed girl this week at the 20wk scan.

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

8. Likes GirlieCat, ME MOM, honeybee37, MrsSparkles liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi everyone, Bre I've also heard what purple said about gender and symptoms not correlating so try not to worry...
    I'm 4+5 today. So early... just want to fast forward a few weeks! We are having major house building and renovation done and I'm really paranoid about all the chemicals and dust. They painted 2 weeks ago and I can still smell it... it's bothering me loads!
    Mrs Sparkles, really glad the cramping calmed down! I've had a bit on and off and I swear my stomach is sticking it out.. I think with ds2 I popped out pretty much immediately too. Or it could be bloating, ha! Yes I have first midwife a week on Monday (all being well).. how about you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks bre_cooper11 thanked for this post
    Likes GirlieCat liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Ladies

How is everyone doing ?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Weird question ladies- these prego apps and such that say what is happening to baby each week are confusing me with dates. If first day of last AF is day 1, then I am day 39. Was day 1-7 week 1 or week zero? I ask because I know I am 5 weeks and 4 days but if day 1-7 is week 1 and day 7-14 is week 2 then day 29-35 would be week 5 does that mean I am in the 6th week or in the 5th week because I am 5w4d? I hope that made sense. Sorry for being picky, I just want to be sure.

Other news, nausea has started but only if I go too long without eating or smell something terrible. Gonna put some crackers or granola bars in my purse so I am not caught in a situation where I need food.
    I am traveling to see my sister later this week on the other side of the country (trip planned long before I was prego) and she will be the first person I tell other than hubby. She is one of my best friends so I am excited to tell her and have her to talk to about it.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your input Bura!!! Military insurance is a Hospital Managed Care, which is actually the division where I work- so, I am 1,000% it would be denied...I haven't announced it anyone I work for, they're going to end up finding out through a referral or insurance claim, lol!
    But, that you so much for this!! 99.00 is much more affordable and I also plan to call lapcorp tomorrow! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
    OUR CREW 01/2008, 08/2011, 12/2013, & 10/2015
    EDD Jun 2017! Swayed for IT'S A BOY!!!
    Thank you Genderdreaming & Atomic for everything!!!!

Page 8 of 80 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast