Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i am 20 weeks tomorrow and have known since i was 11 weeks...only in the last 2 weeks or so have i really accepted it. So if you are feeling any shade of better there is still hope it will get easier for you and interjecting my opinion for a moment would say that you should get the 'official' answer...you never know if you will be surprised. I agree yours looked very boyish, but i have seen ultrasounds that shock with last minute results...I am one that gets over things fast normally too JDD, not easily bothered either because i know when i stress i stress BIG so i try and limit what stresses me out...and this is still taking a while for me. But i also know this is my last baby, i refuse to do this again. I hate pregnancy. and so maybe what you are struggling with is more of the fact you feel this is probably your last baby too...its harder to accept and takes longer when its so final, vs your last pregnancy where you say you accepted it pretty fast...but you also knew you had at least one more try for your girl.
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

My heart is full and my family is complete, even if i never got my son.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When does this get easier? This so painful, I am bearly functioning I get very little sleep and am so full of anxiety I wake frequently during the night thinking I have slept in. I just feel so sad. I so wish I had never tried for another baby, I have stopped telling people am pregnant, I have friends that don't know. I don't want to talk about the baby or think about it! I feel sorry for it, imagine causing this much upset just for something you did not choose, I am such a wretched person!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I am glad I found out with DS2 as I tend to get hit pretty hard with baby blues and if I had GD on top of that then I may have got PND after him. Instead I was prepared for my baby boy and tried to soak up every last bit of my 'last' baby.

I'm sorry you are struggling at the moment Girlie I'm sure the others will have some wise words to share as unfortunately lots in this group have been through what you are feeling. It does sound like it will get easier but it will be really hard for a little while.

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Girlieplease, I went through the same emotions/thoughts after finding out about DS3. I felt awful for wishing I would have skipped TTC that cycle and feeling resentful he wasn't a girl. I had a hard time connecting with the baby and what made it worse was not having anyone IRL to talk to about it other than DH. I felt angry, bitter, and sad. PLEASE don't feel bad. We're only human and we can't help what we feel. What's important is you recognize your true feelings and deal with them now rather than after baby is born. It's important that you talk about your feelings with someone because keeping it all bottled up only makes it worse. I'm almost 35 weeks now so I've had time to adjust to the idea (never thought I would!!) and now I'm OK with another boy. I'm finally at a point where I'm excited to meet him. I've actually run into quite a few moms in the past month or so that have 3-4 boys and they all say they really hoped for a girl so it's nice to know we're not alone in the universe! If you need anyone to talk to, feel free to PM me.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

5. Likes Lissastick liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlieplease View Post
    When does this get easier? This so painful, I am bearly functioning I get very little sleep and am so full of anxiety I wake frequently during the night thinking I have slept in. I just feel so sad. I so wish I had never tried for another baby, I have stopped telling people am pregnant, I have friends that don't know. I don't want to talk about the baby or think about it! I feel sorry for it, imagine causing this much upset just for something you did not choose, I am such a wretched person!
    You are allowed to feel all your feelings, but you are NOT a wretched person. At all. You are sad and everyone here understands and empathizes with you.

I think you have to accept that you will feel awful before you feel good. Work through what you are feeling. Let yourself be. But, you are not a bad person to have these feelings!

*big hugs*

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    DS 1 Born August 2013
    DS 2 (Due May 15th, 2017)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I finally had my appointment with my midwife today as it got delayed twice because of her attending births. She seems really nice so that is good. She came to my house which makes everything so much easier. The boys got to listen to bubs heartbeat and DS1 even used the doppler, she was very good at involving the kids.

8. Likes Magical22, Cinss liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purple View Post
    I finally had my appointment with my midwife today as it got delayed twice because of her attending births. She seems really nice so that is good. She came to my house which makes everything so much easier. The boys got to listen to bubs heartbeat and DS1 even used the doppler, she was very good at involving the kids.
    That is great!!! I wish mine came to my house so i didn't have to drag the boys everywhere

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jenren View Post
    That is great!!! I wish mine came to my house so i didn't have to drag the boys everywhere

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    It is great.. and weekend appointments are awesome too as I'm working in the week. The midwife I had with DS1 through the same hospital midwife group made me go in to the hospital for appointments so I thought I would have to do that again. If all goes well I shouldn't have to go anywhere near a hospital

11. Likes Cinss liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sent from mTalk
    :

13. Likes Magical22, Cinss liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Had my scan today my sister in law had hers y2day and we have the exact same due date! What do u think gender is??

Sent from mTalk
    :

Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast