Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purple View Post
    Christmas is almost over here. I hope everyone had a nice Christmas, is still enjoying the day or is about to have a great day

We found out my BIL and SIL are expecting a baby in July. I know they just started ttc after her 40th so she must have conceived straight away... I did have a moment of why was is so easy for her yet it took me 18 months including 2 miscarriages but I know I should just be happy for them as I don't really want to wish that pain on anyone. Will be interesting to see if they have a girl or boy. They were "trying" for a girl but I don't think they specifically swayed or know about swaying. They have a boy already who is a year older than my first so it will be a big age gap.

Anyway, it will mean two new babies in the family next year after over 5 years (my DS2 is the youngest on that side) so that will be exciting.
    I get these feelings as well, my silver is not very nice and she is currently pregnant. She announced that she was expected DD2 at a family gathering the night before I was due to be induced with ds2, 2 weeks after her scan. She then approached me to say she was sure I was gutted that dd was not getting a sister and how fortunate that she felt to be able to give her dd a sister. She is pregnant again at 41, no effort at all and I know this time she will have a boy and just be insufferable, I hope she has a third dd, I know,that is awful. She isnt particularly maternal or nice to her children and I think it's so unfair that life just seems to work out for her. She always adds significantly to my gender disappointment! X

2. Thanks Butterflies buttercups thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Two of my friends, not close friends have announced that they are expecting, both have three boys and we spoke at attach up last may about our feelings about our family make up, it was closest I have come to having a conversation about gender disappointment so curious to find out what they are having, they both want a girl, we shall see x

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My sister in law is due the exact same day as me she has a son already and i said from.day one that I will have another boy and she will get a girl. Then ramzis confirmed what I had said, its correct for me and she find out Jan 13th it will be a tough day for me if she does say girl...im telling them all tomorrow that we are having our 5th boy they are all assuming it will be a girl so I have to act like oh its fine we are only destined for boys we are not bothered about having a girl etc..finding out y2day took its toll i thought i was fine then found myself crying the rest of the day..i feel much better today and have pretty much chosen his name which has helped x merry Christmas everyone xxx
    :

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by All*blue*everything View Post
    My sister in law is due the exact same day as me she has a son already and i said from.day one that I will have another boy and she will get a girl. Then ramzis confirmed what I had said, its correct for me and she find out Jan 13th it will be a tough day for me if she does say girl...im telling them all tomorrow that we are having our 5th boy they are all assuming it will be a girl so I have to act like oh its fine we are only destined for boys we are not bothered about having a girl etc..finding out y2day took its toll i thought i was fine then found myself crying the rest of the day..i feel much better today and have pretty much chosen his name which has helped x merry Christmas everyone xxx
    You are fantastic, but is natural that you would have some tears, when you hoped it was something and it was not. Sometimes I think my sadness is less to do with the baby and more to the end of a dream, but having other family members pregnant at the same time is a real bummer! To me it just heightens gender disappointment. I still have friends that don't know that am pregnant. I dont see them that often, I just at times am struggling with how I feel myself and am not sure how I will cope with comment about the gender, want to wait until am more in charge of myself, I cannot face others comments! X
    Last edited by Girlieplease; December 25th, 2016 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Spelling errors

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlieplease View Post
    You are fantastic, but is natural that you would have some tears, when you hoped it was something and it was not. Sometimes I think my sadness is less to do with the baby and more to the end of a dream, but having other family members pregnant at the same time is a real bummer! To me it just heightens gender disappointment. I still have friends that don't know that am pregnant. I dont see them that often, I just at times am struggling with how I feel myself and am not sure how I will cope with comment about the gender, want to wait until am more in charge of myself, I cannot face others comments! X
    Thank u, that's what it is for me, not sad at this baby just the pictures we have in our head when we dream of a daughter that's been taken away again...hubby said we could look into adopting a daughter in the future, although im not sure we will look that inviting with our crazy noisy household we would prob get rejected!
    :

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My SIL is actually nice so I do hope she has a girl as I know she has always wanted one too. I just can't believe how easy it was for her to get pregnant but I think it seems to be the case for lots of women I know. I remember last time she was pregnant she hated it so much and I had to listen to her complain about pregnancy when we were ttc our first but having issues. Although now having been pregnant a few times there is a lot to complain about so I can't really blame her too much

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

8. Likes Burakoam liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Purple you are a beautiful person and I just want to say reading your post (lots of your posts really) makes me smile.

My sister in law is 10 years older than my husband and she has always felt she raised him And her very own baby left her when he moved out of state to be with me.. so when she found out she was having a son of her own and not just a little brother anymore she was glowing and radiating such joy. I was so happy for her that my GD just couldn't rear its head.

Merry Christmas everyone.
    IMG_1945.JPG
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

My heart is full and my family is complete, even if i never got my son.

10. Likes Magical22, Cinss, purple, TaytumJ liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Burakoam View Post
    Purple you are a beautiful person and I just want to say reading your post (lots of your posts really) makes me smile.

My sister in law is 10 years older than my husband and she has always felt she raised him And her very own baby left her when he moved out of state to be with me.. so when she found out she was having a son of her own and not just a little brother anymore she was glowing and radiating such joy. I was so happy for her that my GD just couldn't rear its head.

Merry Christmas everyone.
    IMG_1945.JPG
    What a neat bump! Am massive at only 20 weeks! X

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lissastick and jj1017 how are you guys doing? Hope you had a good Christmas x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you all eating heaps of a particular food? Ive started munching on ice every day, frozen drinks too which I never normally drink

Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast