Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Those feelings get easier with time but I'm not sure they go away. I think I was ready to move on and accept two boys when I got my bfp for this one.

My dad finished painting my nursery yesterday so it is ready to start putting furniture in although now I want to get all the carpets cleaned first.

2 months today until my due date! It seems so close yet so far when you are getting more and mor uncomfortable! 1 month until work is finished!! I can't wait to rest, I haveva chesty cough and sore throat I cant seem to shake at the moment. I was already breathless so this isn't helping.

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I accepted two boys before I got pregnant. I've always been pretty negative about myself. I never thought I had a chance conceiving a girl. Only because I got what I wanted the first time, considered myself extremely lucky and didn't think that would happen again. And yeah, so I thought it would be a boy. I wasn't really getting my hopes up for a girl. My husband did. He just imagined we'd have one of each because he wanted that and my son prefers playing with girls, so just wanted a sister. I think they are more disappointed than I am!!

But, I am disappointed. Just, not in the same way as them, I guess?
    DS 1 Born August 2013
    DS 2 (Due May 15th, 2017)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Everyone has their own reasons for preferring a particular gender and I guess everyone handles the disappointment differently.

Aghh.. I'm struggling today having to sit at my desk. I just want to go home and lie down. Sorry... I will try not to complain the next 2 months! I'm sure everyone is uncomfortable... or will be soon

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

4. Likes Pink2016 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lindz View Post
    My husband started building the crib, excited to start getting the nursery decorated. Only 7 weeks or so to go. They were worried about my blood pressure, so they gave me an ultrasound to be on the safe side. Everything looked great and he was weighting about 3 pounds. I was hoping there miraculously wouldn't be a penis but no such luck, it was clear as day. He did look cute though like his brother. Still feeling crazy amounts of jealousy every time I see a baby girl or someone announces they're expecting a girl. Wish I knew how to make those feelings go away, and just be happy with what I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lindz, I think this is all very much part and parcel of gd. I had my 20 week scan last week and although I know from the harmony test that am having my third boy, I still hoped against hope it was wrong. I had found a few cases on the Internet that suggested it could be wrong, but these are very rare. Alas, it was confirmed at u/s that he is indeed a boy, I think it made my 20 week scan more difficult than I thought it would be. I still get jealous feelings as well, my sister in law's sister had a baby in December, she already has a dd and was convinced this was a boy and of course it's a gorgeous baby girl! Am hoping also that these feeling easy with time! Be gentle with yourself! X

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had my 20 week scan last week, it confirmed we are having a boy. I was still holding on to the crazy notion that the harmony test was wrong but alas no. I found the scan difficult but baby is healthy so that is great. I did not cry or anything and in fact it could of been worse, however, my dh was upset afterwards. He expected as soon as I saw the baby I would just fall in love with it and was bitterly disappointmented that it did nor happen. In some ways for my part I was not as upset as I thought I would be and I did think he was unbelievably cute sucking his thumb, to me it was progress and hope that I will get over this blasted gd but interestingly it was not enough for my dh! We never really discussed gd before as I suppose it was much milder with my other two. To me it's going to be on going process were at time I feel fine about it and other times sad.

Anyway here is a photo of the wee man sucking his thumb! DSC_0615.JPG

7. Likes Burakoam, Cinss, Magical22 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm thread crashing! Girlieplease, be kind to yourself. My DH has had GD all three times too, when we heard boy. He said that it is an ongoing process that you just learn to deal with over time. It doesn't really ever go away but it lessens as time goes on.

(((Hugest Hugs)))

DS1, DS2, & DS3
    One Last Pink Sway

My Ovulation Chart

9. Thanks Burakoam thanked for this post
    Likes Magical22, Lissastick liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Girlie i am happy your baby boy is healthy and sucking away in there...and happy and proud for you that you handled better than even you thought you would. He really does have the most adorable profile.
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

My heart is full and my family is complete, even if i never got my son.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Purple..complain away. its what we are here for and i am certain others will be complaining too as will I...the last 2-3 months are so brutal on our bodies. Ugh.
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

My heart is full and my family is complete, even if i never got my son.

12. Likes purple, Girlieplease, Pink2016 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlieplease View Post
    I had my 20 week scan last week, it confirmed we are having a boy. I was still holding on to the crazy notion that the harmony test was wrong but alas no. I found the scan difficult but baby is healthy so that is great. I did not cry or anything and in fact it could of been worse, however, my dh was upset afterwards. He expected as soon as I saw the baby I would just fall in love with it and was bitterly disappointmented that it did nor happen. In some ways for my part I was not as upset as I thought I would be and I did think he was unbelievably cute sucking his thumb, to me it was progress and hope that I will get over this blasted gd but interestingly it was not enough for my dh! We never really discussed gd before as I suppose it was much milder with my other two. To me it's going to be on going process were at time I feel fine about it and other times sad.

Anyway here is a photo of the wee man sucking his thumb! DSC_0615.JPG
    Wow he is sooo gorgeous!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes Burakoam liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm being really lazy about going over all my hypnobirthing materials again. I'm supposed to be reading the book again and downloading some relaxation tracks on my phone. Been procrastinating.

I need to start writing birth affirmations on my mirror again too.

We'll be requesting an approval for a homebirth at my next appointment! I'm a little more than a half hour away from my birth center, so it has to be approved. It's much cheaper and will work better for me and my family.

I'm excited and nervous about baby coming!!!!

I had a dream about him last night too. He's always so happy in my dreams ❤❤❤
    My first son was not a happy baby at all. Haha 😂

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    DS 1 Born August 2013
    DS 2 (Due May 15th, 2017)

16. Likes purple liked this post
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast