Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinss View Post
    Yep its standard here in Australia, I had to do it twice as I am considered "advanced maternal age" and they have lowered the numbers for a positive result so lots more women are being diagnosed with it.
    Yes this was me he he
    Taurus chic ♉Mom to
    2008 .Baby boy born 2009 now my Angel MC 2011 2012
    2016 Confirmed BFP!!! June 2016

Baby Girl born Feb 2017
    My Successful Girl Sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...tml#post870111

considering to retry for another girl october 2017
    Confirmed BFP hoping for more pink dust 💖

Due 17th of August 2018 born 27th August 2018
    My 2nd Successful Girl Sway : http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...tml#post974086

2. Likes Cinss liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlieCat View Post
    Thread crashing to just say that I know seeing pigeon pairs is difficult when that is your dream and desire, but just remember that it might not be for the woman having a pigeon pair. Not everyone wants one of each and they could still be having gender disappointment. I have a friend with both a girl and a boy and she was devastated when her second was a boy. She wanted two girls very much and wanted a sister for her daughter. There are several newer ladies on the forums that I have seen in the TTC threads that are swaying for the gender they already have and not trying for one of each. Gender desire and disappoint come in so many shapes and sizes so although it may hurt you and rightfully so because that is your dream, it might help to remember that the pigeon mom may not feel the joy that you would with one of each. To each his own...
    Uh...of course I know that. Everyone I happen to know who has pigeon pairs wanted just that...and got that very easily.

And I didn't want a pigeon pair to begin with anyway. It evolved (or devolved - haha) into that.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    DS 1 Born August 2013
    DS 2 (Due May 15th, 2017)

4. Likes Burakoam liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sammi measures 31 weeks even though i hit 30 weeks tomorrow...not surprised since she was 2 pounds 15 ounces at 28 weeks i imagine she is a good amount into the 3 pound range at this point lol...i have a head cold and am totally miserable atm. Always been a daddy's girl and we found out he needs a triple bypass. serious enough they cancelled someone elses surgery to fit him in to the surgery rotation sooner..and its still a week out. Doctor probably thinks im full of shit too because finding babies heartbeat i was trying to tell her she is on the left, but she insisted the right was where she was hearing her heartbeat..so she makes the joke "well if your heart rate has been 130-140 id be concerned" To which i said at points it had been so she took my pulse and of course its not high when ive been sitting on my butt in a doctors office..she should measure it when i spend 6 hours cleaning out my closet like i did on Tuesday..but i just think she probably said to herself "this lying sack of shit" lol..

I see the endo later today and i'll get all my results back and my ultrasound information of my thyroid....
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

My heart is full and my family is complete, even if i never got my son.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing showed up on thyroid ultrasound. TSH still dropping. They have ruled out hashimotos and Graves' disease so all that's left is to wait for baby to be born and then I get to have a brain scan to check out my pituitary gland. Doc also thinks I need metaformin with my blood sugars or some kind of medication. So I am logging them this weekend and calling him Monday to see what medication I need if anything..
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh Burakoam! I'm so sorry that this is taking much longer to get you much needed treatment !

Metformin is fine to take in pregnancy, if it is needed to regulate your blood sugar. It is a category B. I would definitely give that a try to see if you respond well to it before moving to insulin. Insulin can be challenging to find the right dose and the right types that work.

(((Huge Hugs)))

DS1, DS2, & DS3
    EDD 9/30/2017 for pink

My Ovulation Chart

8. Thanks Burakoam thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is what I don't get.. I got my meter today to test over the weekend for the doctor.. my sugar before dinner was 87...normal... I ate dinner and he said to eat my regular diet and I did.. I had velveeta and meat (tastier version of hamburger helper if you will) and I drank a 7 up..testing time and my sugar is 114. Wtd? I want to be happy my sugar is normal and also because I won't need metaformin but seriously wtf? Should I be worried my meter isn't working right? How do I get 230 with a glucose drink and get diagnosed diabetic and eat a decent 'carby' meal and get passing sugars? 'Has anyone experienced this?
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Burakoam yes in my last pregnancy I did. If you eat a ton of fat with a meal it has the potential to delay the spike. So there would be times when I had carbs that should've put me over but all the fat must've either delayed the spike or countered it. I never really checked if I spiked much later because I just figured it was a pass and left it be. When are you testing? An hour after or two hours after?
    2013 & 2015 & 2017 (Sway opposite)
    HT for 2019

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Book that came with the meter and endo said 1 HR. I figured that was okay since when they do the glucose test they draw your blood every hour? I mean with the drink in 1 HR I was at 170 the first time and the 3 HR test after 1 HR I was 230 so I'm sitting here really stumped. I believe that meat had a lot of fat lol.. also lots of protein.. it still threw me off to see that nice perfect number
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My doctor always had me testing at 1 hour after finishing my last bite and I had to be under 120. For a while I doubted I even had it because my numbers were great. Then at about 32 weeks they just kept getting higher and higher. It's only when I tested as a non-pregnant person that I saw the difference. I never got above 93 one hour after.

I started testing this pregnancy last week when I turned 13 weeks. Yesterday was my first number of concern which was 120 an hour after. Although that could be a normal number in a non-diabetic or a non-pregnant person, it's making me think the diabetes is coming back. I have my first glucose Monday so interested to know if I'll pass for the next 4 weeks or not. But long story short---you may be someone who can just do the diet control and not need metoformin if your numbers stay good. I think the reason your doc jumped to that is because anything over 200 is considered next level and usually meds are needed.
    2013 & 2015 & 2017 (Sway opposite)
    HT for 2019

13. Thanks Burakoam thanked for this post
    Likes pinkinthestars liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's interesting to see the differences in number between countries I test every 2 hours after a meal and my spikes are always higher later on due to carbs being absorbed slower, my reading have always been reasonable with diet and exercise control but I have noticed lately hitting 36 weeks and 3 days my levels in the mornings after sleep are spiking for no apparent reason, I still eat the same I'm hoping I don't end up needing medication.
    Taurus chic ♉Mom to
    2008 .Baby boy born 2009 now my Angel MC 2011 2012
    2016 Confirmed BFP!!! June 2016

Baby Girl born Feb 2017
    My Successful Girl Sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...tml#post870111

considering to retry for another girl october 2017
    Confirmed BFP hoping for more pink dust 💖

Due 17th of August 2018 born 27th August 2018
    My 2nd Successful Girl Sway : http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...tml#post974086

Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast