Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Keep pumping, it helps. Establishing supply can be tricky, especially when you're supplementing. Remember breastfeeding doesn't have to be all or nothing, any amount of breast milk you can give is beneficial. If you're only getting a few drops pumping, I might try alternating pumping with hand expressing- the first few days my son got colostrum and milk by syringe in addition to nursing and formula supplements.

You're doing a good job, Mama.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
    K 2012 C 2014 Baby C Nov 2017

2. Likes Mummyof4boys liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    GirlieC, I am sorry you are having trouble with the milk supply. I hope it will get better soon. Meanwhile your little girl will do fine on supplements.

Sparkles, can't wait to hear from you.

Mother to 3 boys ❤️ and pregnant with a baby girl due in June 2017 . DW (42) DH (40)
    3 beautiful & now pregnant with a baby girl due June 2017

Thank you everyone in this site and in particular Atomic for amazing support during my sway. I am for ever grateful.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I gave birth to my daughter Yesterday. Labour was quick, all naturel and without any complications. It was a water birth and it took around 30 minutes. My little girl was 3700 gram and measuring 52 cm. We are all so happy and thankfull that everything went smooth and our girl is healthy. Her 3 big brothers are very kind to her and showing great comfort.

Mother to 3 boys ❤️ and pregnant with a baby girl due in June 2017 . DW (42) DH (40)
    3 beautiful & now pregnant with a baby girl due June 2017

Thank you everyone in this site and in particular Atomic for amazing support during my sway. I am for ever grateful.

5. Likes Mummyof4boys, amelia, Shannshaff, purple liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Due June/July/August 2017 (2)

Huge congrats Dreamsister! She is SO precious! Look at those cheeks ! Give them a kiss for me!! I'm so glad everything went well, since it was so fast!! Good job mama!!

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

7. Likes Dreamsister liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Huge congrats Dreamsister. She is adorable. So happy for you that labor went well. Very exciting to see so many had their babies this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats Dreamsister! She is divine <3

successful sway 2017
    successful sway 2019
    baby girl #3 due mid 2023

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations Dreamsister! GirlieCat don't worry; you caught the issue quickly! Some people go much longer than that unintentionally starving their baby! It was one of my big worries.

We've also been seeing a ton of lactation consultants. I have oversupply, but Hunter has issues with latching. The latest consultant thinks he has a possible tight exterior frenulum and lip tie. She thinks it's mild and that's why using the nipple shield has been working enough to correct it. We will see the pediatric dentist for a consultation on Tuesday and possibly do the procedure on Friday. The grandparents are all super anxious about it ("maybe he'll grow out of it") but we're pretty sure it'll be the right thing to do to correct it so that I can feed without a nipple shield. The shield is annoying but more critically, it has also been known to sometimes lower supply so I'm pumping one time a day now to make sure to maintain supply which isn't ideal. Ideal is to feed without a shield and pump only when I want to.
    28 years old, successful blue sway for baby #1 born June 2017!
    Swayed pink and expecting blue September 2019. HT for pink in 2020?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thinking of you Sparkles. Hope you n Bub are doing well xx

successful sway 2017
    successful sway 2019
    baby girl #3 due mid 2023

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlieCat View Post
    I have seen the lactation special more times than I can count. She came in my room multiple times while I was in the hospital. I had colostrum but pretty much dried up now. It has been exactly 4 days since birth.
    I started pumping yesterday and haven't gotten more than a couple drops out. I am going to keep going at it today and see.
    Anyone been put on Metformin to help milk supply? (I was on it to conceive too). Doc refilled my prescription yesterday. Not sure yet how I feel about taking it.
    I cried when we saw how much weight baby lost- almost a pound in 38 hours from birth. And seeing nothing come out when pumping. I was starving her and had no clue. It has been an emotional 24 hours for me. Ugh.
    Just chiming in for a moment. If you had a hospital birth and were hooked up to an IV, the baby will have extra weight on her which will drop rather quickly. The baby won't drop an entire pound in one day of muscle and fat. Also, remember that a newborn's stomach is the size of a marble so all she needs are a few drops, not ounces, of milk. One more thing is, you can't possibly pump big amount of milk so early on, it takes lots and lots of pumping sessions to even start to see a few ounces. I never was able to pump more than 2 ounces at a time and I had PCOS when DD was a newborn. This was also after months of trying by the way. Some women's breasts don't respond well to pumps and the output you get from a pump isn't equivalent to what a baby can get out with their mouth.

I would suggest hiring a private lactation consultant. We had a very rough, very painful 2 weeks and my DD barely got anything out of me due to a bad latch and my PCOS. She did lose weight, so I tell you from experience that weightloss due to not eating doesn't happen overnight. I finally hired a lactation consultant who came one time, latched her on properly, weighed her before and after and the rest is history, she BF'd for 2.5 years. The hospital lactation consultant had given us the green light before we left by the way.

Don't beat yourself up hun. You are doing your best. Keep latching her on and the milk will come. She doesn't need much right now, in spite of what you may have been told
    Last edited by cosmosis; June 26th, 2017 at 07:38 PM.
    CTNC, FDNIT | Holistic Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach
    DD '07 SDS '14 Hoping for 2017

13. Likes Kittybear, purple liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all for the advice and support. I am taking it day by day. Most I have gotten in a single pumping session is just under an ounce both boobs combined. That is a lot though. Average is about half ounce or less. Baby has weigh in today so hopefully she will have gained a little with the supplemental.

Sparkles- I am thinking of you. Hoping your just too busy enjoying your baby boy to post an update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast