Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Chances of Boy After Three Girls?

I conceived DD1 on a miscarriage cycle. DD2 and DD3 both were Clomid babies. This little one was conceived while breastfeeding DD3 and on the mini pill. I know Clomid could've swayed DD2 and DD3 into being girls (if that makes sense).

What are my real chances of a boy with this baby given my scenario? My gender scan is on Saturday, but I'm just trying to prepare myself. I'm kinda scared either way, but I do find myself daydreaming about a baby boy so very much. Sometimes I think my chances of a boy are good and other times I feel hopeless.
    April 2005 March 2007 October 2009 June 2011

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure but wanted to send you blue dust for Saturday!!!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow BF and the pill! Determined little one! Well, 50/50 pretty much each time. If you look at the odds of having 4 kids of all the same gender, there was an article written years ago in Chance magazine that analyzed a set of data that happened to contain gender data in it and they found that after 3 girls, the odds of having a boy were 52.7%(up from the 49% that is the usual girl stat).

The odds of having a family with 4 kids of the same gender from that data is 12.5% but when you look at each time, you go right back to the same 50/50 odds- but perhaps you have more of a chance at a boy according to that article! I hope you see blue!!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am not sure but I hope you hear blue on Saturday - sending you all my blue dust!! x

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sending all my blue dust to you x
    5:bigboy 2013 and expecting July 2015

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    Wow BF and the pill! Determined little one! Well, 50/50 pretty much each time. If you look at the odds of having 4 kids of all the same gender, there was an article written years ago in Chance magazine that analyzed a set of data that happened to contain gender data in it and they found that after 3 girls, the odds of having a boy were 52.7%(up from the 49% that is the usual girl stat).

The odds of having a family with 4 kids of the same gender from that data is 12.5% but when you look at each time, you go right back to the same 50/50 odds- but perhaps you have more of a chance at a boy according to that article! I hope you see blue!!
    Yes, you could say the baby was determined to be! The doctors had told me I didn't even need BC because my hormone levels were so low, but I told them I'd feel better if I went on it. I'm pretty sure timing was right on for a boy and I had tons of CM that cycle. Not sure why. I'm thankful I didn't pay much attention to it and we have this one on the way, though!

Thanks for all the blue dust! I'm hoping it helps me on Saturday.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I conceived a beautiful baby boy while breastfeeding!!

I have read that the pill may up your odds of pink slightly, but there are so many other factors at play. It is NEVER hopeless. I read the same article as nuthinbutpink and statistically, having a boy after three girls IS more likely than 50-50 odds.

Sending you massive quantities of blue dust!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for all the blue dust ladies!

Tomorrow is the day and I'm not to the point I'm kinda blah about it. DD1 is really worked up over the ultrasound. She wants us to have like 10 more kids. The more the merrier. She's really hoping for a baby brother and I hope if it is a girl she won't be disappointed.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't wait to see your update and please post when you know!!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    I can't wait to see your update and please post when you know!!
    I will most definitely update you ladies tomorrow afternoon complete with ultrasound pictures. I don't have any real feelings of what the baby will be, but I'm not gonna be surprised at all if it's DD4 for us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast