Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm right there with you. And yes, it is possible to grieve for the daughter you don't have. It's the loss of a future you expected, that you wanted. It's the grief of what could have been but wasn't.

I relate to the constant struggle - I want to try for a girl, but how can I possibly manage 3 children. It's a challenge to manage 2. The other piece is how do you reconcile the financial responsibilities? I constantly think about what is more important...an attempt for a girl (with an opposite being a real possibility) or the type of lifestyle that having only 2 children would allow us to have. I also have a hard time because I have 2 healthy boys (have had 3 m/c) and feel like I don't want to push my luck....

Anyway, this wasn't supposed to be about me! I understand the feelings of grief and loss and grapple with feelings of guilt and selfishness (it's selfish for me to want another child when DH isn't all that keen and it's selfish of me to not want another child to have a certain lifestyle). Ugh.

I hope today is a better day for you....and that any chocolate you had assisted wtih feeling better :P Be kind to yourself, we all have hectic days filled with a whirlwind of emotion! It will be okay

Angie
    (Dec 2006) (May 2007) (April 2008) (June 2009) (Oct 2010)
    Praying for a little to complete our family.
    Utrasound at 18w5d says we are expecting our first daughter!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You know I think I worry more with each pregnancy and child because I feel like my luck will run out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Feb 2006 Oct 2007 March 2010 Oct 2013

Hoping the future holds a for us......

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 2boysJustOneGirl View Post
    Somedays I really think I will never be happy again. Always in the back of my mind is that daughter, the one who doesn't exist. On the bad days, when I am so tired and drained from my two boys, I accept never having another baby, never having my girl because I can barely handle two kids, never mind three. And with that acceptance comes so much grief I am almost numb. Imagine grieving something you never had? I didn't ever think it was I possible. Hoping tomorrow is brighter...if not perhaps Easter chocolate can help? Lol

I feel exactly like this too...
    DH: 39 Me: 40 Low AMH/High FSH/Low AFC
    2005 DS1
    2007 MC at 13 weeks (boy)
    2008 DS2

1st Cycle - Jan 2012 - Genesis - cancelled poor response
    2nd Cycle - May 2012 - Genesis - 10 ER, 1 ET - BFN
    3rd Cycle - Feb 2013 - Genesis - cancelled poor response
    4th Cycle - Oct/Nov 2013 - Genesis - 4 ER, 1 ET - BFN
    5th Cycle - April 2014 - HRC - cancelled poor response

Nov 2014 - Surprise BFP - 12 week scan showed baby stopped growing at 8 weeks
    6th Cycle - DE March 2015 - DE FET1 8th June BFN, FET2 7th Oct BFN

"shoot for the moon, if you miss you will still be amongst the stars"

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by granddaughter View Post
    Just imagine your life with out those two, look at their smiling little faces, and the sweet little kisses they give. Tomorrow will be better, give your self some time.
    …and this made me cry!…thank you for the wake up call x
    DH: 39 Me: 40 Low AMH/High FSH/Low AFC
    2005 DS1
    2007 MC at 13 weeks (boy)
    2008 DS2

1st Cycle - Jan 2012 - Genesis - cancelled poor response
    2nd Cycle - May 2012 - Genesis - 10 ER, 1 ET - BFN
    3rd Cycle - Feb 2013 - Genesis - cancelled poor response
    4th Cycle - Oct/Nov 2013 - Genesis - 4 ER, 1 ET - BFN
    5th Cycle - April 2014 - HRC - cancelled poor response

Nov 2014 - Surprise BFP - 12 week scan showed baby stopped growing at 8 weeks
    6th Cycle - DE March 2015 - DE FET1 8th June BFN, FET2 7th Oct BFN

"shoot for the moon, if you miss you will still be amongst the stars"

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    After all my talk of feeling blessed, a few little comments from one person I barely know have sent in back into a blubbering wreck. Apparently we have an inbuilt need to see girls as more in need of protecting as they are more valuable because boys are only needed for 1 small part of baby making and can spread their seed. Girls and boys are not equal. "Not that I'm saying boys are not worth anything"
    No not exactly but you are saying they are not worth as much as girls.
    It was a discussion on what age you would let your kids play out alone and she started going on about boys allowed out earlier than girls and why was that and that if a boy gets a girl pregnant he can walk away and it won't effect his life.
    I don't have to worry cos I have boys.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Motherofboys I am not even sure how I would have taken that conversation?? Was this a person who had only girls? I really don't know how you ladies hold your tongue when people say awful things like "Not that I am saying boys aren't worth anything" or "if a boy gets a girl pregnant he can walk away"? Who thinks like this? This woman sounds like she might be having her own GD issues she is dealing with.
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She has 1 daughter an apparently no desire for any more children. I don't even know what pregnancy had to do with whether or not it was ok to let an 8 year old play out the front of their house or not!
    And I would hope that when they are old enough to be doing anything like that I had raised my boys well enough to be careful if a pregnancy isn't wanted and if something does happen to take responsibility for his actions. One of my fears with boys is that the girl could take off and I'd never know my grandchildren.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow she sounds like a total b... kind of feel sorry for her DD stuck alone with a Mom like that. She sounds like a rather miserable woman.

So are their no laws in the UK that prevent Moms from just up and leaving with children? Here you can go to court, get paternity tests, have joint custody, etc. If she decides to take off it would be considered kidnapping and she would be in contempt of court. If she does that enough she could go to jail. Problem is not to many boys/men actually follow through and press this issue.
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's the same here where legally if he wants contact then the dad has the right to it. But I don't think that many men realise the rights they have.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by motherofboys View Post
    After all my talk of feeling blessed, a few little comments from one person I barely know have sent in back into a blubbering wreck. Apparently we have an inbuilt need to see girls as more in need of protecting as they are more valuable because boys are only needed for 1 small part of baby making and can spread their seed. Girls and boys are not equal. "Not that I'm saying boys are not worth anything"
    No not exactly but you are saying they are not worth as much as girls.
    It was a discussion on what age you would let your kids play out alone and she started going on about boys allowed out earlier than girls and why was that and that if a boy gets a girl pregnant he can walk away and it won't effect his life.
    I don't have to worry cos I have boys.

This is unreal. Her comments are completely ignorant and obnoxious. It's because of women like her mothers of any gender are struggling to accept what is and be proud and happy for it. Try to take the comments lightly...she is obviously uneducated and bitter.

2 baby boys blessed Hoping for a little girl to complete our family
    Angel baby Decemeber 23confirmedand pregnant again nowPlease, please be my little girl!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast