Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

So scared to know.. Is ignorance bliss?

Wow. I can't believe that after a lifetime of imagining I'll one day mother a precious daughter and almost a year on this "gender dreaming journey" I'm less than a day away from getting an idea if this heartfelt desire and longing of mine will come true.

Tomorrow is my NT scan, I'll be 12 weeks and 5 days pregnant - part of me is too anxious to know if there's any gender hints and another part of me is really hoping I can get a good nub/skull shot. I don't want to feel any differently about this baby we tried so hard to conceive and already feel connected to. I'm so nervous/scared/excited to know if my sway worked and if God's plan for our family is to have this beautiful little girl we all imagine. I'm trying to prepare myself either way but I must admit, this pregnancy, all the old wives tales, symptoms, Chinese gender chart, ring test, iridology test, acupressure test, friends & families dreams and intuitions are all pointing to girl so I can't help but have some hope.

Please Lord, help me know and understand the amazing gift of this baby no matter the gender. I love my boys to the absolute ends of the earth so I know I'll feel the same if this one is another boy. I just also know I'll mourn the daughter I have prayed for, longed for and tried so hard to conceive.

Thanks for reading bless you all xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't find out with my 4th and while my pregnancy was great and I held hope until she was born...after was horrible. As soon as DH left me to go grab some food I started crying while I held her and was already (just 2hrs after birth) thinking of swaying again next time. I was obsessed with it! While I adored her and was probably closest to her as I was so guilty that I was disappointed...I suffered PND which I believe was the result of GD.

#5 I found out at 20 weeks...I cried for 3 weeks and was sad...but got over it and was really happy when she was born! It was a much better experience!!
    Our 6-pack of girlies

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    P.S.....please take all of my pink dust...it's very strong!
    Our 6-pack of girlies

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Princess of Pink! You're welcome to all my blue dust too!!!

That's such a valid point, I do think that although finding out is so frightening now, I am better to be prepared either way and at peace emotionally once our sweet baby is born. I am so invested in my dream of having a daughter that I just worry about the sadness I might feel if it isn't her.. I think I do need to face the music though and start getting used to knowing who is joining our family either way!

Thank you so much, hearing your experience has really helped xoxo
    Last edited by Flowergirl; July 30th, 2014 at 09:45 PM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am hoping you hear girl, but it is still early either way

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Granddaughter, you're too sweet xx

I agree, it won't be definite even if I get the best ever nub shot, I just have this feeling I'll get a strong hunch either way once I see the scan images and I don't even know if I'm ready for that!! Thankfully the full gender scan is about 6 weeks away so maybe I'll be more emotionally and mentally prepared then

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in the same boat as you. I have a scan Monday and I
    L be 13w1d and I'm soooo hoping I'll see clues but I'm so scared at the same time.
    praying and swaying

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Super curious about your ladies scans- here's to hoping for pink dust!
    Mama to one 6 yr old and one 20 month old

Expecting a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really felt DS1 was a boy so there was no surprise at the gender scan. I could never go team green! I was so sure DS2 was a girl, I was shocked at the scan. It took a while to process. I think it would be too overwhelming at the birthing!
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Abifasc View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you. I have a scan Monday and I
    L be 13w1d and I'm soooo hoping I'll see clues but I'm so scared at the same time.
    Ohhh, I'll be thinking of you - I know how huge this moment is! Do you have an inkling Abifasc? I guess I'm maybe leaning girl for us but I think that's clouded by such desire and because I've been so sick and vomiting this pregnancy which I wasn't with the boys. I think everyone else's "feeling" for us has been girl too so it makes it hard to remain open to the huge chance this is another little blue bundle! In saying all that though - I know I will be totally and utterly shocked if it does look girly. I think it will be way too good to be true!! Xx

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast