Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 2boysJustOneGirl View Post
    What bugs me most about pigeon pair moms is that they get the best of both worlds. .
    Hey Hun, I was thinking of what you wrote here and it occurred to me that maybe the PP mums get the best of both worlds, but maybe that's not the case for the girl and the boy as perhaps they would prefer a sibling of the same gender to play with, probably have more similar hobbies and interests with, similar issues etc...? Maybe just something to bear in mind x x
    2 beautiful blue eyed boys who both own my (3 if you count DH!)
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

'No one knows when or how their story ends...' My wonderful mum 2014.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you are right, my boys (21 months apart) will be great playmates and hopefully friends for life. I get tired of hearing that from ppl tho😜I don't think it's too selfish to want or wish for something for myself. It's always about "my boys". It's all I hear. That alone sends me off into a very lonely place...😢

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 baby boys blessed Hoping for a little girl to complete our family
    Angel baby Decemeber 23confirmedand pregnant again nowPlease, please be my little girl!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry you're at such a low point right now. I've been there. You're not really alone at all in this struggle. It only appears that way because of the people you know. There really are plenty of all boy moms out there and if you're not done you might get your girl, yet (and appreciate her all the more because of this).

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

She feels lshe feels like kicking out all the windows and setting fire to thi...

Thanks trifecta. I am in a better place now. I think PMS really plays into how depressed I feel about my GD. We are planning on another. Just not sure which way to go...sway or HT. I have only lately even considered swaying, maybe that is my conscience telling me it is the right time. I don't know what to do!

Angel baby Decemeber 23confirmedand pregnant again nowPlease, please be my little girl!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You could very easily get your daughter. Most people with 3 kids have mixed genders. I know TONS of people that had 2 boys and then a girl! Good luck!
    Proud mom of 3 lovely young ladies praying and swaying for a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Jana. The fear is what if I have ANOTHER boy?!? OMG I don think I could handle that...but I have moments where I think I would just deal with it, love him (of course!) and move on.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You would love him and you would deal with it. There seems to be something quite special about the 3rd child of the same gender with a lot of the ladies here. I know my 3rd daughter is my most affectionate and gives me the most love. My husband wanted her to be a boy very badly and he had GD while I was pregnant with her and now he just absolutely adores her.
    Proud mom of 3 lovely young ladies praying and swaying for a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    While pigeon pair parents may seem to get "the best of both worlds," there are things they miss out by not having multiple children of the same sex. The biggest one of those, and I am sure plenty of people notice it, is that PP parents tend to attribute ALL differences to gender. "Oh, she is talkative because she is a girl." "Oh, he is running around like that because he is a boy." "He likes those toys because boys like building toys." They don't get to see the awesome personality differences that come with having two of the same sex. Someone on here a long time again said its like getting two unique presents in the same wrapping paper. And that really does kinda explain what two or three or four of the same is like. Just because the one factor is the same, doesn't mean anything else about that package is similar. And, in that way, I do think PP parents miss out on something special. Seeing just how different two boys can be from one another, how activity level and likes and socialibilty are totally different despite the child being the same sex as his brother. And I do agree that the kids get unique benefit from that as well.

I do think that it's tough to feel that left out feeling. And it's maddening to watch people get their "ideal" family without any effort or even really caring that much. I do know that folks on here and those who deal with GD appreciate when they do get that DG even more. And it probably is that same old thing people always said "You appreciate things more when you have to work for them." I hope it happens for you.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry! I feel you but like some pp said I really never wanted a pigeon pair. I love my boys TO DEATH but if I were in some alternate universe my top choice would be all girls, if not all girls than 2 of each so they could have a sibling their gender.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The truth is I likely would have been content with two kids if I had one girl and one boy. Kids are expensive! Pregnancy is exhausting and let's face it kids change things. Once you realize they are actual little ppl (takes awhile for some!) it becomes scary and unknown territory is something that is stressful for me! Especially having boys, I have struggled to relate to my kids and that makes me sad. All I hear is how lucky my husband is for two fishing partners. Where do I fit in? I don't. Simple.

When I get my girl, Likely though HT, I will be able to have that connection with my kid that I crave. And I won't be so outnumbered by penises!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast