Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are tons of people out there who seem ok with all one gender families (esp. with 2 or 3 of one). I really was ok with my 2 boys for quite some time, the desire for a girl really didn't even kick in until after I was pg with my third. Swaying wouldn't even have occured to me with the first two, and while I did a little Shettles stuff with the third (was the only thing I'd ever heard about), I didn't have a strong preference until the Old Wives' Tales and symptoms seemed to indicate he was a she.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Guess it depends how many you are planning on having etc I knew we could only have two I guess if you start of thinking your have 3/4 it wouldn't feel such a big deal. But yes I'm sure there are plenty that are happy and don't even think about swaying or even wanted the opposite sex on there 2nd or 3rd.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    and I have quite a few people on here swaying for their first. There is no right or wrong here, it's all about the dream of what each individual had in their minds.

We had these friends who had a little boy and they were like "we are having one more, and naming it Jordan, if it's a boy or a girl, and then we're done!" Naming their kid "jordan" was more important to them than the gender was! Even then (this was when I was pretty happy with my two boys) I thought that was absolutely NUTS! (and of course, they got a girl, didn't give a sh-- either way and got a girl without even thinking about it) :/

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would be perfectly fine with my adorable 2 boy family if I didn't feel like I have just one shot left in this lifetime for a daughter. We only want 3. I've already used up two of my "shots" so everything is weighing on the third one which is a lot of pressure. I recently was talking to some of my all-boy mom friends. Unlike me, they're all done, though they are all wistful that they'll never have a daughter and will always be the MIL. One of them said "if I did have a third, there is no question it would just be another boy." That's kind of how i feel. I'm 100% convinced that without high tech intervention I'm going to have a third boy. Today I saw a mom with two older boys and a baby girl and that seems so unusual to me!
    (2010-2011) ... (2012) ... (2014) ... (2015)

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know a few that have had two boys then girl swaying gets you closer to ur girl but obviously not a given!! I always wondered if I had two boys would i of gone for a third but I think my way of thinking is like you friends I would of purely been trying again for a girl and not just for a baby boy. I guess it depends on each individual.. Good luck to you lemonade xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am like you, I have two boys of my own (and a step-son), and I feel like without HT of some sort another will be a boy.

It is obvious that some families (regardless of blood) are more "prone" to have a specific gender. My father's brother has the following scenario:

1. His wife has a daughter by a previous marriage. That daughter has three daughters with her present husband.
    2. He and his wife have a daughter together. This daughter has one daughter by her first husband and two daughters from her second husband.
    3. The oldest daughter of the Step-Daughter (in line #1) is pregnant for the first time and it is a girl.

So, here are an array of gene assortments with different women and all girls (9 in all - if you were counting) are the result. So, I can see where genetic and lifestyle factors have an impact on being more likely to have one gender over another.
    Married to my High School Sweetheart.
    14 10 3 and our miracle (3/7/16)

Last sway for ended with a beautiful baby .

Surprise BFP Sept 2013...Ended in (D&C 11/19/13 - No HB at 11 weeks)
    Tried each month with no success at pregnancy on our own from 12/13-9/14. Moved on with RE.

IUI #1 with Injectables 10/17/14 = BFN at 14 DPIUI
    IUI #2 with Injectables 11/14/14 = BFN at 11 DPIUI

FET "Baby Stella" 3/17/15 = BFP betas 22,44,51,52...CP :

Donor Embryo Attempt 2 - FET 7/10/15 - BFP!!

Betas...10 p5dt = 177
    12 dp5dt = 534 (30.1 hours doubling time!)
    14 dp5dt = 1339 (36.2 hours doubling time!)
    17 dp5dt = 3993 (45.7 hours doubling time!)
    21 dp5dt = 5839 (175 hours doubling time)...trying to be positive...HRC suggested that both implanted and one didn't make it...had pink spotting on 19dp5dt please don't leave us yet little one.
    23 dp5dt = 12,292!
    28 dp5dt = 29,504
    1 Beautiful seen at 6w3d (measuring 6w1d) 123 bpm! Heartbeat seen again at 8w3d 180 bpm!
    Anatomy Scan at 17 weeks shows a happy and healthy little girl!

"Life is not what it's supposed to be. It's what it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference." Virginia Satir

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    and one thing I have found interesting is that in my extended family, we had a huge run of boys and then a huge run of girls. Many of these people were not even genetically related to each other - I"m talking cousins, in laws, etc. For awhile it was just all boys, then for a while it's been all girls.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah a friend of mine hangs around with a big group of girls they all have two or three boys each it's almost a joke thing now every time someone is pregnant they all say it has to be a pink one but they all then say no it's bound to be another boy , 8 in a row now!! Wonder if the law of attraction has anything to do with it!! X

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've seen that with groups too and it's interesting if it is not a random group - like we had these 7th day adventists who lived in our community and they had nearly all girls!! (7th day adventists are vegetarian)

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love it it's sooo interesting. I find myself trying to guess with everyone now I look at scan pic (nub) then try and find out stuff about lifestyle and diet lol. Do you think woman determine gender more than men or play equal parts?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast