Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Preparing for GD.

I have an upcoming gender scan in a few days, it's all I can think about...I just keep going over my 12 week u/s pictures and the more I stare the more I know it going to be a boy. I have one girl and two boys, my daughter refuses to believe it could be a boy, this is what makes me nervous. I'm trying to talk to her and tell her it could be either and we don't mind as long as the baby is healthy. Of course my sister in law is having a baby girl, which doesn't help. I don't know how I'm going to get through these next few days without going crazy, I just wish I could fast forward to my scan. The not knowing is the hardest part.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My girls once told me when I was pregnant with DD3 that "we had enough girls" and they had wanted a brother. Fast forward after she was here and they asked me if I could have another girl! Kids change their minds with the wind and worrying about you daughter in this capacity isn't worth it. I have just one son and since he is the only one, he is special it's nice. If it is a boy for you, it just makes the fact that you do have a daughter that much more special. I am simply grateful that I have him at all.

Your daughter has you as a female support in your family and my son has his father. Sometimes, that just has to be enough.

I understand wanting a sister and for that reason, I hope you do hear girl but if not, you and your daughter will be ok.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you nuthinbutpink, I know she will love another baby brother just as much as she would a sister. I keep telling her we will be the queen and princess of our household if it is indeed a boy, she thinks that's pretty awesome...I suppose it kinda is

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think sometimes these comments made by our kiddos get maginfied in importance in our mind and they take on this significance that is greater than it deserves, quite frankly. Of course she wants a sister - tons of people do - but not everyone gets it and there are a bazillion things that kids wish for desperately that don't happen. It's part of growing up, that lesson that we don't always get what we want. Don't let it take on a greater importance than it should have. It is not going to ruin her life and she may not even take it that seriously over the course of time (even if she melts down in the here and now). I'm not saying she doesn't really want a sister or that it's a whim to her, but just that you can't let it make your GD aggravated.

I have seen at least one woman on this site actually risk her life going for a 6th c-section to give her DD a sister. Please try to keep it in perspective!

I agree with nuthin - I only have one daughter and while I thought it would really bug me, I actually have grown to prefer it that way now. She's unique (well naturally all 5 of my kids are, but she's "the girl" LOL) and there is something really cool about it. It's all in the way you look at it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My cousin had a DD(6) and a DS(3) when she was pg with her 3rd. Her DD, ONLY wanted a sister, and she got a sister. The oldest DD (now 10) now tells me all the time. (I see them every week) that she wanted a sister until she realized she would have to share a room and clothes and everything, now she wishes she had just brothers, so kids definitely change their minds

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One last story, I was at the park with my DD, and the sweetest little girl, maybe 8 y.o. came up to me to see my DD. (1yo at the time). The girl said she had 2 brothers and since she didn't have a sister, she was so glad she had her mommy, because her mom was her best friend . It was really so touching and as a mom if a DD, I would love it if my daughter was telling people that she was so happy to have me because I was her BF. It was really touching to hear this girl talk about how much she appreciates and is thankful for her mom. My DD might end up being one of the only girls in our family and extended family, and even though I wish she could have at least a girl cousin , it might turn out to be a really special thing her her to be the only DD and GD :-)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm the only girl. And my mom is my best friend.
    I do have a cousin close to me and we were good friends. But she moved so we grew apart.
    But I do everything with my mom.
    I think its were the gender desire comes from. I'm close too granny too.
    My mom is the only girl too and shes close to her mom aswel

Though I always wanted a sister. I'm glad i've got my mom,
    My SIL's have sisters ans none have the bond with their mom as I do. So its special.
    Last edited by sweetdream; January 27th, 2015 at 12:06 AM.
    Mom to

THX Atomic and gender dreaming forum/members. For your knowledge and support to make our dream come true and family complete!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies.

Aw, that's so sweet Pebbles...my dd always tells me we are best friends, it's so cute. That's funny about the room and sharing...one thing I haven't told dd is that if it is a girl, she will eventually be sharing her room lol.

I was talking to her today about the adorable boys name we have picked
    Out and she loves it. I'm starting to relax a little more about it all, though I would love another dd, I am also excited for a little boy playmate for my youngest ds. I think the days leading up to this scan have me overthinking and getting anxious. Only a few more days *deep breaths*

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's strange sweetdream, because I only have sisters...we aren't close, I've always wanted a brother. I hope I can carry on my strong relationship with my daughter as she grows into an adult. I get along with my mum, but we have never been super close. I always envy those mothers I see out shopping with their baby and their mum.