Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deleted

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Deleted

-
    Last edited by pink_bean; September 15th, 2016 at 09:30 PM.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Guys do well with facts and if you have the money, the guarantee of gender with HT may help change his mind!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My husband wanted 0 and I wanted 4 when we got together. He saw how
    Much I wanted a child so changed his mind and agreed for just 1.. But then seeing the sibling relationship, came around to having #2.. But he'd have never gone for HT and he will never ever agree for # 3
    5 Year old DS - The most amazing kiddo ever!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My DH only wanted 2 & it took me 5yrs to talk him into no 3 which we swayed & got DD3 then I talked him into HT for no 4 which was not gaureentee it would work but it was gaureenteed that I would put back a xy.
    DW 38
    DH 37

Cycle # 1 HRC Dr Potter 8th March 2014
    7 retrieved, 3 Mature, 2 Fertilised, 1 abnormal XY XB BB -10,-16,
    1 Normal XY HB AA BFP!
    First BETA 135 26/3/14 11dp6dt, Second BETA 859 31/3/14 16dp6dt
    Third BETA 10106 14/4/14
    NO HEARTBEAT! 22/4/14, D&C 23/4/14

Cycle # 2 HRC Dr Potter ER OCT 2014
    Stimmed an extra 2 days so ER was 31st Oct Halloween
    19 retrieved & 14 mature & all 14 fertilised
    7 to day 5 testing, 3 abnormal xy's
    1 normal xy HB AA Transferred 6/11/14
    3 normal xx
    First BETA HCG 400 E2 1389 P4 17, 17th Nov 10dp6dt
    Second BETA HCG 1022 E2 3246 P4 88.3 19th Nov 12dp6dt
    Third BETA HCG 15513 E2 3803 P4 78.4 27th Nov 20dp6dt

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe eventually he will agree if he can see how much having a daughter means to you. My DP said no at first but could see how sad I was about it, I didn't push him, just gradually said things like If only we could have a garentee and he got curious and eventually agreed. He says one day we will be rich, lol.
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did your significant other come around to another baby?

I'm facing this right now in fact I came in to the forum just now to get it off my chest and talk to you ladies about it. We have 2 boys my hubby is very happy with this and doesn't want anymore. His reasoning is all logical and makes complete sense, money still being able to live the lives we want, travel etc. But emotional I want a daughter, I love my two boys my dream would be 2 boys and a girl in the nicest way I don't want 3 boys. I keep thinking of what people think, all those people with their rude comments about all boys dealing with that, seeing all my nieces I don't think I could handle it. Plus then we wouldn't be able to travel as much. I know that if I ended up having a third boy I would adore him like my other two.

Hubby will reluctantly let me try for a third but I feel very alone in my decision to have a third, and the GD that might come with having a third boy. I feel so lost on making this decision 😔

Would love to do HT but it's such a huge expense for a small guarantee, we would have to save for 2 years to get the money together. I would feel guilty spending that much money on something I want.

DH and I have a very strong relationship but I always worry the stress that another kid will add to our relationship. Especially if we have another boy and I'm a bit depressed.

So is hubby saying no more, would he come around if you wanted a third?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Magical22; January 27th, 2015 at 05:47 AM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sent from my iPhone using

This sounds like I wrote it myself! We would have to be in a really good place for him to even possibly come around to a third and we are not there yet. I don't even know why I even want more kids, as it's so hard right now! Oh yeah, I desperately want a daughter and only a daughter. Of course I would love another boy if I had one but that to me just means more GD, judgement, comments and all the things I'm already very negatively affected by.

But HT is so far out of our reach and also, as you say, it's a lot of money for something that's really not a guarantee for everybody. I love reading successful sway stories but we know they don't work for everyone, either.[/QUOTE]

My husband asked just the other day if we where guaranteed with our next baby that it would be 100% a boy would I go again and I said no I would prefer just 2 boys. If it was 100% a girl I would def go again.

While having my two boys I also had 2 miscarriages and about 5 people have told me oh you probably can't carry girls. REALLY that makes me upset what if they are right and is there anyway to find that out!? Also the more time that passes the more I don't want to go back to that whole newborn stage. Then someone will have a girl and I go back right back to the start. I keep thinking I'll regret it if I don't try.

I constantly am thinking about what to do, it's nice to know I'm not alone, what county are you from? I'm in Australia QLD.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DH only wanted 2 and I wanted 4. he assumed we could compromise on 3. I never compromised. he gave me a hard time right before 3 so as to prevent me from asking for 4. but I made him sway and secretly hoped for a 3rd girl so that I could try once more for my 4th (boy). (tho I would have LOVED 2girls and 2 boys). he changed his diet slightly to accommodate my sway and he was shocked that it didn't work. long story short, I made a deal with him. he wanted to move away from our families for a great job. I asked if I would be able to have a 4th? he said possibly., I would make him watch shows on PGD (60 minutes). or send articles (that were in favor of it). I pretty much whispered in his ear for a couple yrs. at the same time I told him I would consider stopping at 3. (and I did consider). to show that I respected his choice too. but then I couldn't take it anymore and told him I really feel empty like something is missing and wanted a 4th but not naturally bc we only create girls. we are just coming out of debt so I asked him to loan me the money and I would work later and pay him off. he laughed at that idea but I tried to make deals about taking over his chores around the house, etc. after a couple big fights he agreed, worked out the finances and then said wait 2 yrs. I said that's too late., so then I whined again and he said a yr and a half. so here I am in pretesting at 37.5. but he is not letting me take over his chores but I am happy and so he is happy. I make him happy, I make sure he is #1, king, whatever he wants emotionally to show I appreciate his sacrifice. bc he wants things too. and this will set us back another yr or more....

Polpectomy/Hysteroscopy complete (2 polyps)
    June ER @ HRC
    30 retrieved, 24 mature, 23 fertilized, 17 to biopsy, 5 normal, 2xy!, 1 transferred, 1 frozen
    HB seen at 6w4d!

I can't believe I did this!

My HT son
    My family is complete. Baby fever resolved!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With my 4th son we were supposed to be done. My 1st son is not his. He did come around to having another child. I did have my little girl.

Mom of and born July 18th 2013.

10. Likes covered in blue liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I blogged on this question, specific to HT
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/blog...ht-part-1.html

My DH only wanted two kids. After 1 kid, he said 'actually maybe I only want 1' (at which point I freaked!)
    We then decided on 2. So after having my 2nd, I was convincing him both to have a 3rd and go HT. Which he was initially vehemently against. I went slowly and it took 6 months. I do not think he would've gone for a 3rd if we were swaying - the risk he'd have lost his wife to GDe again would've been too great.
    2 sweet, beautiful boys, 6 and 2
    for getting my
    DW 39, DH 41
    Multiple
    Cycle #1 late 2013: 17 eggs, 12 mature, all fertilized, 4 EB batched
    Cycle #2 early 2014: 9 eggs, 8 mature, all fertilized, 2 EB.
    Day 5 aCGH testing. 1 normal XY (1st cycle) and 2 normal XX (one from each)!
    Summer 2014 SET #1 - zero beta
    Cycle #3 late 2014 - 13 eggs, 11 mature, 10 fertilized, none made it to testing.
    SET #2 - Cancelled
    SET #3 - Cancelled

Dream until your dreams come true - Hopeanddreamg's avatar

Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about. - Sir Winston Churchill

Your dream doesn’t have an expiration date. Take a deep breath and try again. - KT Witten

You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination. - Ralph Marston

http://gender-dreaming.com/forum/blogs/ocean/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast