Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Husband now seems scared of IVF/PGD and would prefer to sway... :(

Hi all,

When I first mentioned IVF/PGD to him (showed him a video of Dr Potter on 60 minutes); he seemed pretty open.

Recently, I explained to him that despite spending over $20k, going through all of the testing and emotions - it is still not guaranteed.

He is understandably freaked out of going through such an emotional rollercoaster with nothing to show; and also paranoid of dishonesty from the medical clinics possibly selling off our embryos, tampering and putting in other people's DNA, etc. He is not trusting of other people.

We were always set on 2 kids, but he suggested that we try for a boy the second time...and if that doesn't work; we may consider IVF/PGD.

I want to try IVF/PGD the 2nd time so I can get it off my mind and just accept the fact that we will not have a son if it doesn't work out. I don't want to hold onto this hope for several more years. If we could, I would try for IVF/PGD August 2016.

I'm not sure what to think...I have a lot of anxiety about the next baby, when I haven't even delivered my first. I was not like this before, but after seeing how much he wants a boy (I do too, but not as much); I feel very anxious and am not fully focused on my current pregnancy. He has been very supportive and kind, but I know he's very much longing for a son.

TBH, I trust IVF/PGD more than I do with sways. I know either one doesn't work for everyone, but I am young and feel more hopeful about IVF/PGD. I think I might rather give up on a dream DS if the procedure doesn't work; than to sway and have that anxiety up to a 20+ weeks ultrasound, deal with not having a DS and stress out about having a 3rd (when our plan was always 2).

I'm not sure...

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think think if you can afford HT, the earlier you start, the more chance you have of success due to maternal age. I severely doubt that Dr. Potter would be selling off any embryos without permission or doing anything else illegal, his clinic is one of the best. I don't think your DH has anything to worry about.

I'm totally with you that swaying just isn't a guarantee, so if you want a guarantee, you have to go HT. You won't be guaranteed a pregnancy, but you'll know that IF you get pregnant, you will have your DG.

I suggest that you also post this on the High tech forum, then you'll get more answers from people who are in the middle of HT and will probably have many good answers for you.

GL!

3. Likes Dreamofpink, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What's the high tech forum? I tried to find it and couldn't. I to
    am interested in pgd!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We have a free HT forum (just go back to the main forums and scroll down, you'll see it!)

The good stuff is in the Dream Members section, though. You also get a private place to post that no one can see but us girls.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ