Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If that counselor is worth a snitch, she'll listen and be sympathetic no matter what her stance is. Infertility is infertility and if she is going to make money from helping others through it, she should empathize with your plight. Sure, she has seen much worse cases, but that is not your reality.

Respect that what you are going through is HARD, no matter what others go through. You are you, and not them. Hard concept but one I have had to work on over the years. My mom is the most UNsympathetic mother around and it has taken some serious focus to validate myself and my struggles after being told for years "you don't have the corner on pain and suffering". Maybe I don't, but my heartache is still heartache and that alone is valid!!!

And awesome doctor! I had one like that years ago. A lot of people complained about her but I loved her. In the end, the guy everyone loved over her was convicted of many sexual crimes against women using his position as a doctor to get away with them. Totally unrelated to your story, but just because common opinion doesn't make a doctor shine doesn't mean anything. You know what you are dealing with and you have found a gem! Count that as a blessing!!

My Gender Dreaming

2. Likes LacePrincess liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very wise words Adia, from someone who has clearly been through the trenches. Thank you so so much.

I've started to spot and I just canNOT believe how broken my body is. Today will be lots of wine, sushi, and tears. ( Shit. Though I am excited about getting going with the Femara.

I feel really great about our new RE but one thing that worries me is that if we go IVF, I feel like Cdn clinics just don't measure up to the US ones in terms of aggressive protocols and new technology. So while I really like our RE if we had to move onto IVF I'm worried we'll have to leave our clinic to have a better chance in the States, and also to have a shot at PGS/GS again....which means having to shop for a new RE in the US all over again and that makes me want to hurl. One step at a time I know.

I'm sure I'm worrying over nothing about the counselor. Everyone seems to think she's wonderful so I'm sure it'll be fine. I can't deny my GD being a huge part of my issues anymore, it's been there since DS1 and over the last decade has only gotten worse and worse. I have to deal with it so it's not like a cancer just destroying me for the rest of my life.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh Hun, I wish I had some magic words of wisdom to share, but there are none just know that I too hate that GD bitch and wish more than anything that it would leave me the frack alone! I'm really so sorry to hear about your infertility problems too; I can only image how much worse that must make things sending you (((hugs))) from over the pond xxx
    2 beautiful blue eyed boys who both own my (3 if you count DH!)
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

'No one knows when or how their story ends...' My wonderful mum 2014.

5. Thanks LacePrincess thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittybear View Post
    Oh Hun, I wish I had some magic words of wisdom to share, but there are none just know that I too hate that GD bitch and wish more than anything that it would leave me the frack alone! I'm really so sorry to hear about your infertility problems too; I can only image how much worse that must make things sending you (((hugs))) from over the pond xxx
    Thank you so much Kittybear. Actually you've already said exactly what helps, that you're listening to my rants and that already helps so much.

It really does feel like having the whole infertility issue in there has just exponentially exacerbated the GD. Before I'd always assumed that, well, even if it took awhile we knew we could always try again.....but now having to think about maybe not ever being able to conceive again at all - I feel just staggering disbelief and shock more than anything else. I never ever thought I'd be a 'real' IF patient. It's a real shock to the system.

It's also hard because I can never talk about any of this in the IF groups in RL. So it always feels like I have to hide my GD and it just feels like a dirty secret festering away inside, which surely can't be healthy!
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry you are struggling with this. I have also always said I would never use an egg donor, but after several of my friends have used an egg donor, I see thing differently now. I would use a donor if that was my only way of having a girl. It would of course be expensive, but you would have a much higher rate of success with PGD. I'm just throwing this out there, as many people have to challenge their own boundaries when they find out that things aren't going their way "naturally". I'm pretty sure than nobody, including the parents, consider their egg donor children any less their children. Good luck!

8. Thanks LacePrincess thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I really gotta learn never to say 'never', LMAO. After talking with DH we realized that if it was our only hope, yes we'd go donor. Probably donor embryos because donor eggs are staggeringly expensive, there's no way we could afford $20k+ just for the egg part.

We'd be open to infant adoption too but adoption is a whole 'nother ball of scary!
    Me (38) and DH (38)

early m/c Jan 2013

Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

10. Likes Claire33, Dana-Alicia liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree, infant/regular adoption is a totally different ball game from embryo adoption. With embryo adoption you get to adopt embryos from most likely parents with some degree success/normailty in life (since they can afford IVF), and you get to determine how healthy your own pregnancy is. If you go for infant adoption, you don't know what kind of parents or pregnancy the baby has had (drugs, alcohol, psychiatric disorders etc). Even though of course adoption is a wonderful thing, but one has to be prepared for potentially a baby with issues, plus that you never know when an infant will be available for adoption or the birth mother changes her mind etc. I don't mean to offend anyone who has adopted, as I think adoption is a great thing!
    Last edited by Claire33; May 25th, 2015 at 01:27 PM.

12. Likes LacePrincess, Jany1025 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry you are struggling with infertility, I can not imagine how hard that must be I really hope you can make your dream come true via a donorembryo. Best of pink luck to you mama!
    Mummy to a girl, born sleeping & two gorgeous & loud little boys

14. Thanks LacePrincess thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire33 View Post
    I agree, infant/regular adoption is a totally different ball game from embryo adoption. With embryo adoption you get to adopt embryos from most likely parents with some degree success/normailty in life (since they can afford IVF), and you get to determine how healthy your own pregnancy is. If you go for infant adoption, you don't know what kind of parents or pregnancy the baby has had (drugs, alcohol, psychiatric disorders etc). Even though of course adoption is a wonderful thing, but one has to be prepared for potentially a baby with issues, plus that you never know when an infant will be available for adoption or the birth mother changes her mind etc. I don't mean to offend anyone who has adopted, as I think adoption is a great thing!
    That's it EXACTLY. I am terrified of how much could be wrong but invisible yk? I'm so paranoid myself that I never touched a drop of alcohol, or ate sushi or brie, or heck even had a softboiled egg in my pregnancies. There's so much that could be wrong and I have to be honest, I have limits to what I can handle.

The other thing is in Ont the adoption system is SO broken. People spend years applying, qualifying, etc etc and get stuck in all the red tape. So many horror stories. Apparently in ALL of last year, Ont adopted a grand total of - no kidding - 40 infants. FORTY. That's insane. It's not for lack of need, it's because of the bureaucracy. Truly horrifying.

I haven't read too much into donor embryos but that's probably our only bet if my eggs fail us. Still pretty complicated as we'd have to get them in the US. I'm not sure if it's possible to have them transferred into Canada for the actual ET though, which would be easier. Of course that's really thinking WAY too far ahead, LOL. But that would be something I would be okay with if we could afford it.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

early m/c Jan 2013

Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

16. Likes Claire33 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire33 View Post
    I feel the same exact way.

I absolutely love the idea of embryo adoption. I remember during one of my BFNs 2AM psychotic searches I saw that there was an embryo available at a clinic by a donor sperm and donor egg embryo made by Swedish woman and Japanese man. I thought heck I look Asian and DH is Irish American this would be a great match!

I pray that you get your DD one way or another!
    2 Boys 6 & 9 yrs old 6 year old IVF and has NF1 - PGD to test for NF1 and Gender

Cycle #1-August 2010-Transferred 1 Girl= BFN
    Cycle #2- Nov 2010- No Unaffected Females to Transfer No Unaffected Males to Freeze
    Cycle# 3- May 2011- 5 Fertilized --Frozen on Day 2 to Batch with Next Cycle
    Cycle #4- June 2011- Transferred 3 Girls=-BFN
    Cycle#5- September 2011-- Day 5 Biopsy-- Grade A Hatched Blastocyst Girl= BFN
    Cycle #6- Different Doctor-Dr Braverman January 2012-Transferred 3 Girls=BFN
    Cycle #7-April 2012 Transferred 6 Girls =BFN
    Cycle #8-July 2012 Transferred 3 Girls=BFN--WTF!
    Cycle #9-October 2012 Transferred 2 Girls- Beta-=13 Chemical Pregnancy...

April 2013- 40 yrs old- New RE- SIRM-NYC/Westchester- Transferred 2 Girl Blasts & 2 Girl Morulas= BFP!!!!

April 2015- 42 yrs old- SIRM- 1 Girl Transferred- BFP!!

Samantha 12/17/13 8pounds 3oz

Ava 12/28/15 8pounds 4oz

My Miracle..http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ht-f...acle-here.html

18. Thanks LacePrincess thanked for this post
    Likes Adia liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12