Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hugs Lace. I cut off contact with my mom several times but the last time completely, 4 years ago. Even when I heard she dying this January supposedly, I didn't want to make contact. Now she's dead and there's no chance for her to ever change....though I highly doubt she would have done anything except get worse.

Brava for you to breaking the cycle. My mom was abused physically and emotionally by both parents, grandma was a cold, distant woman and grandpa a sexist violent alcoholic. I mostly pitied her these past several years. She was a miserable, lonely, delusional harpy.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

2. Thanks LacePrincess thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    Hugs Lace. I cut off contact with my mom several times but the last time completely, 4 years ago. Even when I heard she dying this January supposedly, I didn't want to make contact. Now she's dead and there's no chance for her to ever change....though I highly doubt she would have done anything except get worse.

Brava for you to breaking the cycle. My mom was abused physically and emotionally by both parents, grandma was a cold, distant woman and grandpa a sexist violent alcoholic. I mostly pitied her these past several years. She was a miserable, lonely, delusional harpy.
    Thanks maiden. I'm sorry your mom was dysfunctional too. My mom also grew up in an emotionally abusive household, so, definitely a cycle.

For me I'm much angrier at my enabler dad than at my mom - she was and is fundamentally broken and never had normal psychological or emotional responses. My dad, otoh, was just a coward.

Anyways I only managed to break things off because I saw her repeating the abusive pattern pitting MY kids against each other, and I did it for the sake of my boys. Otherwise I doubt I would ever have been able to finally put my foot down. Terrifying, but totally worth the freedom!
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

4. Likes netti02, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Reading all these I wonder if the worst GD comes from when we really are believing the baby is a certain gender. When I TTC my 3rd son I had NO gender preference at all, could envision it being a boy or a girl. I tried to do Shettles but not very hard. It was just all the symptoms and the Chinese Gender Predictor that made me start thinking girl, girl, girl and it was like he usurped her position LOL.

I also know of several people who had HG and everyone said "oh it's a girl" and also people who had incorrect ultrasounds and they also had really severe GD. So it makes me wonder if you're accepting of the possibility going it maybe it's easier???
    THIS THIS THIS!!! I had no preference on my first but OWTs and gender predictors and the fact I had HG so heard "Its definitely a girl!" a bajillion times throughout the nine months of being on Team Green had me FULL sure I was having a girl. That moment my son was born...I swear it was the biggest shock I ever got in my life. It took me the best part of 3 months to properly bond with him, and I feel I compensate with him still to this day because of that. But he was a stranger to me when he was born, I expected a daughter and had bonded with my imaginary daughter and then out popped a son. It was mind boggling. I didn't go Team Green on my second son and had no issues bonding with him, my PPD has been a lot less severe this time and I am just happier but the GD is still there. I honestly think if I hadn't listened to people guesses on gender when pg with DS1 I might not have GD right now. I wonder what a life without GD would feel like, I hate to live like this and wouldn't wish it on anyone. My friend had her DD this past week and while I was happy both she and the baby were ok I couldn't help feeling smug that she was hollering for pain relief before she hit 2cm dilated....I'm a spiteful witch!!!!!
    2012 2014 2016

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234